The New Forums

AlexJackson

Hi Gang,

I'm afraid I can keep silent no longer about the brand new and improved forums. I liked the old set up better because I didn't go blind every time I logged onto it. The orange is too orange, I love Halloween, but not every single day. Another thing I must comment on is the fact that the Google ads all over Hazzardnet have now quadrupled. I come to Hnet to read the posts, not the Yellowpages. I am pretty disappointed with how overly busy this place looks now, do we really need the top posts on the side? Do we really need to have 10 million ads everywhere? Between the hosing down of Hazzardnet with orange, and the tiny font that looks like ants with white painted feet tracked across my monitor, I admit I don't come as often as I used to. Is there any way we can change the color and the font size, or maybe just cut the amount of ads here in half? This is just my opinion, and hopefully it doesn't get me banned, but I really liked the old Hazzardnet lay out better....

Alex

... do we really need the top posts on the side?

You can easily get rid of the sidebar by clicking on the double arrow. This also has the benefit of giving more width to the regular forum, and thus reduces the amount of orange on-screen. The ads that I object to are the ones inside the first post on each page - they wordwrap the text and scale all images in that post to 740 px wide.

You can easily get rid of the sidebar by clicking on the double arrow. This also has the benefit of giving more width to the regular forum, and thus reduces the amount of orange on-screen. The ads that I object to are the ones inside the first post on each page - they wordwrap the text and scale all images in that post to 740 px wide.

Thank you Hoss for the suggestion. I did get rid of the sidebar and the forums got much wider... And yes the ads in the posts themselves are just plain ridiculous.

Alex