The Sudden SnowStorm

**AUTHOR NOTE: 12-14-03

Merry Christmas Y'all! :D:D

Have y'all ever wondered if snow ever felled in Hazzard County? I think that it might have. LOL! I'm thinking that Hazzard County was near the Tennessee State Line or Close to the Alabama State Line. If it was close to there, then it did snow on occasion in Hazzard. Of course I could be wrong... LOL :lol:

This cute little story that I have recently written off-line might tell that tale about a rare sudden blizzard in Hazzard. I hope that y'all will like it.

Time Line of Story--> January, 1981 Mid-3rd Season

RATING--> G unless otherwise noted

If y'all would like to add any comments, please feel free to E-mail me at

ChickasawRedhead@aol.com.

Take Care Y'all & Happy Holiday's!

Vicki

**STORY STARTS NEXT POST**

*AUTHOR NOTE: In this story, Vicki is still a Hazzard County Deputy. Story was originally written August to November 1999* :wink:

**BALLADEER: "Y'all get ready for a Winter Wonderland in Hazzard!" :wink:

Friday, January 23, 1981

Although the weather had been unusually cold all week, it had somewhat been quiet and normal in Hazzard County for the past week. Unusually quiet for Hazzard would be that Boss Hogg hasn't made any money, and Bo & Luke hasn't been chased once all week.

It was a cold Friday afternoon in the last part of January, and Vicki was sitting in her patrol car up on Clear Creek Drive with the heater running.

The temperature outside was about 20 degrees below normal for this time of year. The radio even said that there was a slight chance of snow in the area tonight & tomorrow.

"Of all days for Rosco to make me do speed trap duty, and it would have to be the coldest day of the year," grumpled Vicki to herself as she turned up the heater in her patrol car. "I've been waiting up here for over an hour, and no one has drove by this speed trap. I bet that it's too cold for anyone to be out in this weather."

BALLADEER: "Little did Vicki know that is right, but it is just going to get worse, don't y'all think so??" :wink:

The sky had once looked clear and peaceful, but in the horizon, Vicki noticed some grayish white clouds heading south towards her. She could feel the winds pushing against her patrol car as the clouds came rolling in.

She had drove for about half an hour, when she realized that the texture of the air outside had thickened slightly. She looked warily around her, but saw no danger. It was just that she couldn't see too well in front of her. That was when she decided to stop at one of Rosco's favorite speed traps for a while. Vicki thought if maybe she stopped for a while, maybe the cold wind would subside, and the visibility would be better.

*What visibility?* thought Vicki as she sighed loudly. *It's getting worse instead of better. I think that there is a bad storm heading this way. I better call in to Rosco.*

Vicki picked up the CB mike in the patrol car and turned the channel to 22.

"Rosco, do you have your ears on? Come back," said Vicki urgently back into the CB mike.

"This is Sheriff Rosco P. Coletrane coming back at ya, Little Red," Rosco said into the CB mike at the Hazzard County Courthouse.

"Rosco, is there any way in the world that I can come back to town? The wind has picked up considerably, and it is getting colder. I think that a bad storm is heading towards us from the north," Vicki said into the CB mike.

"Vicki, with Cletus having the day off today, you're the only deputy working right now. I really want you to stay out for at least 30 more minutes," Rosco said.

"Oh...okay," grumpled Vicki back into the CB mike.

"Vicki, it's not that bad. Where are you at right now?" Rosco asked back into the CB mike then added, "Which speed trap are you at?"

"Speed Trap #3 on Clear Creek Drive." Vicki said.

"Oh...oh...one of my favorite speed traps. Have you caught anybody yet?" Rosco asked excitedly as he laughed.

"Not yet, Rosco. I think that it is too cold outside for anyone to be out," Vicki said back into the CB mike.

"That's all right, Little Red. Maybe someone will come by soon," said Rosco.

"I hope so, Rosco," said Vicki back into the CB mike as she shivered, looking at the clouds.

Vicki shivered, pulling her heavy coat more snuggly around her. She glanced at her watch. Fifteen minutes had passed, and there was still nobody around this part of the county. The icy cold rain had begun to fall, and the wind was getting chillier by the minute.

"Rosco, are you there?" asked Vicki, shivering as she talked back into the CB mike.

"Go ahead, Little Red," said Rosco back into the CB mike.

"If someone comes by here within the next fifteen minutes, do you want me to arrest them or just hand out tickets?" Vicki asked as she continue to shiver into the CB mike.

"Jit...jit, honey. Yeah, just give out tickets unless it is one of the Duke boys," said Rosco excitedly back into the CB mike.

"Rosco, why do you want me to arrest Bo or Luke?" Vicki asked into the CB mike as she continued to watch the icy rain fall outside. "I was out with Bo last night, and he seemed just fine to me."

Rosco grumbled. "Because they made me wreck my patrol car out at Dry Creek Bridge when I tried to chase them over the Creek."

Vicki giggled lightly. "I remember that day. You came back to town with Cooter soaked to the skin."

Rosco laughed. "Yeah, thanks to those dang Duke boys for wrecking my day."

---> Just then, a powerful engine could be heard in the distance... :wink:

---> Just then, a powerful engine could be heard in the distance.

"Rosco, my bad luck is changing. I think that I hear the General Lee heading my way," said Vicki excitedly back into the CB mike.

"Judist priest on a Pony, Vicki! This is our lucky day. If it is them, I want you to go after them," said Rosco excitedly back into the CB mike.

A couple of seconds later, Bo blared his horn as he passed the speed trap.

"Rosco, Bo just past by my speed trap. Do you want me to arrest him or just give him a ticket for reckless driving?" asked Vicki giggling back into the CB mike.

Rosco laughed back into the CB mike. "See, I told you that waiting at the speed trap would pay off. Just go catch him first then call me back."

"10-4, Sheriff. I'm gone," Vicki said back into the CB mike. Then she turned her siren on.

Driving recklessly in the General, Bo glanced into his rearview mirror as he noticed the speeding patrol car in the background heading his way.

AUTHOR NOTE: *This is a rare post for me. LOL. I normally don't write car chases in. I hope that y'all will like it. Happy Holidays.* 8)

After getting off the CB with Rosco, Vicki switch the CB channel to 7. A channel that Bo & Luke are usually on.

"Hey, Sweet Angel, do you have your ears on? Come back," said Bo into the CB mike as he heard a police siren behind him.

"Good Afternoon, sugar. You know that I'll have my ears on to talk to you," said Vicki back into the CB mike as she speeded the patrol car up a little. In the blinding pouring icy rain, she could see the General Lee turning left in front of her onto Clear Creek Lake Road.

"This is a nice day for a chase, sugar. Do you want to catch me?" Bo asked laughing back into the CB mike.

Vicki giggled back into the CB mike. "I probably will catch you in this blinding cold rain."

Bo glanced back into his rearview mirror. He could see that Vicki was directly behind him. "Maybe you will, sugar. You have caught me several times before."

Vicki giggled back into the CB mike. "Yeah, but not when it is cold enough out here for the rain to change to snow."

As Bo turned onto a dirt road, white steam was coming out from under the hood of the General. "Uh...oh. Sugar, I think that there is something wrong with the General."

"Bo, what do you mean that there is something wrong with the General?" Vicki asked back into the CB mike.

"I really don't know, sugar. There's white smoke coming out from under the hood," Bo said back into the CB mike then added as he slowed the General Lee down, "Do you think that you could pull over behind me when we get to Clear Creek Lake?"

"Okay," Vicki said back into the Cb mike. "You want me to arrest you for reckless driving and speeding also?"

Bo laughed back into the CB mike. "Sure, only because Rosco told you to, didn't he?"

"Only if I caught you, Bo," Vicki said back into the CB mike giggling.

"10-4, sugar. Maybe when you catch me in a few minutes, we'll wait together for Cooter to show up with the tow truck," Bo said back into the CB mike.

"Okay, Bo. Sounds good. See you soon," Vicki said excitedly back into the CB mike.

"10-4 sugar, I'm clear," said Bo, putting up the CB mike as he pulls over to the side of the road, waiting for Vicki to catch up with him.

*Rosco & Boss are going to be so proud of me...* Vicki thought to herself, speeding up enough to catch up with the General.

AUTHOR NOTE: **Happy New Year Y'all. I hope that y'all have a good start to 2004**

Vicki switched the Cb channel back to 22. "Rosco, do ya have your ears on?"

"Did ya catch him yet, come back," said Rosco back into the CB mike at the Courthouse.

"I sure did, Sheriff. I have him stopped at Clear Creek Lake. Only because I think that Bo is having car trouble right now," said Vicki back into the CB mike as she watched Bo looking under the hood of the General.

"What do you mean that he's having trouble with his car?" Rosco asked.

"I just see some white smoke of somesort coming from under the hood of the General," Vicki said back into the CB mike then added, "Do you still want me to arrest him or give him a ticket?"

Rosco giggled excitedly back into the CB mike. "Khee...no, you don't need to arrest him this time. Just tell him to slow down in this rain."

"10-4, Sheriff. Anything else I need to do today?" Vicki asked back into the CB mike.

"Vicki, you can have the rest of the day off to warm up, plus I'm going to have Boss add another $25 dolloars onto your next paycheck since this is the 10th time in the last month that you have caught at least one of the Duke Boys," Rosco said back into the CB mike.

Vicki giggled back into the CB mike. "And most of the time it wasn't even worth it either."

Rosco laughed at Vicki's remark. "I think that you have a lot of me in you, Little Red."

"Maybe, Sheriff. I'll be heading that way soon. As soon as Cooter get's here to work on the General Lee," Vicki said back into the CB mike.

"10-4, Vicki. I'm gone," said Rosco back into the CB mike as he hangs it back up.

A few snow flurries starts to fall as Vicki gets out of the patrol car to go talk to Bo.

*Wow! It's starting to snow! Can you believe it? Snow in Hazzard County!* thought the redhead excitedly.

**BALLADEER: Who would have figured that Rosco & Boss Hogg was actually generous at one time. THAT is unusual.

Let's see what is going to happen next as some strong storm clouds rolls in...** :wink:

Vicki cheerfully walked towards the General as Bo was busy looking under the hood.

"Well this is one way to catch you..." Vicki giggled as she peeked under the hood of the General.

Bo laughed at the redhead. "Yep. This is one way, sugar."

Vicki lightly puts her hand on Bo's shoulder. "Even though your car broke down on you."

Bo playfully gave Vicki a hug. "Maybe I made the General break down on purpose for you to catch me."

"Maybe, sugar," said Vicki sighing loudly, putting her head down on Bo's shoulder. "I'm glad that it worked out that way."

Gazing up, Vicki saw that a few snowflakes started to fall down. "Wow! This is unusual," Vicki said as a few snow flurries starts to fall down.

"What sugar?" Bo asked, looking at Vicki as he continued to work on the General.

"Bo, do you know that it is trying to snow?" She said as she watched the light snow flurries fall down from the gray clouds.

"You've got to be kidding, sugar. It is actually snowing here in Hazzard County?" Bo asked in shock as he shuts the General's hood.

Vicki squeezed Bo's hand. "No, I'm not kidding, Bo. It is actually snowing."

Bo looked up in the sky as a few snowflakes starts to fall down. "Sugar, you're right! It is snowing. It hasn't snowed here in several years that I know of."

"It's unusual around here that's for sure," Vicki said, slipping her arm around Bo's waist.

Bo looked up at the snow as he held Vicki. "Sugar, maybe we better get home. I think that some of the snow is trying to stick to the road."

"Okay," said Vicki, a bit disappointed then added, "I know that you're right, Bo. We do need to head home, but it would have been fun to get stuck in the snow with you."

"I feel the same way, sugar," Bo said, taking Vicki's hand then added, "Come on, I'll walk you back to your car, then we can follow each other home."

"All right," sighed Vicki loudly. "I guess I'll feel better when I get home and out of the snow."

Bo gave Vicki a friendly kiss on the cheek as he helped her back in the patrol car. "Me too, sugar. Me too."

**LATE THE NEXT MORNING...**

BALLADEER: "Y'all, things are going to get a little messier around here!"

Late Saturday morning, Vicki called Bo and asked him if she could meet him at the Boar's Nest before the snowstorm hit. Bo told her that it was fine that they need to talk for a while.

It was now Saturday afternoon, and Bo & Luke were just about to leave for the Boar's Nest when an announcement came over the radio in the kitchen.

"ATTENTION! Everyone in the Tri-County Area! The National Weather Service in Atlanta has issued a Winter Storm Warning effective this afternoon and evening for the following counties in Northern Georgia: Chickasaw, Hachapee, and Hazzard County. Blizzard-Like Conditions have been reported across the Northern Areas of Chickasaw & Sweetwater Counties. We'll keep you advised."

"That is hard to believe," Luke said, turning off the radio. "We're in for a blizzard."

"Yeah," said Bo, getting the keys to the General off the table then added, "Uncle Jesse and Daisy aren't here either to see the snow. They're in Atlanta visiting some friends and getting some supplies for the farm."

"We better go meet Vicki before the snow hits," said Luke, putting his denim coat on.

"Okay," said Bo as he followed Luke out of the farmhouse.

Meanwhile as the cold rain begins to fall again, back in Hazzard, Rosco and Boss Hogg had pulled up in front of Boss's house. Boss knew immediately that something was amiss. The front door was wide open.

"Rosco! What do you think happened here?" Boss asked as he rushes to the front door.

"I don't know, Boss. Maybe the wind opened the door," Rosco said as he followed Boss.

Boss walked inside his house. His house looked like a tornado went through it. There were papers strung everywhere, and his furniture was turned over.

"Holy Hannah!" Boss exclaimed as he looked at his ransacked house.

"Boss, are you okay?" Rosco asked walking over to him.

"No! I've been robbed. And my house has been ransacked." Boss told him.

"Who do you think did it?" asked Rosco as he followed Boss into the dining room.

"Who do you think did it?" Boss said sarcastically then added, "It has to be the Duke boys. I saw them in town yesterday afternoon."

"Probably, Boss. They're always up to something. Do you want me to cuff-n-stuff them?" Rosco asked.

"Of course! Let's to after them!" Boss said, walking out the front door.

"I'm with you, Boss!" Rosco giggled as they got back into the patrol car.

AUTHOR NOTE: **The two crooks that are in this story are also in 'No Hiding Place'. Just a little info for y'all.** :wink:

As Boss & Rosco left, they didn't know that they were being watched from a gray sedan by the actual crooks. They were watching them laughing their heads off.

"Our plan is going just like you said it will, Dave," said Harry to his partner.

Dave smiled as he looked down the street, watching the patrol car turn the corner.

"Yes it is, Harry. Yes it is. Now let's see if the Dukes can stay out of jail long enough for us to finish cleaning out this hick town."

"As long as the cops chase them instead of us, then we will eventually be able to do anything we want," Harry said excitedly.

"Yeah, Harry. The cops will be too busy chasing the wrong people to even realize what really hit them," said Dave laughing as he drove the gray sedan out of Hazzard City Limits.

Meanwhile about 20 minutes later, back at the Duke farm as the cold rain starts switching to a light snow, Bo & Luke were getting ready to leave when Rosco came speeding up in his patrol car.

Bo groaned, then shook his head in disgust. "Oh, great. What a good time for Rosco to show up! Especially with it snowing outside." muttered Bo.

"Bo, are you okay?" Luke asked, looking at his cousin.

"Not really, Luke. By the way Rosco came driving up here, he thinks that we did something wrong," Bo said, glancing outside the kitchen window at the Hazzard County Patrol car pulling up behind the General.

"We must have done something wrong, cousin," said Luke, glancing at the patrol car. "Boss is with him. No telling what we're going to be blame for this time."

"Bo! Luke!" barked Rosco through a bullhorn then added, "Come out with your hands up! I'm going to have to take y'all in for robbing Boss's House!"

"What are we going to do, Luke?" Bo asked.

"I don't know, cousin. Let's go outside and see what Rosco is blaming us for this time," Luke said, getting his denim jacket on and buttoning it up.

"What a perfect time for this to happen," Bo muttered under his breath as he followed Luke out the back door. "Just when I was going to have some fun with Vicki this afternoon too."

"What's wrong, Rosco?" asked Luke as he watched Rosco and Boss Hogg get out of the patrol car as the snow starts to come down heavier.

"What did we do this time, Rosco?" Bo asked sarcastically.

"Y'all robbed my house!" snapped Boss, giving Bo & Luke a dirty look.

"Yeah. Y'all are under arrest for robbing Boss's house this morning," said Rosco as he was getting his handcuffs out of his back pocket.

"For what, Rosco?" asked Bo surprised, shaking his blonde head. "We haven't been in town all morning except to go to Cooter's to pick up a few parts for the General. The only thing that I done wrong was to shuck-n-jive Vicki out of a ticket yesterday afternoon."

"And I was at home doing chores that Bo should have been doing instead of necking with his girlfriend," Luke said, giving Bo a dirty look.

"That is not what I heard, boys. Hold out your hands. Y'all are under arrest," said Rosco excitedly as he cuffed Bo's right wrist to Luke's left wrist.

Meanwhile at the Boar's Nest, Vicki was pacing back-n-forth waiting for Bo & Luke to show up.

*What's keeping Bo?* Vicki thought as she looked at her wristwatch. *He should have been here almost 30 minutes ago. Something must have happened at the farm for them to be this late.*

BALLADEER: "For once y'all, Vicki is right. Something did happen at the farm. Let's see what is going on in town..." :wink:

About 30 minutes later, Cooter was tightening a bolt on Cletus's patrol car when he noticed that Bo & Luke were sitting in the back of Rosco's patrol car as the car past the Garage slowly.

"I wonder now what those boys gotten themselves into now? I better go call Vicki to tell her to come to town before the snow gets any heavier. I'm going to need her help in getting Bo & Luke out of jail," said Cooter as he walked over to the CB set at his desk.

"Breaker, breaker. Little Red, do you have your ears on? Come back," said Cooter into his CB mike.

At the Boar's Nest, Vicki heard Cooter's distress call through the CB receiver on the bar.

"Katie, can I borrow that CB mike for a minute?" Vicki asked as she walked behind the bar. "Sure," said Katie, smiling at Vicki.

"Thanks," said Vicki as she picked up the CB mike then added, "Go ahead, Crazy C."

"Vicki, what's your 20 right now?" asked Cooter back into the CB mike.

"I'm at the Boar's Nest, Cooter. Why?" asked the redhead back into the CB mike.

"Is there any way that you can come to town right now? There is something here that you should see," said Cooter back into the CB mike.

"What is it, Cooter? Is there something wrong?" asked Vicki worriedly back into the CB mike. "Yeah, everything is wrong, Little Red! Can you come?" Cooter asked back into the CB mike.

"I'm leaving right now, Cooter. I'll be there in about 10 minutes, depending on the roads," said Vicki back into the CB mike as she was getting back on her heavy coat.

"10-4, Little Red. I'm gone," said Cooter back into the CB mike.

"Vicki, is everything all right?" Katie asked as she watched the redhead getting back on her heavy coat.

"I don't think so, Katie. I think that Cooter knows why Bo is late for our date. I need to get going," said Vicki, taking her car keys for her blue mustang out of her purse.

"Okay. Be careful, Little Red," said Katie, waving as she watched her friend drive back towards Hazzard in the blowing snow...

About 5 minutes later, Vicki pulls up in front of Cooter's Garage. Cooter walked outside then opened his garage door up so Vicki can pull her mustang inside.

"Vicki, I'm glad that you're here," Cooter said as he shut the Garage door after Vicki pulled her mustang inside.

"That's good to know, Cooter. What's wrong?" Vicki asked.

Cooter glanced outside the garage door towards the Courthouse.

"Vicki, why don't you take a look at who Rosco arrested. That is the reason why I called you on the CB."

Vicki nooded then took a peek out the garage door. "I don't believe it. What has Rosco and Boss pulled this time? I know that Bo and Luke didn't do anything wrong." Vicki glanced outside in shock at a handcuffed Bo and Luke being escorted into the courthouse by Rosco and Boss.

"What I heard on the CB is that Rosco and Boss think that Bo and Luke robbed Boss Hogg's house," Cooter said as he and Vicki watched Bo and Luke go inside the Courthouse.

"That is not possible, Cooter," said Vicki, shaking her red head. "I was out with Bo yesterday afternoon at Clear Creek Lake. We weren't near here at all. We were more than 20 miles away."

"Yeah, that is what Bo told me earlier this morning when I asked him why he had to fixed the General out at Clear Creek Lake," said Cooter, laughing.

Vicki glanced outside across the street. "What do you want to do about getting them out of jail?"

"Vicki, maybe Rosco will leave in a minute. Then we'll go over there and get them out without Rosco and Boss finding out," said Cooter.

Vicki glanced at her wristwatch. "That might work, Cooter. Besides, it time for Boss's lunch hour." Vicki giggled as she watched outside the door waiting for Boss and Rosco to leave...

• 2 weeks later...

**HAZZARD COUNTY COURTHOUSE-->around the same time**

"Come on, Bo and Luke. Let's go inside the booking office," said Rosco as he pulled on Bo and Luke's arms.

"Rosco, we didn't do anything wrong. We're innocent," said Luke rubbing his wrist after Rosco uncuffed him.

"Yeah, Rosco. If you talk to Vicki she can tell you that I'm innocent. I was with her all day long yesterday. We weren't anywhere near Boss's house," said Bo watching Rosco as he uncuffed his wrist.

"Yeah. The closest we were to Boss's house was this morning when we were at Cooter's Garage fixing the General," Luke said as he and Bo walked slowly towards the stairs that goes down to the jail cells.

Boss Hogg ignored the boys' pleas. "Rosco, after you get them into the jail cell downstairs, why don't we go to lunch."

"Sure thing, Boss," Rosco said with a grin then added to Bo and Luke, "Come on, boys. We're going downstairs for a while."

Bo and Luke walked downstairs into a jail cell with a barred window.

"Come on, Rosco. You know that we wouldn't do such a thing as to rob Boss Hogg's house. I was out with Vicki all afternoon yesterday. We were no where around here." Bo protested to Rosco after Rosco locked them in.

"Bo's right, Rosco." Luke said, shaking his head. "You have to let us out so we can find out who did it."

Rosco gave them a stern look. "Both of you boys just shut up. I know that you're guilty, so don't try to wiggle your way out of it."

"Rosco," said Bo angrily & hushed when Rosco told him to be quiet again.

Rosco grinned. "If y'all would excuse me, I will be back in an hour after I have lunch with Boss. I know if Vicki was working today, y'all would have shuck-n-jived her into letting y'all out, but she isn't working today. So Flash is going to watch you until Boss and I get back from going to lunch." Rosco told them as he was leaving to go back upstairs to the booking room.

"Now what do we do, Luke?" Bo asked as he watched Rosco go upstairs.

After hearing a lock click in the door, Luke looked up. "I don't know, cousin."

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile back at the Garage, Vicki and Cooter were watching outside the garage door waiting for Rosco and Boss to leave the courthouse.

Vicki glanced at the snow coming down. "It looks like that we're in for a snowstorm, Cooter." replied the redhead sighing loudly.

Cooter glanced outside at the heavy snow coming down. "Vicki, it looks more like a blizzard."

"That probably makes things worse. I know for sure that Boss and Rosco won't leave the courthouse at all. There won't be any way that we can get Bo and Luke out of there," said Vicki sarcastically.

Cooter glances at the clock on the wall of his garage. "I wouldn't be so sure, Vicki. It is Boss's lunch time. He always take his lunch hour around this time of day."

"That makes me feel better, Cooter. Maybe they'll leave soon," said Vicki as she continues to watch tne snow come down outside.

"Cooter! Look!" Vicki said excitedly, placing her hand on Cooter's arm. "Rosco and Boss are finally leaving."

"Yep. Rosco and Boss always leave this time of day, no matter how cold it is outside," said Cooter as he was getting on his heavy coat.

"Yeah," said Vicki with a giggle. "Thanks to Boss and his hungry appetite."

Cooter laughed with the redhead as he locked up his garage. "Let's go get Bo and Luke out of jail."

"That's a good idea, Cooter. Bo and Luke have been in there long enough. I hope that we can get them out before Cletus comes back from going out on patrol," Vicki said worriedly as she followed Cooter across the street.

"We'll get them out, Vicki. Besides if Cletus does come back, you could always tell him that Rosco told you to let them out," said Cooter with a laugh as he and Vicki approached the basement window.

Vicki laughed as she followed Cooter. "That might work, Cooter."

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile, after Rosco and Boss left the Courthouse, Bo and Luke were standing inside the jail cell all alone.

Bo went and sat down on a cot, while Luke was standing near the window. They didn't know that Cooter and Vicki were on their way to get them out.

"Luke, how are we going to get out of this one? Uncle Jesse and Daisy aren't here, and Vicki wasn't answering her CB a few minutes ago," said Bo as he got up and walked over to the cell door.

Luke turned towards Bo and smiled. "Cousin, we're going to have to break out of here and go after those crooks. We can't go after them if we're sitting locked up in here."

Bo laughed. "That's for sure, Luke. We have to get out of here, but how do we do it?"

Luke was about to answer Bo when they started hearing some movement just outside their jail cell window.

"I wonder what is going on, Luke?" asked Bo.

Luke looked outside the window and glanced as he saw Cooter and Vicki walking into the Courthouse. "Cousin, I think that we're about to break out of here."

As Bo and Luke were about to peek outside the cell window, Cooter and Vicki stuck their faces inside the window. Bo and Luke jumped slightly.

"Hey, you two! What does Rosco have y'all in here for this time?" Cooter asked, laughing. Vicki smiled but didn't say anything to Bo as she peered her head inside the cell window.

"Someone robbed Boss's House," snorted Luke sarcastically.

"And they're blamming it on us," added Bo.

"Well, this is y'alls lucky day. We just saw Rosco and Boss leave," Cooter said with a grin.

"And we're going to get y'all out of there," said Vicki with a giggle.

"We're coming around now to get y'all out," said Cooter as he and Vicki moved away from the window.

"Okay, y'all be careful. Rosco said earlier that Cletus will be here any minute," Luke said as he watched Cooter and Vicki walk away from the window.

Bo peered outside the jail cell window. He could see Cletus's patrol car in the distance in the blowing snow. "Luke, I can see Cletus's patrol car in the distance. Cooter & Vicki better hurry and break us out of here."

Luke walked over to the front of the jail cell. He could hear some movement upstairs. "I hope so, cousin. We're not out of this yet."