Must Love Dukes

hazzard chic

Hello, My name is Dixie.(yes that's my real name). This may seem strange, but I am in search of friends. I recently moved from Michigan to Wisconsin due to a job offer that my husband recieved over the internet.

I do not know anyone here and I am very lonely for friendship.

I am not going to give a lot of personal details at this point, and I don't expect anyone else to either. I am going to include a brief profile of myself here and state what I am looking for in a friend. I am also going to include my e-mail addresses.

I am asking that anyone who reads this post, lives anywhere near me, and would like to maybe make a new friend, please e-mail me. We can start that way and take it from there.

About Me: I am a 31 year old stay at home mom. I have 2 little boys ages 4 and 5. I like shopping, karoke, fashion, arts and crafts, carnivals/fairs, my soaps, '80's rock and country music, and above all I love my kids and the Dukes of Hazzard!

I live in Eau Claire, Wisconsin and I am looking to make a few friends. I am married, so I am not looking for a boyfriend or a date. Friendships only.

My only requirement at this time is that you absolutely must be a Dukes of Hazzard fan because I am a total dukeaholic! BTW, I mean a fan of the original series, I don't consider that new movie as the Dukes!

My e-mail addresses are: hazzard.girl@hotmail.com, hazzardgal01@aol.com and hazzard_girl_01@yahoo.com.

So if you live in or near my area, love the dukes of hazzard and would like to make a new friend, e-mail me and say hello. Oh yeah, in the subject line type "New Friend" so I know what it is.

Thanks, have a wonderful day,

Dixie

Howdy Dixie, welcome to HazzardNet.

We got quite a few WI Dukes fans that hang around here. I know there's at least one in Rusk County, which ain't too far from your neck of the woods. I know there's a few others in the state too, 'cause they give me hell when I tease about Wisconsin.

Ya know, there's a great restaurant just south of Eau Clarie , in a little down called Osseo. It's the "Norske Nook" and they got the best homemade pie to be had. Get there for breakfast, and try the pancakes, they're the size of a car tire. Worth the trip all the way around.

If you're into BBQ, look for the Famous Dave's in your area. It's a MN/WI chain and the ribs are awesome. If you don't dig ribs, go with the beef brisket sandwich.

Hope the move turns out to be a good change for ya! From the food alone I think you'll enjoy it.

Brian

Hey Dixie,

I hope that you get settled down and things work out.

I understand how hard it is to move from one state to another. I joined the Marines as an 18 young girl and was sent from my familar home to 12 weeks of bootcamp at Parris Island SC, which was a complete change. Went from mom to drill instructors yellin' in your face. It was hard, not knowing a soul. Then I moved to NC for 4 weeks of schoolin' and really didn't know anyone. It took some time but I found a freind or two while there. Had my first boyfriend there. Then just as I was settlin' in I was sent to Quantico Va. I was finally settled spending from 87-91. By 91 I was out of the Marines but married to one. Our next move was across country to CA where we lived for 18 months. I was in the same situation as you, a stay at home mom. I didn't even have a car at this point. I ended up making friends with people at my toddlers mommy and me classes. I also started to work at night, when my husband could watch our son. I made friends there too. Then before you knew it, we had orders again and I moved back to my home, while my husband went over seas for a year. You would think being back at home was good, but by then most of my old friends were gone. A year later it was off to NC again where we lived for six years. Again I was a stay at home mom, but I was pregnant with my second child. After six months of living in NC, we moved from one community to another, and that is when I made my best friend. I have been friends with her for 10 years now. I met her when I was moving into my new house and the plumbing wasn't working. We met due to either me or my son having to use the bathroom! Six years later and it was my final out of state move, up to Philly where my now exhusband is from. I made friends with parents at my childrens school and with my neighbors.

So what that all boils down to is this. I understand what your going thru and I know how tough it is to make friends. I think that posting on here was a good idea. I hope that some of the local Wisconisn people have privatly emailed you. Good luck in the search for friends, I know that you will succeed.

To Brian Coaltrain,

I love trying out different restaurants from time to time. Thanks for your recomendations. I will probably check them out some time.

To iloveschneider.

thanks for your post. I found it very encouraging. It is nice to know that there is someone out there that knows how I feel and understands my frustration!

Dixie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi hazzard chic

welcome to the hazzardnet forums, i have read your post and understand your feelings, like you i would like to make new friends and get along well with others here, if you ever would like to chat i would be happy to talk :)

my msn addy is: tophamhatt2@hotmail.co.uk

i would love to also be your friend, although i am a UK fan, i am always online and would be honoured to chat with you and make friends.

yours

Dukes Fan ;)