New To the Forum

Hello.

This is actually my first time posting here. My name is Will Rodgers (yes. Believe it or not, that is my name) and I am originally from Chattanooga, Tennessee. I am a 100% DIE HARD fan of the Dukes of Hazzard. I'm currently 33 years old and I make myself an outspoken fan. Hey! If Seinfeld loves Superman, Reagan loved Jelly Beans, and Bush Sr. hated broccoli, then let it be known that my passion is for the Dukes of Hazzard.

Anyway, it's real nice to find a forum where Dukes fans can get together and chat. In the real world, I think Dukes fans are spread out far and wide, because I can never find anyone with whom I can discuss the shows with.

To be brief, I'm in radio and we play country, both old and new. As program director, I can decide what plays and in addition to Waylon Jennings and John Schneider's Greatest Hits CD, I also enjoy playing Ben Jones "I've Been Everywhere" and "Home Grown Tomatoes" from his CD. As Mel Brooks said in History of the World part 1: "It's good ta be da king!" :)

I call myself the Voice Man due to this freak ability to talk like many characters. More than I can count. The Dukes of Hazzard is the only show where I can talk like all characters. Being a guy, Daisy is naturally the hardest voice and the voices I have most fun with are Boss Hogg, Rosco, and Enos.

Well, I'd better not ramble on too much. I hope I'll get to meet some fellow Hazzard fans on this forum.

Cheers.

Will Rodgers

The Voice Man

Thanks for the warm welcome. As I said, being a guy, it's naturally hard to do Daisy's voice, so I have to be selective when I'm asked to talk like Daisy. Ironically, the dialogue where I do Daisy's voice the best when asked is from Daisy's Song. It's at the part where Boss Hogg walks in and discovers Lester Starr's potentioal sound alike is none other than Daisy. It's also an excuse to throw in the Boss Hogg voice for balance.

When it comes to doing Bo and Luke's voices, I like to do them whenever they're criticizing each other's taste in women, like in Lulu's Gone Away.

Now when it comes to female voices, I am proud of my Lulu Hogg impression. I got to do her voice for John Schneider and Tom Wopat back in 1998.

Anyway, I'd better be quiet. I didn't mean to toot my own horn. But I will say for anyone who's an impressionist, the Dukes of Hazzard voices are in my opinion the most fun to do.

Cheers.

Will