NY Contest for Tickets to "Dukes" Premiere

I found this contest on www.spankysnyc.com. It is a karaoke signing contest being held in New York City on Thursday, June 2nd for the chance to win two tickets to the world premiere of "Dukes of Hazzard." Apparently, airfare to LA, hotel stay for the night and ground transportation to the theater is part of the package. And get this...TOM "Luke Duke" WOPAT is one of the judges.

The contest starts at 11:30 AM at SPanky's BBQ on 43rd Street in Manhattan with a little classic southern rock karaoke- Hazzard County Classics from the early 80s. Finalists will have to sing "Good Ol' Boys" to win the trip. And I bet there will be a lot of female fans dressed as Daisy...which could be nice lunchtime viewing. More info is available at www.spankysnyc.com.

check it out!!!

Editor's note - while the above information appears legit, we were unable to cross-verify the event on Tom Wopat's own website. We are attempting to confirm.

fyi,

Brian

it's on the bar's site, just because a celeb doesn't post that info on his/her site won't make it legit.

besides, tom won't post that, he rarely acknowledges the dukes any more.

Tom's still a Duke boy at heart. I read recent interviews about him and he still talks quite fondly about the Dukes. Tom's even participating on the DVD extras for seasons three and four of the Dukes.

i think with talk of the new movie, sure he may be getting the spitir and fondness for the show back, but for most of his career he refused to speak on the show during his broadway tenure.

Authenticity of the promotion has been verified.

Side note to BamaM...hello, it's posted on a bar site, so we shoulda took it as gospel? Dude, I thought you were more jaded than that. HEH! But in all seriousness, we just do our best to make sure our friends and neighbors are getting accurate info. Didn't want somebody to drive to NY and then be disappointed, ya know.

Like me, 'cause I just might enter! I can sing with the worst of 'em.....

Brian

More news on the "Hazard County Karaoke" contest...the three finalists who will sing "Good Ol' Boys" will be filmed by Warner Home Video to be included as a special feature on the "Season Five" DVD release. Your "Dukes of Hazzard" fanhood will be immortalized on DVD for eternity.

If you are in the NY area and want some great BBQ and a really great afternoon (starts at 11:30AM), come down to Spanky's. 127 West 43rd Street. You can even meet Tom Wopat himself!!!

Tom is totally still a true Duke!!!