The young Dukes

THIS WILL BE WRITTEN AFTER LOVE IS BLIND

Luke is 12 , Bo is 11 , Daisy 10,

Tonight on the Dukes : Little Luke Duke is having a rough day back after Summer Break to Hazzard Middle School because of a Bully that won't leave him alone he is afraid to tell anybody cause he said he'll pay.

Luke: But I don't want to go back to school.

Balladeer: That's right, school. Even the Dukes were kids at one time...some believe they still are. That there's Luke Duke, at the ripe young age of 12.

Uncle Jesse: Now Luke, you're the oldest and you gotta set a good example for those cousins of yours.

Balladeer: And there's Uncle Jesse, the Duke partriarch. Doesn't have quite as much gray hair does he?

Bo: But why do we have to go to school anyway? We're just gonna run shine like you do.

Balladeer: And that's cousin Bo. He's only 11. Isn't he cute?

Jesse: Because even in the family business, you gotta know how to work with numbers, write letters, read log books, and all those other things you learn in school. Now get going and look after Daisy. Daisy! Get on here.

Daisy: I'm comin'.

Balladeer: And of course, cousin Daisy. She may only be 10, but she's still pretty ain't she? Friends and neighbors, it's time you got a look at what life was like in Hazzard, way back when the Dukes were...

THE YOUNG DUKES

After Daisy got downstairs the boys was waiting by the front door with their lunch bags.

Luke : C'mon Daisy we is gonna be late and i don't want to have to face this kid again who won't leave me alone.

Bo : Yeah i don't want to get another lecture either about being late.

Daisy : Boys i ain't in the same grade as y'all but remember now Uncle Jesse said " You have to keep an eye on me but who is gonna be watching Y'all ?

Luke : I'm having butterflies in my stomach lord i hope i don't have a bad day i'm nervous enough.

Uncle Jesse : now Luke don't worry so you'll have fun middle school is alot diffferent though from elementry school listen your in the 6th grade this is a change for you.

Luke : Yes i know that's why i'm so scared can't i stay home please uncle Jesse.

Uncle Jesse : No Luke you have to go to school i want you boys to get a good education who knows you may make a friend don't be a stranger.

So Friends hopefully Little Luke's day won't be so bad but unfortunetly a certain kid is gonna be making it one.

As the young Dukes load onto the school bus, Bo and Luke sit in the back as usual while Daisy sits in the middle with some of her girlfriends.

Bo: Well, maybe this year won't be too bad.

Luke: Easy for you to say. You don't have to go to Jr. High.

Bo: I will next year. It ain't my fault you're older.

Luke: I know. I just don't know about all them stories about bullies and stuff.

Bo and Daisy get off at the first school, but Luke has to stay on. The only other boy on the bus is up front. The bus comes to a stop at Hazzard Jr. High. The other boy and Luke get off and look up at the intimidating building.

Luke: Here goes nothing.

He has his schedule already and looks at it. He manages to find his locker and fiddles with the combination.

Luke: Come on you stupid thing. Open!

Another kid walks up and kicks it.

Luke: Thanks.

Kid: Had that one last year.

Luke: Oh.

Kid: You know...it's about the right size.

Luke: For what?

Without warning, the large kid shoves Luke into the locker. Luke, being small and skinny, actually fits and the kid slams the door.

Kid: What a dork.

Luke: Hey! Let me out of here! Hey!

Someone else comes by and prys the door open and Luke falls out. He looks up and sees the kid from the bus.

Luke: Thanks.

Kid: You gotta watch out for Rufus. He'll do stuff like that.

The kid smiles and helps him up. He's missing several teeth and Luke can't help but notice that he looks like the other one.

Luke: Who are you?

Kid: I'm Enos.

Luke: I ain't ever seen you before.

Enos: I try not to stand out too much. If Rufus can't find ya, he don't beat you up.

Luke: How do you know so much about that bully?

Enos: <frowns> Cuz he's my brother.

Luke goes to his first class with Enos, but doesn't have any others with him, at least not that he could tell. Enos had a way of making himself invisible. Luke wasn't as lucky.

Rufus: What are you doing kid?

Luke: Eating my lunch.

Rufus: <grabs lunch> Give me that!

Luke: That's mine!

Rufus pushes him down and looks in his lunch. He grabs the cookie out of it and dumps the rest on Luke's head before walking off.

Rufus: What a dork.

Luke groans and pulls food out of his hair. Other kids are laughing at him.

Enos: (holding out a sandwich) Here.

Luke: Where'd you come from?

Enos: Never mind that.

Luke: But I can't take your lunch.

Enos: Don't worry about it. I have food stashed all over the place. Rufus takes mine before we even get out the front door.

Luke: (taking the sandwich) How can you live with that guy?

Enos: It's not easy.

Luke takes a bite of the sandwich and makes a face. It's full of catfish and mustard, but Luke is hungry and eats it anyway. Enos of course, has disappeared again.

On the bus ride home, Enos sits up front and Luke in the back. Luke thinks he ought to sit with his new friend, but doesn't want Bo to feel left out. Also, he's afraid the bully will get on the bus as well, but Rufus never does.

When Bo and Daisy get on, Daisy sits with the girls again and Bo sits in the back with Luke.

Bo: Well, my day wasn't too bad. Cooter Davenport is in my class and we got in trouble for throwin' paper airplanes. How about you?

Luke: Oh well...it wasn't too bad. A kid showed me how to get my locker open.

Luke wasn't about to let Bo know how his first day went. Bo may never want to come to Jr. High next year if he knew.

Luke : Bo I'm glad you had a good day but mine was different but i made a friend his name is Enos.

Bo : Enos i've never heard that name before is he in the same grade as you ?

Luke : I don't know he is pretty nice though i found out what it's like to be the new kid it ain't easy.

so fifteen minutes later the School bus dropped the boys and Daisy off at the farm but unfortunetly friends Luke had a frown on his face and he was in need of some TLC but him being 12 wasn't ready to tell about the middle school terror .

Luke : Hey Uncle Jesse

Jesse : How was your day Luke was it fun ?

Luke ; In a way it was but i really don't want to talk about it.

Balladeer: Now Uncle Jesse understands young boys, having been one himself, and he knows little Luke has something on his mind.

Jesse: Well sit down here Luke. Tell me about your day.

Luke: <sitting> Well uh...somebody showed me how to open my locker.

Jesse: Well that was nice of 'em.

Luke: <grumbles> not when he shoved me in it.

Jesse: What was that?

Luke: Nothin', oh and I met this kid named Enos. I ain't ever seen him before.

Jesse: (raises an eyebrow) Enos?

Luke: Yeah...he's got a brother too...named Rufus.

Jesse: (narrows eyes) Those are Jebediah Strate's boys.

Luke: You know their dad?

Jesse: Course I know him. He's uh...in the same business I am...same business your daddy and Bo's daddy was in.

Luke: Oh. Well Enos was real nice. He shared his lunch.

Jesse: What about the other one?

Luke: Oh uh...he was the one who helped me open my locker.

Jesse: I see. Well, you run along now Luke.

Luke: Okay Uncle Jesse.

Uncle Jesse watches Luke run outside to join Bo and Daisy.

Daisy is getting along at school quite well, and she sees that Bo seems to have gotten in trouble again. There was Enos walking by and she sees that he kind of cute, oh good Luke seems to be friend with him and that seems to be the best way for her go and talk to him around the farm later on. Daisy is wonder what is going on, and it seems that Cooter Davenport and Bo are talking about cars. She is asking does anybody know anything about this and she shows them her dairy that was left open on her bed.

Bo : Daisy we don't read your Diary ?

Daisy : Well Bo i found it on my bed with cover open and Y'all have some explaing to do.

Bo : Daisy we is only in elementry school who knows maybe Luke read it he is older then us ?

Meanwhile Luke was making his way out to the playground which is where Bo , Cooter was as he was making his way their he was thinking to hiimself about how hard middle school is gonna be for him.

Luke : man i never thought middle school could be this hard uncel Jesse said it was different but i guess all them stories i heard about bullies are true .

Luke : I wonder what tommorrow is gonna bring i hope rufus leaves me alone or i'm gonna tell Uncle Jesse about him then Uncle Jesse will have to talk to his Daddy.

Luke : I wish my Daddy was here not that i don't love uncle Jesse he is special to me too.

meanwhile over at the playground Bo was saying " C'mon Cooter let's sit on the see saw see who can go up the highest", and just about that time Luke had shown up.

Bo : Hey Cous what's up you lookin' a little down ?

Luke : Oh nothing just um......... you wouldn't understand i can't tell ya

Bo : Luke if something is wrong you always tell me we've always shared are secrets.

Luke : Bo you ain't old enough yet to understand who is your friend ?

Bo : Oh i'm sorry Luke this is cooter davenport i was telling you about him on the bus ride home.

Cue : Jamanda

Bo of course, denies everything.

Daisy: I know someone was reading my diary, Uncle Jesse.

Jesse: Well, let me help you with that.

He gives her a little box with a key.

Jesse: Now you just keep it in here and keep this key with ya.

Daisy: Thanks Uncle Jesse.

Cooter: (peeking through window) Aw shucks.

Bo: You know how to pick a lock?

Cooter: Maybe, but not without breaking it. And we'd get caught.

Luke: What are you two doing?

Bo: Just mopin' that we can't get into Daisy's diary no more.

Luke: Oh...so you read it?

Bo: Just a little bit.

Cooter: She almost caught us.

Luke: What was in it?

Bo: Silly girl stuff. She thinks your friend is cute.

Luke: Which one?

Cooter: That Enos fella.

Luke: <makes a face> I have no idea why. He's missing two teeth.

Cooter: Search me. There's a girl in our class who likes me, and I smell.

Bo: She does not like you. She likes me.

Bo and Cooter start to argue and Luke sighs. It's hard being in Jr. High without them.

The next day is a little better. Luke was able to see Rufus coming and hid himself before getting bullied. It was almost a bully-free day until he started going out to the bus.

Enos: Aw come on...put me down.

Rufus: Not until you tell me where you put it you little shrimp!

Enos: Not on your life!

Rufus was hanging Enos upside down by the ankles.

Luke: Put him down!

Rufus: Oh yeah? Why should I?

Luke: Cuz uh...a teacher is coming.

Rufus doesn't believe him, but looks around anyway. Enos cringes as his brother drops him on his head.

Rufus: I'll deal with you later shrimp!

Enos: Owww.

Rufus kicks Enos and pushes Luke down as he walks off. Luke crawls over to Enos.

Luke: You okay?

Enos: (sitting up) You got some real guts boy.

Luke: (helping him up) Not as much as you. What'd you do?

Enos: (grinning) I hid his keys. He took Dad's car to school and he ain't supposed to do that.

Luke: I was wondering how he got to school. He never rides the bus.

Enos: He thinks the bus is for sissies...so he usually gets a ride from some high school kids. But today he took the car.

Luke: So...where did you hide the keys?

Enos grinned and pulled out an old tuna sandwich. Between the slices of bread and moldy tuna, was a set of car keys.

Enos: Rufus is gonna beat me good for this, but it'll be worth it when Dad can't find the car and Rufus has to explain why it's here.

Luke: What if he blames you for it? You have the keys.

Enos: Dad won't believe him. Especially if I give him these first.

They get on the bus.

Luke: You uh, want to sit in the back with me?

Enos: Well...okay.

Enos sits with Luke in the back. At the next stop, Bo and Cooter join them.

Luke: Enos, this is my cousin Bo and his friend Cooter.

Bo: Hey there Enos.

Cooter: Hi.

Enos: Hi.

Enos then looks at the girls coming on the bus. One waves to them and sits in the middle. Enos jumps and grabs Luke's arm.

Enos: Possum on a gumbush! Who's that!?

Luke: That's our cousin Daisy.

Bo: Yeah. She thinks you're cute.

Enos: Nuh uh. Ain't no girls think I'm cute.

Cooter: I think you think she is though.

Enos: Possum on a gumbush.

Daisy simply glances back at them and giggles with her friends. Enos just sinks down in his seat.

Enos: Possum on a gumbush.

Bo: Is that all he can say?

Cooter: Guess so.

Well after the boys got to know one another Bo asked Luke how his day was since middle school is still a mystery to him.

Bo : Hey Luke how was your day cous it sounds like middle school is fun .

Luke : Well Bo um.........., it ain't boring and it was quite an interesting day .

Bo : Hey Luke where did you get that brushburn on your knee ?" ,

Unfortunetly friends O'l Luke is going have to think up a good yarn considering he don't want Bo to be afraid of middle school when he comes.

Luke : Well Bo you'll probably find this funny you see i slipped on a bananna peel on my way to lunch and Enos helped me up and did you know Enos's brother can drive and he goes to middle school.

Bo : Shoot Enos your brother must be pretty older then you and little Luke if he can drive now and thanks for helping Luke up.

Enos : No problem Bo he needs somebody to look out for him since my so called brother is um............. , um............, driving Luke nuts i shared my lunch with Luke yesterday since he lost his.

Bo : Luke is this boy Rufus he ain't hurting you or anything is he ?

When Bo asked that Luke could feel his stomach going in knots , he was feeling sick also.

Bo ; Luke you don't look so hot what is wrong ?"

Luke : I can't tell you Bo i :oops::oops::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: it's a secret.

Oh it's a secret all right but it better stay in the bag.

Anyway later that afternoon the bus dropped the boys and Daisy off at the farm as Uncle Jesse was watching them from the kitchen window he could see Luke looking sad .

Daisy was the first one in and she said " Hey Uncle Jesse i'm having fun in school but i don't think Luke had a good day cause he looks unhappy for some reason i don't know but i had fun ".

Bo and a very quiet Luke came in then and Luke was looking pretty unhappy so Uncle Jesse walked over to him he said " Well Luke you wanna tell me what' bugging ya ?", Luke then said " Oh nothing Uncle Jessie i don't wanna talk about it i feel so worn out though Middle School is really hard and i'm just starting.

The next day, Luke notices that Enos isn't on the bus, but someone else is.

Rufus: Hey punks, this is my seat. Out!

Luke: Come on Bo. We'll sit up front.

Bo: But Luke, we always sit back here.

Luke, not wanting Bo to get hurt, practically drags him past Rufus to the front of the bus where Enos used to sit. Daisy stares at them and she and the other girls look back at Rufus.

Daisy: <whispers> what an ugly cow!

Daisy and the other girls giggle, as Rufus sits in the back.

Bo: Hey Luke? Why'd you let that guy take our seat?

Luke: Bo, you don't wanna mess with that guy...he's uh...

Bo: He's an ugly cuss ain't he?

Luke: Yeah...I wonder where Enos is.

Bo: Search me. Hey Cooter.

Cooter: What're you sitting up here for?

Bo: That ugly dude back there took our seat.

Cooter: He's an ugly one all right, but he's also big. I don't blame you guys one bit.

At school, Luke isn't as swift as staying out of Rufus's way. He was tripped in the hall, had a pencil thrown at him, his lunch was stolen, and he got shoved in his locker after the last bell.

Luke: Oh great. Come on now! Someone get me out of here.

A random kick on the door and Luke fell out. He looked up to thank the person, but it was Rufus again.

Luke: Oh hi.

Luke: Hey where's Enos? How come he's not here today?

Rufus grabs Luke's shirt and picks him up off of the floor.

Rufus: Because nobody rats me out and gets away with it.

With that, Luke found himself upside down in a trash can.

Luke: Great...if this is how my day is going, I wonder what he did to Enos?

Enos : Well I sure hope Luke is having a better day then me i really don't like Rufus i wish somebody would teach him a lesson.

Luke : meanwhile was trying to get out of the trashcan before the janitor came to pick up the trash he said " i don't want to wind up in the garbage truck so he started rocking the trash can back and forth it finally fell down he unfortunetly had to get the trash out of his hair " Oh i hate middle school i want to stay home tommorrow but i can't tell Uncle Jesse about this yet.

Meanwhile Bo and Cooter was still trying to figure out how to get into Daisy's diary them boys ain't never gonna learn.

Bo : C'mon you stupid lock oepn oh this is so frustrating.

Cooter : I don't get it what does Daisy have to keep in here i mean we both know she has a crush on Luke's buddy Enos but he is missing two teeth so how can she find him good lookin' ?

Bo : my cousin is after all a girl even though i don't want to admit it she has a crush on Enos i still think it is gross.

Bo ; even though me and Luke will be older one day we'll probably have crushes speaking of Luke this mean kid called him a Dork yesterday on the bus.

Luke was very worried and scared and he knew that sooner or later he was gonna have to tell Jesse about this.

Cue Jamanda

Luke had missed the bus, due to being stuck in the trash can, and slowly made his way home. He was rather glad to have missed the bus, as there was a glob of gum in his hair that wouldn't come out. As he passed Doc. Petticord's office on his way home, he heard the Doctor talking to someone.

Doctor: That should fix your boy right up Jeb. What happened to him again?

Jeb: Wouldntsaythinkhefelloutofatreeorsomethingdatdurnboy

gitssoclumsywouldntsupprisemenone.

The man talked in a deep and low voice that ran all his words together like that.

Doctor: Well, hope that helps. So long Mr. Strate. <mutters> Never can understand what that man says.

Luke paused and hid around a corner. A small rough looking man in overalls came out of the Doctor's office with a white bag and got into an old pickup truck. Luke ran and jumped in the back of it.

Luke: I know I had a bad day, but I gotta check up on Enos.

The truck rambled off down the road, and then turned onto a rough path into the woods. It stopped at the top of a hill in front of an old shack. Luke peeked out of the back as the man got out of the truck and went inside. Luke then slid out, crept up to the window, and peeked inside.

He was looking into a front room with nothing but two wooden chairs, a wood stove, and a moth-eaten couch. In the back was a doorway that led to a room where Luke could barely see a mattress on the floor. But he didn't see Enos anywhere.

Luke: I wonder where Enos is?

Rufus: I wonder how you got out of that can.

Luke felt himself lifted up by the collar.

Rufus: Now...should I take care of you? Or let Pa handle it?

Then, that deep and low grumble came from the doorway.

Jeb: Rufusyouputdatboydownanmindyermannersboy.

Luke wasn't sure if he should be terrified or relieved.

Rufus: But Pa...he's tresspassin.

Luke: I just wanted to see Enos...

Jebediah Strate was holding a shotgun and took a good look at Luke.

Jeb: youjustputdatboydownnowhesjustoneademdukeboys

oljessesgotnowyoumindyermannersboy.

Rufus grumbled and dropped Luke to the ground.

Jeb: NowyougoonoutandcatchussupperbeforeIwhupyouoneboy.

Rufus: But it's not my turn!

Jeb: dontyoutalktomeboytilyurbruthergitsbetteryoumindme

anddohisshareaworknowgit!

Jeb tossed Rufus the gun and the boy stomped off into the woods.

Jeb: Youcomeonanfollermeboy.

Luke just nodded and followed the man inside. Jebediah Strate was a very short man with a worn brown face and a long moustache. He grabbed an old broom in the corner of the room and banged on the ceiling.

Luke then noticed a trap door in the ceiling, held shut by a small hook. Something came out of the crack in the door and unlatched the hook so the door swung down. Jebediah reached up his long arms and Enos jumped down into them.

Enos: Wook? Wadda wooo dooon hrrr?

Jeb: Spitdatoutbeforyatalkboyaintyougotmannersnow

youbehaveyerself.

Jeb held out his hand and Enos spat out a wad of bloody cotton.

Enos: Hey Luke.

Luke: Hey Enos...uh...what happened to you?

Enos: <shrugs> Just lost another tooth is all.

Luke notices a fresh gap in Enos's grin. Enos nods his head towards the door and Luke follows him outside.

Luke: So uh...how'd you lose a tooth?

Enos: <picking the gum out of Luke's hair> How do ya think?

Luke: Rufus?

Enos: <whispers> I don't like ta say it in front of Pa, but Rufus sure got me good fer takin' the keys the other day.

Luke: Doesn't your Pa know Rufus beats you up?

Enos hung his head.

Enos: I can't tell Pa.

Luke: Why not?

Enos: Pa's got enough trouble ta reckon with. I don't wanna cause more. He needs us both ya know.

Luke: Well yeah...but that don't make it right for Rufus to beat you up.

Enos: Don't worry 'bout me none Luke. I'm used to it.

Luke: What about your mom?

Enos looked off into the distance.

Enos: Ma's gone...she's in heaven now.

Luke: Oh...I'm sorry.

Enos: S'okay...we got Pa.

Luke: Yeah...I lost both of mine.

Enos: You did?

Luke: Yeah...my mother died when I was born and my dad got killed in a car wreck...along with both Bo's parents.

Enos: Golly...who d'ya live with then?

Luke: My Uncle Jesse. Cousin Daisy lives with us too. Her parents died in a train wreck two years ago.

Enos: Her's too? You Dukes just got a whole string of it didn't cha?

Luke: We sure did. But at least we got Uncle Jesse.

Enos: Is he nice?

Luke: Yeah. You should come over and meet him sometime.

Enos: I dunno. I gotta stick around home most of the time. Chores ya know.

Enos finally gets the gum out of Luke's hair. Just then, they hear a gunshot.

Enos: That'd be Rufus gittin dinner.

Jeb: comeonnowboyyouwashupanIlltakeyerfriendhomeyou

mindmenowboyandontforgettotakeyourmedicineigotferya.

Enos: Okay. Pa'll take ya home Luke.

Luke: <whispers> You understand what he says?

Enos: Sure I do. He always talks like dat. Bye now.

Luke gets in the pickup truck and the small man drives him to the farm. As Luke gets out of the truck, he can hear Uncle Jesse yelling at Bo.

Jesse: And if I catch you getting into Daisy's things again it'll be your hide!

Daisy: Yeah!

Jesse: Now the two of you wash up. Where is Luke?

Luke: I'm right here. Mr. Strate gave me a ride.

Jesse: Well hey there Jeb.

Jeb: yerboywasjustoveratmyplacetovisitwithoneofminesoI

broughthimhomebutIbestbegoingnowniceseeinyoujesseduke

Jesse: Sure thing Jeb.

Jeb drives off in the truck.

Jesse: Luke? Did you understand any of that?

Luke: Uh...no.

Jesse: Neither did I. Get in and wash up. Supper's almost ready.

Enos was back at school the next day, but Luke only knew this from seeing the other boy on the bus, as he promptly kept himself invisible the rest of the time. Luke also attempted this tactic of disappearing whenever Rufus was around and for the most part, it worked. He managed to make it through one day without getting beat up.

As for Bo and Cooter, they weren't so lucky.

Daisy: BO DUKE! IF I EVER CATCH YOU I'M GONNA KNOCK YOUR TEETH OUT!

Bo: <hiding in a tree> Sheesh. It's just a diary.

Cooter: Well...we did break the lock.

Bo: I know...we didn't even find out all that much.

Cooter: Yeah, just that she's got a huge crush on that Enos fella with the missing teeth.

Bo: I sure would like to know what she sees in him.

Cooter: You know...maybe if you got down and let her knock some of your teeth out, a pretty girl'd get a crush on you.

Bo: I dunno...you think it'd be worth it?

Daisy stormed back into the house and went to her room, where the broken lock lay on the bed next to the open diary. She sighs and writes in it.

Dear Diary,

Oh shoot. They know now and I'll bet they'll tell him. And he's probably gonna think I'm an ugly little kid. But he's so cute with missing teeth. I bet he's a good kisser too, but then I wouldn't know. Nobody'd ever kiss me. The other girls don't know why I like him, they think he's dumb and smelly. He ain't smelly. Now Cooter...HE'S smelly. And Enos ain't dumb either...I don't think. He's friends with Luke and Luke is smart. But it ain't no use anyhow. Bo's gonna tell him I like him and Enos'll just laugh at me now. Phooey.

Daisy sees Cooter and Bo in her room, and she is just looking when they are reading her diary she figure she has that camera she got for her birthday this year. She is standing in the hallway and snaps a picture of Bo reading her diary she walks away and figure this will prove he is reading my diary now. Daisy tells Uncle Jesse that she got a picture of Bo reading her diary and Cooter is in her room as well. Daisy also says them sneaks also pick opened my diary as well, I don't know what I am going to do now abou this goind now. :lol:

Balladeer: Yes sir, even at a young age, them Dukes knew the power of good old fashioned HARD evidence.

Jesse: A picture's worth a thousand words Bo. Now what do you and Cooter have to say for yourselves.

Bo and Cooter: We're sorry we read your diary.

Jesse: And are ya ever gonna do it again?

Bo: Nope.

Cooter: No sir.

Jesse: Good. Now you run on home Cooter. Bo's got an appointment with me in the woodshed.

Bo cringes as Cooter runs off.

Daisy: Maybe now he'll learn his lesson.

Luke: Hope so. Can I borrow that camera?

Daisy: What? I guess so. But don't break it.

Luke: No...I won't. You just gave me a really good idea.

Ballladeer: Yes sir. Daisy snapping that picture sure gave Luke a good idea about how to take care of that bully. I just hope it works.

Meanwhile in the Dukes woodshed Bo was about to get a whipping.

Bo : Uncle Jesse Please I'm sorry please don't give me a whipping ?

Uncle Jesse : BO YOU BLEW YOUR LAST CHANCE I TOLD YA YOU WOULD GET A WHIPPING.

Bo : I'm sorry about sneaking into Daisy's Diary but Cooter did too why ain't you mad at him ?

Uncle Jesse : Because Bo Cooter ain't my nephew you and Luke is if i was to hurt Cooter anyway i would get sent to jail for child abuse but he told me he was sorry now bend over !!!

So Uncle Jesse Unfortunetly began to give Bo a whipping an little Bo was crying away he is gonna have quite the sore Bottom tommorrow .

Bo : :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: .

Meanwhile Luke was planning on how to get a picture of the Bully he is hoping it will work.

Luke : Oh Lord I hope this works i hate to be in Enos's shoes and have Rufus beat me up like him i sure would look funny with two missing teeth.

Luke : I'll sneak behind him and i'll try and take it when he ain't lookin' hopefully he won't spot me and hurt me on accont of then i'll have bigger problems.

The next day, Bo squirms on the bus due to a sore bottom and Daisy doesn't feel sorry for him one bit. Cooter can sympathize though, as he got his whipping when he got home. Luke on the other hand, is too busy hiding the camera and making out a plan.

Being small was helping for once. Luke managed to duck into corners and behind lockers whenever Rufus was going by. Then, he snapped pictures of the bully taking a 6th grader's lunch money, pushing a 7th grader down in the hall, tripping a teacher and running away, and finally, pulling the fire alarm.

While he stood outside with the other kids, Luke spotted Rufus dragging Enos off into the woods. Concerned about his friend, Luke snuck away and followed them. Rufus was holding Enos a foot off the ground by the straps of his overalls.

Rufus: And not a word pipsqueek. You hear me?

Enos: I won't say nothin'.

Rufus: Not to the teachers, or the principal...

Enos: Not to nobody...

Rufus: And especially not to Pa.

Enos: I won't.

Rufus: Good...cuz you know what'll happen to ya if you do...

Enos: I know.

Rufus: Then keep your big mouth shut.

Enos nodded and Rufus threw him to the ground. Luke managed to snap a picture of Rufus kicking his brother and then ducked down as Rufus went back towards the crowds outside the school.

Luke: Enos! Are you okay?

Enos: Luke? What are you doing here?

Luke: I saw your brother draggin' you off and...

Enos: <getting up> Now you listen Luke Duke! Don't you tell nobody what you heard or saw okay?

Luke: I won't.

Enos: <sighs> Rufus is on his last thread. If he gets into any more trouble...

Luke let Enos walk back to the building by himself, not wanting Rufus to see them together.

Luke: I'm turning these in, but I don't want Rufus to think Enos did it.

After school, Luke got off the bus at the drug store and used his pocket money to develop the pictures and buy and plain brown envelope. The next week, he left for school early, got the pictures from the drugstore, put them in the envelope, and slid it under the door of the principal's office.

Luke: That'll get him...and no one can prove I did it.

The Principal picks up the brown bag, and finds pictures of Rufus Strate bullying kids over the school. He wants to wait until eight period to make it look like he getting away with everything he is doing. Enos is asking Luke what did you do around the office and do think it will work Luke. Luke looks at Enos and tells him to just wait and see what happens later. The Prinicpal annoces Enos brothers name over the Pa during eightth period and Enos and Luke hears this as well. And Enos is asking it worked Luke , whatever you did it worked.

Luke smiles to himself on the ride home, but Enos still seems slightly nervous.

Luke: What is it?

Enos: I don't know...I just hope nothing bad happens...

Luke: How could anything bad happen?

Enos: I just got a bad feeling about this...you turning him in...

Luke: Look Enos, there's no way he can pin this on you.

Enos: That's not what I'm worried about...

Luke cannot for the life of him think of what Enos is talking about. The next day, Rufus is not at school and Luke is feeling pretty good about himself. But the day after that, neither Rufus nor Enos show up. Luke thinks little of this until he goes home. Luke is gathering some eggs from the barn when a pile of hay hisses at him.

Luke: What?

Enos: Psst! Under here.

Luke: Enos? Where've you been? Why weren't you at school?

Enos: Keep it down will ya? I don't want them to find me.

Luke: Who?

Luke crouches down and lets Enos whisper.

Enos: Ain't you ever wondered why I didn't turn Rufus in before?

Luke: Well...yeah?

Enos: Them people...there's people here now and they're trying again.

Luke: What people?

Enos: <quietly> The one's trying to take us away from Pa.

Balladeer: Well, I knew there had to be a twist in here somewhere.

CUE KITTY

Luke : What are you talking about Enos ?

Enos : These people who work for the state are trying to take Rufus and me away from Pa again.

Luke : Oh i don't see why that concerns me their is no way that Rufus knows that I'm the one who took the pictures .

Enos : I Know that buddy but i...... i'm still worried though i mean i would hate to leave Hazzard .

Luke Meanwhile was being called by Uncle Jesse and he said " Luke is you done with your chores yet boy .

Luke : Yes Sir I'm done i'm coming Uncle Jesse Enos I'm gonna see if Uncle Jesse has any ideas.

So Luke made his way into the farmhouse and Uncle Jesse could tell that Luke had something on his mind cause he had that look on his face.

Uncle Jesse : Luke what is you thinkin' about ?

Luke : Well Enos has a problem Uncle Jesse you see um these people who work for the state are trying to take him and his brother away from his Daddy and i wanna help him and his brother is mean Uncle Jesse.

Uncle Jesse : Has Rufus ever hurt you Luke cause i hope you would tell me if he did and I don't think their is much you can do boy cause i don't a clue.

Luke ; Uncle Jesse Enos is my friend and i ...... , i...... , :(:(:cry::cry::cry::cry: wanna help h.....im please Uncle Jesse :cry: .

Then Later that night as Uncle Jesse was trying to tell Luke as he was putting him to bed he said '" Luke their is still somethings you is too little to understand sweet dreams boy.

Luke : Goodnight Uncle Jesse I love you

Uncle Jesse : I Love you too Luke i'll see ya in the morning.

Cue Jamanda

The next morning is Saturday and Uncle Jesse sets Luke down for a good talk.

Jesse: Now Luke, do you know where Enos is?

Luke: Why?

Jesse: Because I was in town yesterday and the Sheriff was looking for him...Rufus too.

Luke: <looks down> I uh...I dunno where he is...I just uh...saw him after school yesterday...

Luke hates lying to Uncle Jesse, but he's afraid to tell anyone where Enos is hiding, especially since it's his fault people are trying to take him away.

Jesse: Now Luke, I want you to be honest with me...Did Rufus ever hit you?

Luke thinks before answering. The evidence he's turned in has already proved that Rufus is a bully. And confessing that he was a victim wouldn't prove that he was the one to turn him in.

Luke: Yes sir. He'd steal my lunch.

Jesse: Now from what I heard from the sheriff, there's a nice couple from Alabama, relations of Jeb's late wife Emma, who want to take the boys in.

Luke: But why can't they stay with their Pa?

Jesse: Now you know I hate to break families up and I don't want to see Jeb lose them boys either. But these people would be able to get help for Rufus so he won't act that way no more and they'd be able to keep him from hurting Enos too.

Luke looked down. He figures that he shouldn't have taken the picture of Rufus hurting Enos. That's what was causing the trouble.

Uncle Jesse let Luke go and tend to his chores. Meanwhile, Enos is sleeping in the loft of the barn, right next to where something else is hidden. Daisy climbs up to where she stashed her diary to hide it from Bo and gasps when she finds a boy up there.

Daisy: Aack!

Enos: Shhh! Oh please don't tell on me!

Daisy turns bright red and shys away.

Enos: Well I ain't gonna hurt cha. Just don't tell nobody I'm here.

Daisy: W-why are you here?

Enos: It's a long story. Some folks are trying to take me away and I ain't about to let 'em.

Daisy: They can't do that can they?

Enos: I hope not...You got any food?

Daisy: I uh...I kin get cha some.

Enos: I'd sure 'preciate it. This yours?

He holds up her diary and she turns a darker shade of red.

Enos: I didn't read it or nothin'. I was just usin' it as a pillow.

He hands it to her and she climbs down. She writes in it before sneaking up some of the breakfast leftovers.

Dear Diary,

You'll never believe this...

CUE JULIEDUKE

Dear Diary

Enos and Rufus is in trouble of sorts, the sheriff and the state people is looking for them right now. Talk to you later,

Daisy: You Know Enos this will look bad on Uncle Jesse, they alreadry know about Bo, Luke and Me but they don't know about you.

Enos: Ya I know but they aren't going to find me Daisy.

Daisy : You sure are stubborn Enos.

Enos : You think so, well they haven't seen nothing yet Daisy.

Over the next few days, Luke and Daisy volunteer to do any and all chores that involve going to the barn, so they can check on Enos. Then, on Saturday, Luke goes with Uncle Jesse to town. There, he meets a prim and proper lady with a large hat.

Jesse: Luke, this is Mrs. Olivia Hartwood.

Luke: Howdy ma'am.

Oliva: Hello. I understand you knew the Strate boys?

Luke: Yes'm. I knew them from school.

Olivia: We were able to find Rufus and his father has agreed to let us take him in. My husband is a police officer and can give him the proper discipline he needs.

Luke: Rufus sure needs it ma'am. He'd steal my lunch.

Olivia: But we still need to find Enos.

Luke: Maybe he wants to stay with his Pa.

Olivia: <sighs> I can understand that Luke. But his father simply isn't capable of giving him a proper home and has agreed to let me take him in as well.

Luke: His Pa agreed to it?

Olivia: Yes he did.

Jesse: Now Luke...you sure you don't know where Enos is?

Luke: Well...I can help ya look for him.

Olivia: I'd sure appreciate it Luke.

Cue Kitty