What Goes Around, Comes Around

virginiaxduke

"Daisy's?" for some reason she automatically assumed this having pushed Luke from her mind. The girl seemed to be chock full of information.

-----------------------------------

Bo shrugged, "I'm suppose to go into to town to pick a few things up for Jill. Other than that it's a slow day."

Luke nodded, "I thought about heading into to town and see if there's anything that I might need that I just haven't got yet."

"We could go together," Bo would have liked some company and Luke would give it to him. "If you didn't want to take Emma we could drop her by my place to stay with Jill.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke nodded, "What do you think, Em? Want to go see your aunt Jill?"

"Yea!" The little girl threw her hands in the air, excited. She loved Aunt Jill. She always had cookies.

"All right, then." Luke smiled at Bo. "We'll drop her off and then head out."

"No." Georgia shook her head. "My Dad's." She extended her hand. "Georgia Lynn Duke."

Cassie extended her hand and shook Georgia's, "Cassie Morgan." She smiled pulled away from Georgia, "Luke's daughter? You look like him." Nodding she had to admit that the girl did resemble her father.

"Aren't you suppose to be in school?" This wasn't the first time someone asked Georgia that today. Except, when Cassie asked she had a sly smirk on her face.

------------------------------------

Bo nodded, "We'll take the General," he smirked. "Old times.." Both men had to admit that they loved that car. Luke had let Bo keep the orange trademark of Hazzard when he moved to Atlanta, it was only fair.

Picking up his daughter Luke followed Bo out of the front door and got themselves settled into the General Lee. With a roar they were down the dirt road in a hurry.

Putting the pedal to the metal Bo floored it as he pulled away from his home and headed full speed towards town. The Duke boys were at it again.

--------------------------------

Raising an eyebrow, "I never known a Duke to lie," she shook her head. "I guess there's a first time for everything."

Shrugging she watched Georgia, "Let me be the first to tell you I know that there's school today and I don't care that your skipping. Just thought I'd make conversation." Cassie still had her usual sass about her and since she never married and had kids of her own didn't have the motherly instinct she should have.

"If your from the city then I can understand that,' nodding she agreed and crossed her arms. "So your skipping school and giving your daddy a hard time?" A part of her was disappointed in Georgia, "What would your mama say?" Everyone knew that Luke's wife had died and there was a lingering silence about it around Hazzard.

---------------------------------

Straightening the curves and flatting the hill Bo and Luke were racing nothing but the countryside. Each boy was remembering the good times they had way back when and enjoying a ride in the General Lee.

"I don't think we've lost our touch," Luke said proudly.

"Yeeeehaw!" Bo hit the horn as they jumped a dip in the rode. "Of course not...it's like riding a bike you never forget."

Nodding Luke grinned enjoying every bit of the outing, "For once I think your right."

"Cute, real cute Luke," he shook his head as the first houses in town came into view.

Georgia stiffened at the mention of her mother. It was a subject she didn't want to talk about...especially with someone she barely knew. "Does it matter? She's not here." It was cold...and kind of b****y...but it was better than crying.

She just stood there, looking at Cassie when a familiar orange car came into sight. Great. Just Great.

"Well it is *you* we're talking about, cousin."

Bo looked at him but chose to remain silent. He was not going to get into with Luke. Besides...he knew he was right. Coming up to Coother's he squealed into a stop just milimeters away from Cassie.

"I guess you've got a point," Cassie snapped back in a calm way. At the sound of tires squealing her heart jumped and she turned around to see the General Lee behind her. "Bo Duke are you trying to kill me?"

Bo stuck his head out and let his body follow as he sat on the window, "I would never.." He grinned.

Rolling her eyes Cassie responded, "Riight.."

Luke in the same fashion as Bo sat on the passenger's side window of the General, "I see you've found my delinquent."

Looking back at Georgia Cassie smiled despite the girl's attitude, "More like distracted away from school." Shrugging she went on, "I saw her admiring a few things in my store window so I invited her in. She introduced herself and we got to talking. Then I invited her to breakfast but, she refused saying she was going to be late for school. Being the hard headed thing I am insisted and now here we are."

There was no way Cassie could see Georgia's expression but, Luke could. "That was nice of you." He smiled, "I guess I'm not too mad just a little disappointed."

Bo laughed, "That's something you'll have to get over Luke," lifting his feet out of the car he put them on the ground.

Luke shook his head and laughed slightly, "Your right." Putting both feet on the ground he leaned against the car. "So Georgia..I guess you won't be heading to school at all, then?"

Cassie shrugged, "I was going to see Cooter about my car but, I think you boys could look at it just the same." She smiled and looked at Georgia giving her the 'what could it hurt' look.

Bo grinned again, "Well great both of you can help me pick out a microwave. Jill swears we need a new one."

"She nagged and nagged knowing that you'd run out and get her one," Luke smiled, "I know how that is."

There was a moment of silence, "Well come on let's go," Cassie dropped back and linked arms with Georgia, "Come on."

They all started down the sidewalk and passed a cute little boutique, it was Cassie's. "Maybe if you quit givin' your Daddy a hard time we could arrange for you to get whatever you wanted out of there?" Grinning she thought about what she was doing.

Luke opened his mouth to protest, "I don't think.." Cassie quickly cut him off, "I know Lukas," she smirked. Everyone had a laugh over it. As Luke reddened in the face slightly he tried to speak again, "So you finally got back into designing?"

Nodding Cassie knew she hadn't finished college but was very successful, "That I did. I'm one of the best. I just don't put myself out there." She didn't mention that her line ran through shops in New York and California. She was a simple girl and didn't like all the flashy couture that was out nowadays.

Bo put his arm around her, "That's what we love about you. High class, high maintence but still a Hazzard girl at heart."

"Just home. I'm just tired is all." She wished they'd all stop looking at her like she was going to break. She wasn't. She was fine. Or she would be as long as everyone just let her be.

Bo frowned. He didn't like this. But it wasn't his place to say anything. Luke knew her better than he did and well...but if it was one of his kids...they wouldn't be going anywhere.

"Nah. I'm fine." She grabbed her bag and headed off. Walking along the road that headed out of town, she fought back tears. This was crazy. She was not going to cry. She didn't cry then and she wasn't going to cry now.

She needed something to do. Anything. She headed for the Boar's Nest.

Bo frowned. "You think she's gonna be okay? Maybe I should call Jill and have Jill check on her?" He didn't like this at all. "Has she been like this ever since...?"

Luke sighed staring at his cousin, "Yeah and I can't help her.." He sounded so defeated. "It kills me to see her like that so, yeah could you please have Jill check on her.."

"Luke...don't get down on yourself," she wanted to hug him but, didn't know if it would be out of line or what not. Cassie was at a loss for words as she stared at him. He looked helpless.

Cassie smiled, "See nothing to worry about," she grasped Luke's shoulder and gave it a squeeze of reassurance.

"Thanks Bo," he paused, "Makes this set a bit easier on my mind. So now what about that microwave." The change of conversation and setting might make him feel better.

----------------------------

A waitress at the Boar's Nest came over to Georgia, "Can I get you something?" The girl didn't look much older than Georgia but did look more cheerful.

Cassie shrugged, "I'm a woman of course I know about microwaves." She sounded playful in her tone. "Direct me to the hardware store and I'll pick you out the best."

Smiling Luke looked at both Bo and Cassie each seemed so cheerful and happy. "Are you sure I wouldn't be a third wheel in this microwave buying date?" Of course Luke was teasing about this. Ever since Cassie had arrived back in town so many years ago she'd slipped back into Bo and Luke's mold with ease. Being easy going and easy to talk to; never had she let either man down at being that.

-----------------------------------------------

The waitress gave Georgia a look, "Coming right up." Disappearing behind the bar the girl had the bartender mix up a drink and in a matter of minutes she was placing the cold glass infront of the customer. "Here you go," she smiled kindly.

"You are a goddess, Cass, an absolute goddess." Bo grinned and led them in the direction of the hardware store. He wondered if he shouldn't duck out and leave Luke and Cassie alone. Cassie could turn out to be just what Luke needed.

Bo was sure of that.

"Thanks." Georgia grinned, taking a sip. Well there was at least one upside to living in Hazzard...people were accomodating. Even at 10 in the morning.

"Oh I know," she grinned. Since they'd walked a little more down the sidewalk it wasn't long until they found themselves outside of the hardware/appliance store. "What color is your kitchen?" Cassie asked as she lead both men inside and over to the microwaves. This detail was very important.

Luke followed without saying a word, "I think I'm going to go look for some nails," he disappeared down another isle and left Bo and Cassie standing there.

----------------------------------

Just as the waitress had left a young man looking about twenty entered the Boar's Nest. He was just passing through Hazzard on his way to Atlanta, "Can I get a beer?" His order was placed as he passed the bar and spotted Georgia sitting all by herself. Smiling he joined her, "What's a pretty little thing like you doing sitting alone?"

Cassie had to laugh, "I just wanted to see you think about." It was a hobby of hers to give someone a hard time. The only thing was it had to be someone she was good friends with. Looking at the choices before them she concentrated. "I think..this one," she pointed to a white one down at the bottom. "I'm almost positive that Jill will appreciate this one."

-----------------------------------

The stranger grinned, "I just might be, Darlin'." While the waitress was bringing his beer he extended his hand, "Dean Wallace." Georgia was very beautiful to him and he didn't even know her name.