Boss Hogg's Demise

runningwild

"Welcome to Hazzard County. That there is Bo and Luke Duke."

The General Lee came roaring down a back country road. Bo sat proudly in the driver's seat and Luke road shot gun.

"And they fight the system."

Bo handled the General Lee with ease as the took a curve pulling it into a slide. "Well Cousin, I'd say the General has never handled better."

Luke grinned, "I knew Cooter wouldn't let us down."

"When has he ever?"

"Good point," Luke shifted in his seat to get more comfortable as they boys were headed for the Boar's Nest. It wasn't that much further up the road and then they'd both be quinching their thrist with a cold beer.

"What time is Daisy's shift over today?" Bo wondered whether they'd miss their cousin on their outing.

"I don't know she left while I was out in the barn."

"Your a lot of help you know," Bo teased him.

"Sorry to disappoint you, Cousin." Luke started to climb through the window as Bo pulled the General to a hault. "But I don't know everything."

Bo did the same as both boys got out of the car. "Could of fooled me."

They both had a laugh, "Next time some girl's daddy is gonna kill you. Don't come to me." He pushed open the door. Only to be greated by silence. The Boar's Nest wasn't bouncing with customers. Standing in the doorway Bo and Luke was greeted by two men with guns.

Daisy was tied up, "Bo, Luke!" she exclaimed.

As she spoke a man in a high dollar suit accompanied by an equally dressed up woman came out of Boss Hogg's office. "Ah more guests," the man spoke with great delight. "Please boys won't you sit down."

Bo and Luke looked at each other before deciding to obey. Heading towards the nearest table Luke caught a glimpse of the inside of Boss' office and saw that he and Rosco had also been tied up. Except, they'd been gagged unlike Daisy.

"I'm Harvey Conrad," leaving his girlfriend in the doorway he went to pull himself up a chair.

Bo narrowed his eyes but, couldn't be rude. "I'm Bo and this is my cousin Luke."

"Duke," he already knew who they were. "Cassidy please get these gentlemen something to drink."

Nodding she obeyed and quickly found herself behind the bar. "Beer?" she asked Bo and Luke.

Harvey had answered for them, "We're in a bar!" He had exploded for a second and quickly recomposed himself.

"Of course.." she had shuddered at his booming voice. Filing two glasses full of beer she carefully brought them over to the duo. Just as she sat the second glass down for a brief second she made eye contact with both boys who were staring at her. Almost in horror. They knew her just when she was a little girl, of course they called her Cassie back then but, it was surprising to see her with these kind of people. Eye contact was broken when Harvey grabbed her arm and pulled her in his lap.

"Now drink up," Harvey told them and continued with his business. "It's really too bad that innocent people like you all." With his hand he motioned towards Daisy too. "Have to be caught up in this little mishap I'm having with Mr. Hogg."

(Cue anyone. Feel free to take control of any character.)

"Trust me Mister, we're sorry too." Bo snarked back. "You better watch yer mouth Duke boy!" Harvey said slamming his hands down on the table. Bo's blue eyes were filled with a firey passion as he stared at Harvey, who was staring back at him with an equally intense look. "Bo, let's not rile em hey!?" Luke whispered to his cousin. Bo held his stare for another second before he relaxed. he took a long sip from his mug and placed it loudly on the table. He never took his eyes off Harvey. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to chat with the butterball of a commissioner in the other room." Harvey said as he pushed the young lady off his lap, "Cover them!" he shouted pushing a gun into her hands. He stood watching Bo carefully. He left for Boss's office. "Now what?" Bo asked as he slumped in his chair. "Yer gonna get the hell outta here, that's what!" Cassidy whispered. She put the gun down on the table and moved to Daisy's chair. She began to unite Daisy. "Why are you helpin' us?" Luke asked. "Luke, don't ask questions let's just get Daisy and get outta here!" Bo replied before Cassidy could.

Bo, Luke, and Daisy stood in the doorway looking back in at Cassidy. "Come with us!" Daisy pleaded, she knew Cassie had to be in trouble if she was wrapped up in this mess. "No you just go!" She whispered.

The doorknob on Boss's office door began to turn, the door opened. Quiker than a long-tailed cat in a room full'o rocking chairs Bo had grabbed Cassie by the hand and was pulling her out the door with him. "Get in!" he shouted and pointed at the General Lee. Cassie reached for the door handle, but Bo had picked her up and was sliding her legs in through the window. On the other side of the General Luke and Daisy were climbing in. The door to the Boar's Nest flew open Harvey Conrad ran at them. Bo slid in, started the engine, and shidted in to drive. Luke had to dive into the window, so he wouldn't get left behind.

"You coulda waited a sec!" Luke shouted as he squirmed to find a upright position. "Ya and there woulda been one less cousin in the Duke family tree!" Bo shot back. "OK! That's enough outta you two. "Daisy said attempting to calm her cousins.

Cassie had settled herself in the backseat of the General Lee and watched the three Duke cousins trade sass back and forth. "I'm sorry, ya'll."

Daisy smiled to assure her, "Don't apologize, Honey."

Bo was speeding away from the Boar's Nest trying to steer clear of conversation. He knew if they could just get back to the farm Uncle Jesse could work something out.

Luke turned around look at Cassidy, "So, Darlin', mind tellin' us why you were caught up in that back there?"

In a way she didn't really know how it started or where to begin her story. "We started dating when I was eighteen and I didn't know what he was..then he convinced me to live with him and that's when it started going downhill. He's involved with some kind of mafia. Harvey's been trafficking drugs, moonshine, and only the good lord knows what else he's done." Sighing she shook her head, "You guys shouldn't have taken me with you..he's a killer."

Bo had been listening to the whole conversation and now felt that he was entitled to input. "Well I think we've lost 'em for now and we could've never left you back there with somebody like that."

Daisy agreed and smiled, "That's right."

For a second Cassie thought they were crazy and managed to smile. "Thanks ya'll."

Luke returned her smile, "What are friends for?"

Harvey watched the orange car speed away from the Boar's Nest, "Let them go." He told his men and went back inside, "We'll get them Dukes soon enough; how hard will it be to find an orange car?" Straightening his suite he headed back into Boss' office.

As he entered J.D Hogg and Rosco stared at him, "Sorry about my abrupt leaving it seems that those Dukes broke out and stole my girl." Shaking his head he sat on the desk. "I don't take kindly to theives..Just like I don't take kindly to people who don't pay me.."

Boss Hogg's eyes got wide and Rosco tried to talk through his gag and failed.

"If I was you I'd quit talking," even if you couldn't hear Rosco. "Because it could just possess me to kill both of you quicker. And I'd like for it to be painful and slow."

Getting up he opened the door, "Now sit tight fellas," With that he made his exit.

"Cassie?" Daisy asked, "What are ya doin' with them fellers?" Cassie looked down at her hands, folded in her lap. "I... know it's stupid, but I got trapped. Oh, nevermind it's hard to explain." "I think we know what ya mean. But it's all over now!" Bo said looking at her in the rear view mirror, he smiled. "Bo's right, you're outta there and you ain't never gonna look back right?" Luke turned around to look at Cassie. "Well..." Cassie sighed, "I hope I don't ever have to go back, but, he's a mobster Luke! They always find you!" Cassie started to cry. Daisy put her arm around Cassie's shoulder. "Oh, don't worry honey we won't let that happen!" Daisy said. Luke and Daisy looked at each other, Luke's expression said it all, the mob can find anybody they want. "Let's get you to the farm, you'll be save there!" Bo said. "No Bo, that'll be the first place they look for her!" Luke replied, turning back to the front. "Take that shortcut over there!" "Luke that ain't no shortcut!" "It will be when we take it! Just do it!" Luke told his cousin. "Yes sir!" Bo smiled. Bo turned the General offroad.

Wiping her eyes she braces herself as the car handled the offroading, "You guys are commiting suicide." Shaking her head Cassie didn't know if she could let them do that.

Daisy was still comforting Cassie, "Oh don't say that.." she was still huggin her.

Luke didn't want to say anything and Bo had clearly ignored her, "Where we heading Luke?" He steered through the terrain.

"Still 4," he said wondering why Bo hadn't thought of that.

"Good idea," Bo put his foot all the way down to the floor and flew over the countryside. In a matter of minutes he'd pulled the General to a slide behind a bush and everyone climbed out.

Coming out behind Bo he helped Cassie out as she looked around, "How long will we be safe here?" She asked him while Luke was grabbing the CB and radioing Jesse. Bo assured her, "For a while."

"Lost Sheep to Shepard..Lost Sheep to Shepard," waiting for a few seconds a familiar voice was heard over the radio. "This is Shepard." "Shepard we've got a package and need you to pick it up at Still 4." Jesse didn't question was Luke meant, "Alright..I'll be there."

Hanging up the CB he smiled, "Let's go up there and wait on Uncle Jesse," his hand instinctively went to her back as he showed her into the woods. Bo gave Luke a look of jealously and competition.

"Was now really the time to be quartin' the same girl?"

"Beakrer One Breaker one! I might be crazy but I ain't dumb! CCRRRAAAZZZYYY cooter comin' atcha! Any a ya'll Dukes out there on the Hazzard net?" Cooter hollered into his CB. "Ya we hear ya Crazy C!" Bo called into the radio. "I heard ya'll got yerselfs i some trouble, can I help ya?" "Well we don't need no tow today yet, but ya might have to get us outta a ditch later Cooter. If ya get what I mean?" Daisy had taken the CB from Bo. "That's a big Ten -four Pretty Maiden! I'm gone, an' I got my ears on an' my eyes peeled!" Cooter's voice said back to the Dukes.

"Now folks I'd say the way things are going today, the Dukes is defenitly gonna need ol' Cooter's help!" Says the Balladeer.

• 3 weeks later...

Cassie shook her head, "All this CB talk coiuld give a girl like me a headache.."

Daisy smiled, "In a place like Hazzard it's essential to know how to relay information over the CB without actually saying it."

"Plus with ol' Rosco and Enos listening in if we said the wrong thing..they'd be on out trail like a hound tailing a fox," Luke removed his arm from around Cassie.

Bo shook his head, "And with those two in our way we might as well special deliver ourselves to the bad guys."

They heard a vehicle pull in and assumed it was Uncle Jesse. Within a matter of minutes the older man came through the woods holding onto his shotgun. "Now what's this here package?"

Turning around Cassie smiled, "That would be me, Uncle Jesse."

His jaw dropped as he hurried over to give the girl a hug, "I haven't seen you in years, Darlin'.." Stepping back he took a good look at her, "You've grown into a nice young lady."

Smiling she thanked him, but Bo interupted, "She's running from a mobster Uncle Jesse and we're not exactly sure what to do.." The four young'ns waited for Jesse Dukes wisdom,