August 5th confirmed!

"Daisy is an all-American girl," says Simpson. "It's very empowering for a woman, she's a badass but can use her body at the same time," defends Simpson. "I think that's a really cool image to put out there for women."

Yeah, because more women need to learn to "use their bodies" to their advantage. :roll:

Of course, in Jessica's case, she can't use her mind or her face, so I guess that's all she's got. Not sure how that's "empowering." Hopefully, she at least outsmarts the baddies, that's a positive message.

I know, I know, Cathy Bach's Daisy used to seduce and distract the baddies, but I always attributed that to the baddies being so easily distracted and not having the decency to turn away like ol' Enos. Besides, even when sweeeeet Daisy found herself caught by the baddies, she'd figure some way to shuck and jive them.

The 04/29 issue of USA Today quotes Aug 05 release date. It seems the box office timing was based on the competition, given the other lineups for that weekend:

"Broken Flowers" (Bill Murray)

"Cry Wolf" (Julian Morris)

"Junebug" (Embeth Davidtz)

"The Pink Panther" (Steve Martin)

"2046" (Gong Li )

What's coincidental to note, is "Junebug" at least has something to do with the South. Spoiler per IMDB reads:

"A dealer in "outsider" art travels from Chicago to North Carolina to meet her new in-laws, challenging the equilibrium of this middle class Southern home. "

Okay, so "Junebug" ain't gonna be a white-knuckle action flick. But the release timing is complimentary to the Dukes movie, given the southern settings and cultural aspects. Not a bad move on WB's part, all considered.

Brian

Simpson, making her film debut as the boy's nearly kissin' cousin, Daisy, doesn't do much driving, but her short shorts will be handling the curves. "Daisy is an all-American girl," says Simpson. "It's very empowering for a woman, she's a badass but can use her body at the same time," defends Simpson.

The original Daisy was more a role model than that. Sure, she paraded around in a bikini and whatnot to distract the baddies or whoever but that wasn't all she was good for. Daisy was smart, sexy and could fix a biscuit and fix a car. She was tough without compromising her femine aspects. How many girls do you know can change a flat on a pickup truck in a pair of high heeled sandals? :)