Why did they write Daisy's car out of the show?

Is there a story behind this? I have always guessed that maybe they decided that the car was redundant, being basically the same thing as the General Lee, the only real difference being the body panels. I have also thought that maybe they decided that having off-road capability (4WD Jeep) in the family's car stable could be beneficial to future storylines.

Another thing about that car; at what point did the idea that the car belonged to Daisy come into being? In the first couple of episodes I believe it was stated or implied that the car belonged to Bo and Luke; like when the balladeer stated that the boys had another car but they took the General Lee when they were expecting trouble, which was most of the time. Also there is talk about Cooter having borrowed Luke's car in the first episode.

I think Luke originally had his own car (the one Cooter borrowed) but it is never shown (perhaps Cooter never returned it). As Uncle Jesse said, "Next time you loan your car to a fool like that, just run it off a cliff and save gas!" Then it's explained that Bo and Luke co-owned the General.

I'm more prone to believe they wanted the Jeep for the 4WD off roading type stuff. Also, they were able to give her Jeep a name. Besides, it was just too funny to see Daisy chasing Bo and Luke with a frying pan after they drove her car off a cliff!

• 2 weeks later...