The Moment We All Have Been Waiting For...

Yes folks it's finally in stores! Dukes of Hazzard: Season One on DVD. I got my copy last night at my local K-mart. Since K-mart has it, I assume that your local Walmart, Target, Meijer or whatever retail chain you prefer to go to, has it for sale. I do know that K-mart had it priced at 29.99 in my area. I don't know what other chains are selling it for but that's the price I paid. I'd imagine that other stores would be in the range of a dollar to five dollars more or less.

The Season one set is on two disks. Three eps. to a side of each disk. The case is very brightly colored. I haven't looked at all the features yet but I'll keep you posted on what I find.

I highly recomend this for any serious Duke fan. Plus, I would think that the number of copies they sell will determine wether or not they release other Seasons.

I would love to here other thoughts and comments on what others feel about this. I will also post some more info after I finish watching the DVD!

Val ;D

Ok... I was incorrect. There are THREE disks!!! It's a beatiful collection of the first season. John and Cathy actually do a comentary on the One Armed Bandits. Plus the last disk has an array of features and commentary.

It's so entertaining just watching the eps. But the commentary is just the icing on the cake! Just listening to the actors and actresses talk about their involement with the show, is so entertaining as well as heart warming.

Plus, the little flashbacks on moments just makes it so much fun. It's packed with good stuff!

Well, I have to run. Take care all.

Val ;D

You know, you are right. It would be nice to see the other seesons on DVD for once. But I don't really have any inside on that one. I figure if Season One sells well they will probably release the six other seasons. I know with some TV shows the series come out no problem. M.A.S.H I know has been on the store shevles for a while. I think they are up to season five or six was the lastest one I seen released. However, I've only seen season one of Charlie's Angels on the store floor, and they even had two movies made dedicated to them.

But it's all probably based upon the old law of Supply and Demand. We'll all probably know if the other seasons come out in a couple of months when they get an idea on the sales they generated. (I know, I'm going into Retail mode here... LOL.)

But that is an excellent question, and if anyone in Hazzardland knows, please drop a line.