The Hellraiser, rants about the movie, the show, and stuff!

1hellraiser

There was a post in the movie section, calling the show campy. I agree the show was campy. At first all it was to be was a mid season filler, which means it was doomed from the start, the fact it lasted 7 years is a miracle. To make the movie accurate, they had to use younger actors, Johnny knoxville as Luke, wasnt really a good idea, he has more of Bo's personality, just give him a blond wig. But quit damning the movie, we are beginning to sound like star wars fans here, (remember them, we used to beat them up, and call them geeks). The only thing we can do is wait, and see how the movie comes out. The only info we have, is he said, she said, and backstage rumors. My thought is, seeing a big orange charger, jumping the creek, getting chased by the law, one sexy cousin, (daisy!!), uncle jesse, and boss, on any screen is a treat.

I hope in a way, the producers and wb, see this site, for ideas for part 2, and in a way I don't, because of the way some of us have been acting, they may not even make a sequel, due to the bullshi#, we have been giving them, for the last few months. By boycotting the movie, your only giving the wb press, and free advertisement, (remember the old adage, any news is good news). Don't boycott the movie, buy the next season dvd set, get the free ticket, and watch with a open mind and heart. If anything that has been posted on the web is true, it should be good. Just because ben jones, doesn't like the script, really dont mean anything but to himself. With him as a former congressman, I am sure he will agree, everybody is entitled to their own opinion, after all isn't that some of the reason we are proud Americans.

I am a proud Dukes fan, have been since day 1, (Since I was 2 yrs old, in 1979). I was there thru all the years , the coy and vance shows, the space alien one and everything. Even when the a-team and knight rider was on my loyalty never wavered, came close with the fall guy though. I had every toy imaginable. I took the knocks in grade school for being a dukes fan, (they like knight rider, and a team). I waited until I got my licence, and my first car, I called it the General. My only run in with the law, was when I tried to jump my old dodge truck, and it landed so hard, the under carrage came apart, (I went one way, and the frame went another) trying to be like the dukes, made the jump, and it landed on all 4 wheels. That bought me a 500.00 fine, and a reckless driving rap on my licence. When I was growing, I didn't have any brothers or sisters, so Bo, Luke, and Daisy were my siblings. I'm sure this matches the love of the show that alot of us have for the show. So to see, a bunch of passers by, boo hoo a movie that isn't even finished yet, upsets me. Besides, we have to keep this in perspective, it was just a tv show, and a movie, and this is real life. If, this upsets anyone in Hazzard net, I'm sorry, but enough is enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure...

Hell yeah! For speaking your mind.

Hell yeah! For being a die hard Dukes fan since day one.

Hell yeah! For all of us proud Americans who speak our minds and have the freedom to speak our minds. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion and we've heard it all here on HNet. And the fact that this forum is open and allows both sides to express those opinions, I give a hell yeah to as well.

• 2 months later...