My Pride and Joy

CDoherty95

Hey y'all.

You'll probably laugh at me for this but my pride and joy isn't your standard General Lee.

My General is a push bike!But when I first got it it was in similar condition to the General Lee in Happy Birthday General Lee.Its frame was bent at the front (its a former stunt bike so that's not too surprising),the ball bearings were non existent,and part of the frame had rusted away.The previous owner explained that he stopping using it about 8 years ago,after he had bent the frame,and that the bike was about 20 years old.

I bought it for €20 (about $35 i think),which was probably way more than I should have paid for it.

As soon as I got it back to my garage,I immediately set to work,stripping the bike of its mechanics and paint.Luckly,because the bike had been exposed to the elements for 8 years the frame was relatively easy to bend back into shape.

After I did that I set to work,with the help of my uncle,cutting out metal to weld over the rust hole.After all the body work was done,I moved my attention to the mechanics.Obviously,being a stunt bike,there were very few mechanics on the bike.But what was there didn't stand up to the elements,so I ended up replacing everything.

After I rebuilt and stripped the bike,I started painting the frame.First white,then the familiar bright orange.

All the decals were hand painted,and took quite a while to do.

Once all the paints had dried and set,i rebuilt the bike.

Amazingly,the bike actually felt and worked as if it had been built by a professional,and because all the parts were new,it was essentially a brand new bike!

I'd post pictures but I don't know how