Dubious Intentions

blackjack

"Cooters!! Hell no. Im staying right here. An who are you calling a wet dog... im a feline." Razor paused and shook one huge paw at Brian. "Say it with me now. Feeeee....line!"

Razor laid back on the seat, resting his entiring weight and body mass on the back seat.

"No thanks I'll just stay right here. Its raining and cold out." He rested his head on the seat, making it clear that he had no intent of getting up.

(Cue Brian)

"Awright, you freeloadin', over-stuffed hamster. Sit back! Ree-lax! But if you gotta walk back to town from Chattanooga or whevah I end up, don't whine about it. 'Cause this ain't no zoo-mobile and there ain't no round trip."

Brian put the car in gear again and drove through the alley, heading for the courthouse. His dark eyes flicked into the rear-view mirror. "Can you ride a motorcycle? Maybe I could getcha a career in the circus."

(cue anybody)

• 1 month later...

Although Chet's horse had shoes on his hooves the big animals feet made nothing more then dull thuds as Red cantered his way through the short cut deep in the woods. Being a Thoroughbred Red had never proved to be no mountain horse, but he had proved to be rather smart an quick on his feet. Chet felt thankful for this, he didn't need this stranger catching on to the real reason why he had checked the belly cinch on his horse, the last thing he needed was trouble.

Lately the Duke boy had bittin off more then he could chew in the lines of trouble, but he knew as the old saying goes; "theres trouble and then theres trouble." The 21 year old Duke boy couldn't help but wonder why the man behind him had come to Hazzard.

Maybe... Chet thought. Maybe he was a bad judge of character, maybe this guy was just another passerby. He didn't have to look at the man sitting on his horses back behind him to know exactly what he looked like. It was the black clothing that unsettled Chet, dark clothing like that was something that someone did intentionally and more often or not ment something at one time or another.

Chet glanced over his shoulder and offerd the stranger a half grin and patted Red on the neck. Still his gut felt unsettled, something was off, something wasn't right. Alot of people just happened into Hazzard by accident or on business. Sure business, what kind of business, Chet couldnt help but let him mind wander and wonder what this darkly dressed strangers business could be in this sleeply little town.

(Cue Blackjack. Hope ya aint gone far Mr. Blackjack, you seem to fit in this town like a frog in a pond.)

• 1 year later...

(( January 22 2005 was the last time anyone posted to this story and it was me, almost 2 years ago. So as offically as I possibly can, I her by challenge and dare the mysterious BlackJack to a duel. I dare ya BlackJack to show ya self again and finish what you started!!!

~Chet Duke ))

Enema bags at 10 paces? What the bloody hell...? Atleast I aint got claws Doc!

I know Blackjack aint been seen in 2 years but I got this... feeling in my gut. And its sayin that his maker aint ever been that far away.

Sides... ya never know if you dont try.

It has been brought to my attention that some people may have misunderstood the meanings of my duel/challenge. Iam not asking for any means of combat or fighting. Im only setting out to try and bring the mysterious muse Blackjack back to the boards so that this ineteresting piece of writing could be completed.

Sorry for any misunderstandings.

~Chet