4'x20' DOH Movie Banner

Hey folks. I was just curious of the rarity/worth of an oddball item that I have. I originally purchased it to hang up in my pole barn but with money being tight at the moment, I'm considering the idea of letting it go but would like to find out more about it before I make any decisions. It's an approximately 4'x20' vinyl promotional sign for the movie that I was told was hanging up at a racetrack in Michigan. I bought it off of a toy dealer in Pittsburgh and that's what he told me anyway. I've never seen one this size before and would be grateful for any information that you folks may have. Thanks for any help you can provide. I appreciate it.

doh1.jpg

doh2.jpg

doh3.jpg

Welcome to HNet. I've had a look around the internet, and it seems movie banners as large as yours are rare. Prices range hugely depending on desirability/rarity. Some of the smaller ones go for under $50, but there's a seller on ebay who's asking nearly $15k for an original 1977 Star Wars lobby banner. I'd guess you're looking at somewhere between the two. I used to work in the sign business, and a banner that big wouldn't have been cheap. I'd also recommend getting a tube to roll the banner around whilst it's in storage. This will prevent the creasing visible in your photos. A sign store or carpet store will probably be throwing large tubes away.

Thanks for the info! I had seen some smaller versions of this a few times come up on ebay, but none this large. I'll definitely look into getting it tube rolled. The guy I bought it off of was using it to cover his tables at a toy show and when he saw my orange 01 shirt he asked me if I was a Dukes fan. I answered "Yes", of course, and the next thing I knew, I was taking it home with me. :D