Mystery Location

Hey y'all.

I just finished watching Comrade Duke.During the final chase sequence when the Dukes are rescuing Natasha,they are filming on a wide open plane that looks like a country highway.The location was used again in Big Brothers Duke at the start and end of the episode.

My question is,where is that location??

From the mountains and soil it looks like it was filmed near Newhall,a couple of miles south of Indian Dunes.

If anyone knows where it was filmed can you let me know?I'm curious to see the public locations and how they changed in the last twenty years.

Thanks y'all :)

It looks like it was also used in Deputy Dukes as well,during the part when the Dukes first get the ambulance.

The area where Daisy picks up Natasha in the bi-plane looks like it may be an old airfield. I found this site that details a runway at Indian Dunes. It doesn't mention Dukes, but does say the runway was "used for filming of The Black Sheep Squadron TV series [1976-78]" and "also used by many other films & TV shows & rented from Newhall Land.â€

Not sure if this is the place, and the runway no longer exists, but you can check it out for yourself on Google Maps.

The area where Daisy picks up Natasha in the bi-plane looks like it may be an old airfield. I found this site that details a runway at Indian Dunes. It doesn't mention Dukes, but does say the runway was "used for filming of The Black Sheep Squadron TV series [1976-78]" and "also used by many other films & TV shows & rented from Newhall Land.â€

Not sure if this is the place, and the runway no longer exists, but you can check it out for yourself on Google Maps.

No sorry I should have been more specific, I'm talking about when Vance is cutting apart the police car,that road that they're filming on.It was used again in Big Brother Dukes.

I think I've found the road you're looking for. It's called either Pico Canyon Road or Potrero Canyon Road depending on which map you look at. It's only about a mile south of the location I posted last night. Here's a screengrab from 'Big Brothers, Duke':

Potrero.jpg

And here's a picture from Google Maps:

19968598.jpg

They seem to go up and down the same bit of road a few times in 'Comrade Duke' because the hill with the pylons on (which would be behind you if you looked in the direction of the photos above) appears several times. I'm not sure if the aerial shots were filmed here, but most of the ground shots were. Here's a link to the location on Google Maps.

While watching the chase at the end of 'Comrade Duke' I spotted that the front tire on the patrol car was definitely punctured after the doors were ripped off, but miraculously fully pumped up when the car came to rest. The orange section in the blue part of the lightbar seems to have disappeared too.

Comrade.jpg