DIRECTOR NAMED FOR DUKES MOVIE

Source: Broken Lizard

Source: JoBlo.com

Jay Chandrasekhar, writer/director of "Super Troopers" and part of the creative team responsible for "Club Dread" is reportedly directing the new Dukes movie.

This information has not been cross-verified with any sources other than those named above. If true ( and believed so at the time of this writing) this represents an unexpected creative shift. Not necessarily a bad one, just...unexpected!

What's also getting interesting, is the sudden pin-drop of casting news. The director will have some say in the casting, of course - so there's a new "all bets are off" atmosphere that suggests no assumptions should be made, about nothin'!

But I'll make them anyway, what the hell.

More comin' soon. Keep yer ears on!

Brian

I've had the following passed along to me with the same information, which basically cites Broken Lizard as the source....

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=5396

http://www.chud.com/news/july04/july2dukes.php3

The chud.com write up basically slams our favorite show as "dumb" but a chance to spread the word on the movie is a chance to spread the word.

Also the Internet Movie Database has two writers listed for the project.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377818/

One of whom is John O'Brien...who wrote this year's Starsky and Hutch movie.

MaryAnne

Thank ya, MaryAnne!

Yeah, John O'Brien has been in the mix for awhile, in fact, there was an article on him last March, and it's posted in all this stuff someplace. For anyone who hasn't yet seen the Starsky & Hutch movie, you'd best rent it when available...and prepare yerself. It was funny, but it was also a brutal parody of the original series. I can only hope that the Dukes movie script will be kinder to the spirit of the original show.

And about that chud.com write-up....ya know, whether folks loved or hated the Dukes of Hazzard, there's one unescapable truth. That being, damn near everybody has heard of it. Personally, I think it's poetic justice that this show keeps coming back to haunt the critics who could never stand it in the first place. Bahahahah!

• 4 months later...

Besides Super Troopers and Club Dread, what else has this guy directed? I have never heard of him. Don't get me wrong he could be a great director...but in my opinion I think they should get someone thats had just a little more experience. Maybe Steven Spielburg, or possibly the guy who directed Starsky & Hutch which I loved and think they did a great job with. All I'm saying is that it might be a little bit better with someone who's been out there a lil while ya know. Or this may turn out to be as good or better than Starsky & Hutch lol i don't know.