Good ol' boys

TRPColtrane95

hi guys,

I wonder any you know about that guys? I never been in music stuff I not interesting but not know about you guys does? check out:

http://nationwide.nascar.com/nationwide-series/news/111129/esadler-bshelton-six-pack-of-pop/index.html

Country music superstar Blake Shelton answers this week's six questions along with his close friend, NASCAR driver Elliott Sadler.

1. When did you two guys meet?

Sadler: Was it yesterday? Last night?

Shelton (laughing): Don't talk about last night -- if you know what I'm saying. No, seriously, I met Elliott in Atlanta around 2001 at a Hank Williams Jr. concert.

Sadler: You were playing, too. It was a Hank Williams Jr./Blake Shelton concert.

“

Thirty-five miles an hour is not that fast. But 35 mph backwards -- on a dirt road -- is really fast. ... He is the one who was driving at least 30 or 35 miles an hour, backwards, laughing the whole time.

â€

-- BLAKE SHELTON

“

I wasted a lot of good film. Something that was supposed to take only two hours ended up taking over 10 because of how bad I was.

â€

-- ELLIOTT SADLER

Shelton: Well, I was there -- but it was a Hank Williams Jr. concert. No one else is really there when Hank Jr. is playing. But I do remember hearing someone clapping in the audience when I was playing. It must have been [sadler].

But I had a video coming out called Ol' Red. And I asked Elliott that night -- we already had hit it off -- and I told him we were looking for some people to make cameo appearances in my Ol' Red video. I asked him to play the part of my cousin. He came out and did it and we've been buddies ever since.

Sadler: Yeah, we hit it off that first night -- I think because our personalities are so similar. He's just a little more full of B.S. than I am.

Shelton: Well, those are my initials.

2. How was Elliott as an actor?

Sadler: I was pretty bad. I wasted a lot of good film. Something that was supposed to take only two hours ended up taking over 10 because of how bad I was.

Shelton: Yeah, we actually had to go overtime with the union.

3. Blake, has Elliott ever let you drive one of his cars?

Shelton: No, he has not. In fact, the most scared I've ever been in a car or a truck was when I was deer hunting with Elliott in Virginia. Thirty-five miles an hour is not that fast. But 35 mph backwards -- on a dirt road -- is really fast. And he scared the [expletive] out of me. He is the one who was driving at least 30 or 35 miles an hour, backwards, laughing the whole time.

Sadler: It was a good time.

Shelton: And then he did the ol' hit-the-brakes, Dukes of Hazzard spin-around.

Sadler: Yeah, the ol' turnaround.

Shelton: That's the most afraid I've ever been in a motor vehicle of any kind.

4. Perhaps next time you'll find Elliott a driving part in one of your videos instead?

Shelton: Well, when it comes to driving, there's a different price involved if you want to hire Elliott. That's what I found out.

Sadler: He says that's one of the times he was most scared? Well, one of the most scared times I've ever had was one time when he was playing a concert in Richmond [Va.] in front of a sold-out crowd of about 10,000. This was around 2001 or 2002.

People ask me all the time if I wasn't a race car driver, what would I want to be? And I always say, 'I'd want to be a country music singer.' He'd heard me sing before on his bus, so he knew what he was doing -- but he pulled me out on stage in front of all those people and said, 'All right. Here's your chance. What do you want to do?' He pretty much called my bluff. I tucked my tail between my legs and ran back over to the corner. That was probably the most humiliating, scariest time of my life.

5. You didn't try to sing anything at all?

Sadler: Heck, no.

Shelton: I've heard him sing. He really can sing Will the Circle Be Unbroken. I mean, like nobody's business.

Sadler: But only if you're playing guitar and leading me through it.

Shelton: True. When we use the term 'sing' here, we're using it very loosely.

6. Blake, are you a car guy? What's the first car you ever drove?

Shelton: I've never owned a car in my life. I've owned pickup trucks my whole life -- and I have one little van that I used to take out once in a while. Most guys get cars to drive down Main Street and get women. But this one repels women.

Seriously, all I've ever owned is pickups. I've had every make. Ford, Chevy and Dodge. Man, after I've had 'em for six months, they're all pieces of crap. ... I'm pretty rough on 'em and sometimes, just to feel like a NASCAR driver, I might wreck someone on purpose.

Sadler: You can't say that. You might get in trouble. Some people may not know you're joking.

Shelton: I can say whatever I want. If you don't like it, kick me out of the sport.

what you think of that story? :-?

thanks enjoy :)