Dukes/Monkee/Twilight Zone Crossover

Narrator: You are traveling to a new dimension. A dimension of sight and sound and the mind and imagination. At the signpost up ahead…your next stop…the Twilight Zone.

<Twilight Zone Eerie Music>

Narrator: A band from the 60's suddenly find themselves transported through time and space...to a strange world...a world of fast cars, beautiful women, and more than a couple of rednecks....

Cut To: A long red Pontiac GTO speeding down a country road...

Four young men are driving down the highway in the Pontiac GTO. It's not just any car. There's three rows of seats, the two in the front, one on either side of the middle, and a bench seat in the back. The engine sticks up out of the hood and a square box on the back holds a parachute (which when deployed, displays the Kelloggs logo).

And that's just the car.

Driving the car, is a tall, skinny man with striped gray pants, a nice button down shirt and tie, large sunglasses, and a green wool hat.

"Micky!" he calls out, with a strong Southern drawl. "Are you SURE we didn't miss the turnoff?"

Next to him, is a much shorter man. He wears black bellbottoms and a red 8-button shirt (like John Wayne's).

"Micky?" he asks, speaking with a British accent. "You are looking at the map right Micky?"

Behind the driver, another young man is looking out behind the car. He's wearing a white sweater and pants and some beads.

"Micky," he says. "I'm seeing some flashing colored lights Micky."

Next to him, behind the other passenger, is a terribly skinny man with an afro of curly hair. His blue shirt is on backwards and doesn't match his striped pants. He looks up from the map.

"Have we passed the Choctaw bridge yet?" he asks.

"Yes," said the driver. "About an hour ago."

"Oh. That's where we should have...turned left."

"MICKY!"

The two in the front of the car scold Micky while the other in the back seat is still looking behind them.

"Mike?" he says. "I'm still seeing flashing colored lights."

"You were on the set of the Star Collector video too long Pete," says Micky.

"No really," says Peter, pointing behind them. "Look."

Sure enough, they are being followed by none other than Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane.

• 2 months later...

Rosco: Wooo weee, that there's some car. Gotta belong to tourists. gkuh gkuh I love it! I love it! (into CB) Enos, you dipstick. You got your ears on?

Enos: (over CB) Right here Sherriff.

Rosco: I got some speeding tourists on Highway 24 here trying to get out of a ticket. I want you to cut 'em off at the junction.

Enos: Sure thing Sherriff. Which one?

Rosco: ENOS! How many junctions are there on Highway 24?

Enos: Oh that one. Be right there!

Back in the other car.

Davy: Mike? There's another police car up there.

Mike: Oh come on. I thought this was our show.

Peter: I dunno what show this is. That cop is back there with a...basset hound?

Micky: (sings) I'm gonna buy me a dog...

Rosco gets out of the car and pulls out a ticket book. Enos comes over too.

Rosco: All right there, lemme see your liscense there. Now...speeding...avoiding arrest...

Enos: Hey, you fellas from California?

Davy: Well yeah, we live there anyway. We were up in Connecticut visiting Peter's mom.

Mike: But we made some sort of wrong turn. We're supposed to be headed for Texas.

Enos: Well shoot you ain't too far off. This is Hazzard County Georgia.

Rosco: (Handing 'em a ticket) Enos, will you stop being friendly with the tourists and get back to the station house?

Enos: Yes sir. Nice talkin' to you folks. You can just follow me if you wanna pay off that ticket.

Mike: Well, you see sir. We ain't got no money.

Rosco: Well, that ain't my problem.

Micky: But if there's a club or something around here we could play at...

Mike: Micky, they ain't gonna have any clubs for us to play at around here...

Enos: Play at? You guys in a band?

Davy: Are we in a...we're the Monkees!

Enos: Well possum on a gumbush!

Davy: Possum on a...what?

Enos: You know, sometimes we let folks like you play over at the Boar's Nest you know. You can pay off yer ticket thata way.

Rosco: Enos. We only do that for famous folks and I ain't ever heard of the Chimps.

Micky: The MONKEES

Enos: Well I have. I heard them play at this little ol' club out in California called the Vincent Van Gogh Gogh. They played this nice little country sounding tune called "Sunny Girlfriend."

Rosco: Well, if you want to talk Boss into it, you go ahead.

Enos: All right then. Ya'll just follow me.

Rosco: Wooo weee, that there's some car. Gotta belong to tourists. gkuh gkuh I love it! I love it! (into CB) Enos, you dipstick. You got your ears on?

Enos: (over CB) Right here Sherriff.

Rosco: I got some speeding tourists on Highway 24 here trying to get out of a ticket. I want you to cut 'em off at the junction.

Enos: Sure thing Sherriff. Which one?

Rosco: ENOS! How many junctions are there on Highway 24?

Enos: Oh that one. Be right there!

Back in the other car.

Davy: Mike? There's another police car up there.

Mike: Oh come on. I thought this was our show.

Peter: I dunno what show this is. That cop is back there with a...basset hound?

Micky: (sings) I'm gonna buy me a dog...

Rosco gets out of the car and pulls out a ticket book. Enos comes over too.

Rosco: All right there, lemme see your liscense there. Now...speeding...avoiding arrest...

Enos: Hey, you fellas from California?

Davy: Well yeah, we live there anyway. We were up in Connecticut visiting Peter's mom.

Mike: But we made some sort of wrong turn. We're supposed to be headed for Texas.

Enos: Well shoot you ain't too far off. This is Hazzard County Georgia.

Rosco: (Handing 'em a ticket) Enos, will you stop being friendly with the tourists and get back to the station house?

Enos: Yes sir. Nice talkin' to you folks. You can just follow me if you wanna pay off that ticket.

Mike: Well, you see sir. We ain't got no money.

Rosco: Well, that ain't my problem.

Micky: But if there's a club or something around here we could play at...

Mike: Micky, they ain't gonna have any clubs for us to play at around here...

Enos: Play at? You guys in a band?

Davy: Are we in a...we're the Monkees!

Enos: Well possum on a gumbush!

Davy: Possum on a...what?

Enos: You know, sometimes we let folks like you play over at the Boar's Nest you know. You can pay off yer ticket thata way.

Rosco: Enos. We only do that for famous folks and I ain't ever heard of the Chimps.

Micky: The MONKEES

Enos: Well I have. I heard them play at this little ol' club out in California called the Vincent Van Gogh Gogh. They played this nice little country sounding tune called "Sunny Girlfriend."

Rosco: Well, if you want to talk Boss into it, you go ahead.

Enos: All right then. Ya'll just follow me.