Ice Road Truckers / Ice Planes NWT

T.J.Duke

I gotta hand it to you T.J., you're braver than me if you tried that.

I've only seen the show once but anybody that would do that has guts.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no wimp. I'd risk my life to protect my family and friends or even a stranger in some cases but I'd never drive in some of those conditions unless I had to.

How often is that on?

It's not that bad driving, I actually felt a lot safer on that road than some of the bush roads that I've hauled on. The first trip out was kinda sketchy with the ice crackling under my truck, but you get used to it. It's actually a very safe road. That show blew it wayyy out of proportion!

It's on Wednesdays on the History Channel. Up here it is anyways... I don't know about in the States, but that's what it is up here. The third season comes on next Wednesday, they aren't on water anymore, they're hauling in the mountains in Alaska.

I'm watchin the season premier right now... That's a whole different ball game in them mountains than on Bear Lake or out on the ocean. They flopped a truck over on her side already. Looks like he wasn't paying attention and caught the hard snow pack on the side of the road d it pulled him in.

Alex and Hugh are there.. Hugh pretty much failed driving in a simulator.. That's stupid! They test the Canadian drivers on a simulator to see if they can drive a truck and there's a guy from Minnesota that jumped in a truck and spun out on a little wee hill! geeze... HAHA!

And they are making a huge deal of running over the arctic ocean again, T.J. I know how much you hate that... lol.

Ice Pilots comes on next! *sings* I want to get away! And fly oh yeahh. YEAH YEAH YEAH!

Ok, I'll stop now... haha. I still can't believe that they agreed to that! next time I'm up there... lol

Yeah I was just watching it. A few of them hills look like they're pretty good pulls. Looks like they got some decent guys at least. Alex makes me laugh. He's a screwball in real life but on TV he's a funny guy. Hugh's about the same on TV as in real life, a pain. lol. That guy that flopped that truck over did just that, caught the edge and the snow pulled him in and he panicked and turned hard to try and get out and he flopped it.

I can just see you watching Ice Pilots now GLG... In your Buffalo Air hoodie and ball cap waving your 'I Heart WW2 Planes' flag.. haha! I love how they have subtitles for Buffalo Joe. I didn't think he talked that bad! haha