Close call for the General

travelerF150

Last night at a friend of mines house, she showed me a website from a auto body and graphic design shop in Phenoix, AZ. I guess it's a pretty well known one because they created the cars for I-Robot, Demolition Man and some other movie I've never heard of. On the site they talked about how they were contracted by Warner Bros. to design a "more contemporary" General Lee for the movie. They actually built three of them and I guess Warner Bros. were actually seriously considering using their version but a few months before they started filming they changed their minds and decided to stick with the real General. It doesn't say why but one can only guess they didn't want to risk a backlash form the fans of the show (Maybe they've checked out this website for the past couple months?). Anyways the car they designed was still a 69 Dodge Charger R/T, except one of the cars was a 68. I could tell by the tail lights. It was still the same color orange and had the 01 in black outlined in white on the doors but that's where the similarities ended. The rims where 18 inch perelli racing rims that actually are cool rims but not on my favorite car. The tires were low profile too. Don't get me wrong it wasn't "getto fabulous" but it still had a street racer look to it (maybe they designed it when they had the guy from Fast and the Furious pegged for Bo?). The grill guard was chrome and the roll cage inside was orange like the car. The interior was decked out too with chrom gauges and stuff and it had and all black interior. But to top it all off (here's the kicker) instead of the flag on the top they had another 01 painted same as the one's on the doors. They said it was to make the car have more of a "Nascar feel". It still said General Lee on the roof but it was written in black. It really made me realize what the flag added to the car. With out it, it kinda looks like something outta Holloween, too much orange and black. Needless to say the execs at Warner Bros. made the right decsion ( I think anyways.... you all are free to disagree), to keep the car the same. I tried finding the website tonight to post it on here but so far Google has turned up nothing, and I don't have much more time to look for it cause I'm going out but as soon as I do I'll post it on here.

Hello Traveler,

I have heard rumors about a "new" General Lee that was in the works. Who knows, maybe this new design will get "worked" into the story line in some sort of way. Maybe (and this is just a maybe) Warner Bros is planning a way to introduce the "new " General Lee in the new movie. I wont be suprised if it happens. I hope that this does not happen because I love the General Lee the way it is and I hate the fact of changing it. But im sure Warner Bros. is looking for ways to appeal to a young audience. They may just try that by changing the car we all know and love. I just hope they leave The General alone. take care