A Tom Wopat Hit?

Good_News_Good_News

OK Guys,

Growing up here in East Tennessee means that I got a good dose of country music from my folks as a kid.

I also grew up on the Dukes and I was about 12 years old when it originally went off the air.

Well a few years later, Tom And john had both gotten into music careers. I remember our local country station playing a lot of John's songs and I also remember one big hit that Tom had. However, for the life of me....I can't remember the name of the song or how it went.

It was a pretty popular song and it seems like it was a catchy tune with good sing a long qualities. I'd imagine that it at least made top 40 for our local station (WIVK, award winning country) to play as much of it as they did.

Anyway, I've searched the internet all over and come up empty handed. It seems that all of Tom's albumns that were released before 1990 or so are totally out of print. It also seems like nobody else in the country remembers the tune I'm talking about.

I guess it came out sometime around 1987. I have discovered that Tom did release and albumn around that time....but I have been unable to locate a listing of the songs on that albumn, much less any of the lyrics to help jog my brain.

So now, I've pestered my mom and all our friends trying to figure this out. I doubt it will become a life quest of mine to figure out the song, however, it is aggravating me to death because I know I'm not imagining things.

Any of you fine Hazzardites remember what I'm talking about?

Any help would be appreciated.