If our Duke Characters could talk to us about our FanFiction....

I tried to start this on another site but the writers were a bit to sensitive and took the ideas displayed there as an insult(even though I said from the start that nothing was directed at anyone). This was done by a fellow writer in another fandom and all of the writers really had a great time doing this.

I know that all of us have read stories in the past that we just knew that the characters would cringe at some of the things that we writers have them do. So, let's let each person write a small note in the voice of the character of their choice speaking to fanfiction writers about what most go off the course or put the characters in a light that just isn't them. I'll start off. Remember, this is all for FUN. No trolling. No insults or flames are acceptable.

Dear Dukes of Hazzard Fanfiction Writers,

I know that I act like a bumbling fool at times, but I think many of you forget that for years I was one of the best Lawmen in the state. I'm actually much smarter than I act. True, them Duke Boys have gotten the better of me a couple of times. But that has always been a kind of game for us. I've never allowed real criminals to trick me so easily. After all, Police work is my life.

Sincerely,

Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane:spin:

Dear Dukes of Hazzard fanfiction writers,

I have long legs, long hair, a perfect body, and I'm the kind of woman who turns men's head. But, besides my body, I'm really good hearted, I love my family and I'd do everything for people I love; I have a lot of defects too, I know, first of all I'm very stubborn.

So, in your fanfics, think of me like a complete person, and remember I don't like to be used to foolish men, especially one of them.

And, please, stop to pair me with strange people, like Jamie Hogg or anyone else, 'cause, if you haven't yet noticed, I love and I've always loved Enos Strate, even if I have to hide my real feelings (I'm a Duke and he's a cop, we know each other since we were children and everyone in Hazzard thinks we are only good friends). You don't know what really happens between me and Enos when we are alone, far away from anyone else :innocent:

Sincerly,

Daisy Duke