Luke’s Surprise

Tonight on the Dukes, Luke brings home a surprise from Atlanta.

Sunday, July 11, 2004. Luke was traveling down the highway from Atlanta to Hazzard in great style, driving a 1989 black Chevrolet Cavalier Z24, but he’s not alone. Joining him in the passenger’s side was a short, young, brown-haired, hazel-eyed woman, who was in delight as Luke was driving.

“Luke, I’m not so sure what your cousins will think of me,†said the young woman

“Don’t worry your pretty little head of yours, Donna. Everything will be alright, I can assure you,†Luke replied with reassurance

“Maybe I’m worrying over nothing. After all, you did hit it off well with my family, even though they were sceptical about our age difference,†Donna answered after she calmed down a bit

“Age is just a number, honey. What matters most is that we love each other!†said Luke

“Well, I guess I can trust you driving my car, can’t I,†Donna said with a chuckle in her voice

That’s right, Luke is driving Donna’s car from Atlanta. He told Bo and Daisy that he was going to a Marines reunion in the city and that he was taking a cab from the farm. Little did Bo and Daisy know that Luke had something else in mind besides the Marines reunion.

Bo, Luke, and Daisy still live together at the Duke farm. Uncle Jesse willed the farm to the three of them. Bo and Luke are full-time farmers while Daisy is a teacher at Hazzard High School and she’s enjoying her summer vacation.

Luke and Donna land at the Duke farm where Bo and Daisy are waiting to greet Luke. Boy are they in for a surprise.

“Hey, Daisy, check this out. Luke’s bring home a little lady with him!†Bo said excitedly as he watched Luke help Donna out of the car

“So that’s why he said he didn’t need a cab home. He suckered that poor girl to drive him home!†answered Daisy as she watched Luke getting his suitcase

Luke and Donna enter the kitchen. Bo and Daisy were mostly staring at the way they were kissing passionately in front of them.

“Ahem!†Bo said as he watched Luke kissing the woman.

Luke and Donna stop kissing.

“Bo, Daisy, this is Donna!†said Luke as his cousins stared at him

“Welcome to Hazzard, Donna,†said Daisy

“Luke, you don’t usually bring home girls to meet you cousins unless it’s serious,†replied Bo as he stared at Donna

“Donna isn’t just anyone, she’s my wife!†answered Luke

Bo and Daisy looked as the light from the ceiling glistened on the happy couple’s matching wedding bands.

“Your wife? Luke, this is kind of sudden, isn’t it?†Bo questioned his cousin’s motives

“I admit, it’s a big surprise to both of you, but there’s just something about her that I wanted to get to know even more about,†Luke answered as he held Donna’s hand

“We didn’t exactly rush into it quickly. In fact, we’ve been seeing each other secretly for months. Luke wanted to make sure it was an appropriate time for me to meet his family in Hazzard,†Donna said

“Well, I guess now we should welcome you into the Duke family,†Bo responded

“Thank you, that was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders!†exclaimed a relieved Donna

“Tell us about yourself, Donna!†Daisy asked as she gestured Donna and Luke to sit on the couch

“Well, my full name is Donna Mae Anderson. I’m 25 and I’ve never been in love with any man until I met Luke. I was born and raised in Atlanta. I worked as a karaoke hostess at a bar in Atlanta until the other day. My father died when I was 2, his name was Milton, and he ran moonshine in his younger days. My mother, Janice, and my grandmother, Helen Cooper, raised me, actually, mostly grandma raised me because my mom worked shift work as a nurse. I’m an only child, so mama always wanted the best for me,†Donna explained as she was seated next to Luke on the couch

A few hours later, the Duke clan was sitting down to supper. Donna showed off her cooking talents to Bo and Daisy, as Luke already knew that her cooking was delicious.

“You know, there’s one thing that I regret, that Uncle Jesse isn’t with us to meet you,†Luke said with a little sadness in his voice

“Do you think he would have approved of me, Luke?†Donna asked

“Donna, he would have adored you. He always wanted Luke to find someone to settle down with,†answered Daisy, who was clearly taking a shine to her new cousin-in-law

“There’s something I still don’t understand. Why did you keep your relationship a secret from us?†asked Bo

“Yeah, if we had have known Luke was getting serious, we could have had the biggest wedding Hazzard has ever seen,†Daisy replied

“Luke was afraid that you two wouldn’t approve of me because of the fact that I’m quite a bit younger that he is, isn’t that right, sweetheart?†Donna said as she gazed into Luke’s eyes

“Where would you get a crazy idea like that, Luke?†Bo asked

“Bo, you’re always the one who teases me about my choice of women. I was trying to protect you from your taunting,†answered Luke

“Gee, Luke, I’m sorry. I didn’t know I was that bad!†Bo said with a quiver in his voice

“It’s alright, Bo, you’re forgiven,†Luke said as he reassured his cousin

It’s now dark in Hazzard. Bo and Daisy were in the living room discussing the day’s events.

“Well, what do you think?†Daisy asked her cousin

“About what? Daisy, be a little more specific,†Bo replied

“About the fact that Luke brought home a wife!†Daisy answered

“Oh, that. She seems to be a nice girl. Boy, whatever she does, she sure makes Luke happy!†Bo said

“Bo, I think it would be nice if Luke and Donna had a second wedding in Hazzard. What do you think?†Daisy asked

“Daisy, that’s a great idea, I love it!†answered an excited Bo

Upstairs, Donna was just stepping out of the shower with her hair dripping wet. She grabbed a towel to dry herself off and another to squeeze the water out of her hair. She then puts on a long, satin, black negligee and blow dries her hair. After that, she heads towards hers and Luke’s bedroom.

“You know, you look beautiful at bedtime!†exclaimed Luke as his new bride entered the bedroom

“You mean it, I mean, you really think so!†Donna said as she had a little doubt in her voice

“Of course, I do! So, what did you think of my cousins?†Luke asked his new bride

“Luke, I think I’ll like it here very much. Bo and Daisy are so nice!†Donna answered with her self-confidence back in herself

“And tomorrow, I’ll take you into Hazzard and meet some more folks. But for now, come a little closer to me,†Luke said as he beckoned Donna to cuddle next to him in bed

Donna and Luke kiss as it is their honeymoon night, since last night they spent at Donna’s mother’s house in separate beds. Luke made sure that everything was perfect as he knew this was Donna’s first time making love to any man. She waited until she got married to make love to Luke.

The next morning, Bo and Luke go to tend to their farm chores. Daisy and Donna were cooking breakfast because they knew before too long, two hungry men would be coming through that door soon enough.

After the chores were done and breakfast was over, Luke took Donna outside to show her something.

“So, this is the General Lee. What year is it?†a curious Donna asked

“It’s a 1969 Dodge Charger,†Luke answered in a loving tone of voice

“It’s even older than I am!†Donna said with a chuckle

“Hop in, I’ll take you into town. I should warn you, you’ll have to slide in through the window. Bo and I welded the doors shut so that it would be like a race car,†Luke explained as he helped Donna in the General

“Luke, I had no idea that you owned such a cool car. At all of our secret rendezvous, you always drove your white pickup truckâ€, Donna said as Luke climbed in the General

“Well, actually, Bo and I co-own the General. We each paid half the purchase price. Let’s rollâ€, Luke said as he started up the General

Luke and Donna arrive in town square. Donna digs out a piece of paper out of her purse.

“Luke, I’m going over to the post office to photocopy some resumes and drop some off while I’m here,†said Donna as her and Luke got out of the General

“Okay, honey. I’ll meet you across the street at Cooter’s garage,†Luke answered.

Luke kisses his wife and heads over to Cooter’s. He could hear the roar of laughter from a distance. He finds Cooter inside playing poker with two other men.

“Hey, Luke! Now what’s this rumour that I hear about you running off and getting married!†Cooter asked as Luke entered the garage

“Cooter, who told you?†Luke asked

“Oh, Bo’s been announcing it over the Hazzard net. So when do I get to meet the bride?†Cooter asked Luke as he was dealing cards

“Well, she’s over at the post office photocopying resumes. She’s trying to find a job in Hazzard,†Luke explains to Cooter

“So it’s true, you really did get married. Luke, you remember my cousins, LB and BB. They’re her for a Davenport reunion and a hot game of poker,†Cooter replied

“Hey, Luke, do you remember when we fixed up the army tanker and Boss’s two cronies got caught with stolen cigarettes!†LB said with laughter

“I remember that very well! So, where are you two moonlighting at these days?†Luke asked

“Well, I’m living in Savannah and LB’s living in Augusta. We’re both still single, lonely, mechanics,†BB answered

Just then, Donna walks in. She stands over next to Luke and holds his hand.

“Cooter Davenport, this is my wife, Donna Mae, nee Anderson. Cooter’s the best auto mechanic in Hazzard!†said Luke as he smiled at Donna

“Wow, I feel like I know you already. Nice to finally meet you, Cooter. Luke’s told me a lot about you,†Donna answered as she shook hands with Cooter

“He neglected to tell me about you, but that’s okay. Welcome to Hazzard, Mrs. Duke!†replied Cooter

“Oh, and these are Cooter’s cousins, LB and BB Davenport. They live out of town,†said Luke as he pointed to them

“Is that so, I’m originally from Atlanta myself!†answered Donna as she watched Luke looking out to the street

Just then, Luke notices Rosco peeling a piece of tape off a parking sign.

“Cooter, we better go. It looks like Rosco’ trying to write me a ticket for something I didn’t do,†said Luke

“Bye, now!†Cooter answers as Luke and Donna run outside

“Luke, I’m really surprised that your friend, Cooter, didn’t say something about our age difference,†said Donna in astonishment

“Cooter’s not the type to be prejudice against anyone. If anyone in Hazzard can’t see anything past our age difference in our relationship, then they ought to be ashamed of themselves!†Luke explained to his bride

Luke and Donna kiss, unaware that Rosco, Cletus, and Enos, are watching them from behind the bushes. The trio approach them.

“Alright, Luke Duke, here’s your ticket!†Rosco said with a mischievous grin

“Rosco, what’s this for?†Luke asked he was handed the ticket

“For kissing in public and for parking General Lee in a fire zone,†Rosco answered

“Sheriff, that’s crazy! First of all, there was no sign stating that the parking spot is a fire zone and second, is it really a crime for a man to kiss his wife in public? I ain’t never heard of a law making it illegal for married couples to show affection in public,†said Donna in an angry tone

“Married? Did you said married?†asked Rosco

“That’s right, Rosco. Me and Miss Donna Mae Anderson tied the knot two days ago in Atlanta!†Luke replied in a happy tone

“Possum on a gumbush! Congratulations, Luke and Donna!†said Enos in a surprised voice as he shook hands with the newlyweds

“Thank you, Enos!†Luke answered

“Well, you finally took the plunge into marriage. Best of luck to both of you!†Cletus said as he also shook hands with the couple

“Thanks, Cletus!†Luke answered

“Will you two dipsticks, hush! You’re still getting a ticket,†Rosco said in an angry tone

“For what now?†asked an angry Luke

“Bribing an officer,†answered Rosco

“Luke, what are we going to do?†asked a panicked Donna

“Don’t worry, honey, just come with me!†Luke said as he grabbed Donna’s hand

Both of them hop in the General and speed away. If you’re all wondering what Enos is doing back in Hazzard, it’s simple. Besides the fact that Enos was missing Daisy, Rosco wanted to have a detective on his police force to keep Hazzard safe, he knew he could trust Enos with the job.

Luke and Donna fly in the General, hoping that Rosco doesn’t follow them.

“Luke, is the law around here always that backward?†a curious Donna asked

“No, it’s only Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane that’s backward. He’s been out to get me and Bo for years on some false charge or another,†Luke answered as he concentrated on driving the General

“What about the other two officers, do they always believe in their superior’s motives?†Donna asked

“Well, Enos Strate and Cletus Hogg, they sometimes help us Dukes out. As a matter of fact, Enos almost married my cousin Daisy twice. Neither one could get through the wedding,†explained Luke

“I guess I can trust Enos. What’s Cletus like?†Donna asked

“Well, Cletus’ late cousin, Jefferson Davis Hogg, pretty much ran Hazzard County’s lawmen when he was Boss, he hated us. Cletus is the exact opposite of Boss Hogg, he likes us Dukes,†replied Luke

“There’s two officers that I could talk to about dropping the charges against you. Do you think it would work, though?†Donna asked again

“It’s possible, but we better get a backup plan with Bo and Daisy in case this one fails,†Luke said

Rosco finally catches up with General Lee.

“Oh, no, Rosco’s on our tail. Let’s try to lose him!†Luke said as he sees Rosco’s flashing lights

“Luke, how are we gonna do that?†asked a curious Donna

“Don’t worry, Donna, we’ll jump the bridge with the General!†Luke answered

“Lukas Kenneth Duke! I don’t believe you!†Donna said

“Bo and I jumped this bridge many times!†Luke said as he reassured Donna

Luke jumps the General successfully over the bridge and toots the Dixie horn.

“Wow, I can’t believe how fun that was. Can you teach me to drive like that?†Donna asked as she caught her breath

“Anything to make my wife happy!†Luke answered as he smiled at Donna

Rosco tries to jump but crashes his car into the river. He gets out of the car with his fists in the air.

“I’ll get you Dukes!†said an angry Rosco

Luke and Donna stop to look back at Rosco all drenched.

“Ha,ha! Well, Luke, I guess you showed him!†said Donna as she laughed

They drive away and soon head to the Duke farm. Luke and Donna walk into the kitchen. Donna is still in shock over Luke jumping the General.

“Hey, Donna, what do you think of Hazzard?†Daisy asked as Donna stood in front of her

“To be honest, I think I’ll like it here. I hate to say it, but I think the Sheriff is a lunatic!†Donna replied

“Don’t worry about Rosco. He just likes to catch us Dukes,†Bo answered

“Oh, Luke explained the whole story to me about the probation situation ,†said Donna

“Hey, Bo, Cooter’s cousins, BB and LB are in town for a few days. I took Donna over to meet Cooter and they just happened to be there playing poker,†Luke said

“What are they up to these days?†asked Bo

“They’re still single, both working as mechanics. LB’s in Savannah and BB’s in Augusta,†Luke answered

“I’m still shocked about Luke jumping the General over the river. He’s gonna teach me how to do it!†Donna said in a surprised way

“Yeah, we wouldn’t have had to only Rosco was chasing us,†Luke said

“Chasing you for what!†Daisy asked

“Rosco tried to give us a ticket for kissing in public and for parking the General in a fire zone. Daisy, Luke and I saw him ripping the tape off the sign before we got there. I never heard of a law saying you can’t kiss your husband in public!†Donna answered in an angry tone

“What did Enos and Cletus have to say? Most of the time they like to disobey Rosco’s orders,†Daisy said

“They just stood there in disbelief that Rosco gave us the ticket,†Luke answered

“Well, we’ll get the record set straight. I’ll look up the laws and statutes of Hazzard on my laptop,†Daisy replied as she headed to the computer

Daisy and Donna were both reading at the same time. They came to the conclusion that Rosco was lying.

“So, Rosco has a false charge on Luke. What should be do now?†Donna asked Daisy

“Simple, we take this case to court!†Daisy answered

“There’s just one problem, Rosco’s the justice of the peace around here!†Luke said

“Luke, aren’t you forgetting, I’ve got connections in Atlanta. Judge Fletcher can help us, after all, he did marry us and he’s also mama’s first cousin,†Donna responded

“Donna, no wonder your family thinks you’re the smart one. Why didn’t I think of that?†Luke said as he kissed Donna

Donna gets on the phone and calls her connections in Atlanta. She does get in touch with Judge Fletcher. They have a chat and Donna comes back in with some news. Bo, Luke, and Daisy wait anxiously in the next room.

“Good news, Judge Fletcher has agreed to look into this case. He’s gonna get back to me sometime this week. He’s a very busy man,†said Donna

“Wonderful, now we’ll all be like sitting ducks just waiting for Rosco to pluck us,†said Bo

Bo and Luke head outside to do some more chores while Daisy and Donna get lunch ready and have a little girl talk too.

“Hey, Luke, how did you snag a girl like Donna? I mean, you don’t usually hold on to one girl forever,†Bo asked his cousin

“Well, cousin, the first time our eyes met, I knew that I wanted to get to know her better. The more time I spent with her, the more I liked about her. We met at a bar in Atlanta where she was the karaoke hostess. I noticed she was looking over my way when she wasn’t sings, so being the gentleman that I was, I asked if I could join her and she said yes. I got up to sing a few songs with her afterward and she invited me back every weekend since then,†Luke explained to Bo

“That’s nice, so what happened next?†Bo asked

“Well, after she was done for the evening, we would go back to her apartment and just talk. I had to make a commitment to her because I didn’t want to lose her like I did with Amy Creavy, Candy Dix, and Anita Blackwell,†Luke answered

“So, is that why you asked her to marry you?†Bo asked

“Exactly! We had to carefully plan everything in order to keep it a surprise to everyone so that they wouldn’t disapprove of each other,†Luke said

“How did you get her to come to Hazzard?†Bo asked

“That was easy, she was tired of the city life and wanted a change,†Luke answered

“So, tell me, does Donna have any single girl friends for me?†Bo asked anxiously

“There’s hope for you yet, Bo. She does have a few single friends she could hook you up with,†Luke replied with a speck of sarcasm

“Listen, Luke, me and Daisy were talking, how about if we throw you and Donna a nice Hazzard wedding!†Bo said

“Bo, that’s great! Just as long as Donna agrees, though!†Luke said

Meanwhile, Daisy and Donna were talking about how she met up with Luke.

“Donna, Bo and I were talking that it would be nice if you and Luke had a wedding here in Hazzard!†said Daisy

“Oh, Daisy, I always dreamed of wearing a white wedding dress and walking down the aisle in a church. But, my papa’s dead, so who’s gonna give me away?†Donna asked

“Cooter could do that! He’s been in lots of weddings. He’s a true friend to us Dukes, he’s there when we need him. You can get married in the Methodist church by Reverend Phillips, he’s the pastor of the church,†Daisy exclaimed

“Oh, Daisy, this all sounds too good to be true. I’ll have to invite mama and grandma and my cousins, Mickey and Heidi, since they were the only witnesses at our Atlanta wedding,†Donna said excitedly

Just then, Bo and Luke enter the living room. Luke could see the big smile on Donna’s face.

“Oh, Luke, oh, honey, we’re gonna have our dream wedding here in Hazzard! Isn’t it exciting!†Donna said excitedly as she hugged and kissed Luke

“It sure is. We’ll all make sure that everything goes according to plan,†Luke said as he reassured his bride

The Dukes sat up and discussed wedding plans until it was time to eat and sleep.

The next day, Donna decides to go into town to do a little business. She gets into her car, but it doesn’t start. She finds Luke and Bo feeding the goats and chickens.

“Luke, I seem to have a little trouble with my car and I was going to change my driver’s licence and registration to reflect the fact that I’m a married woman. I was also going to transfer my savings into the Hazzard bank,†Donna explained to her husband

“No problem, sweetheart. Take the General into town and do what you have to do,†Luke answered as he tossed the keys to Donna

“Thanks, maybe I’ll ask Cooter to tow my car into town so he can look at it,†answered Donna

Daisy comes outside and sees Donna climbing in the General’s driver’s side.

“Hey, Donna, are you going into town?†Daisy asked

“I got a little business to do, want to join me?†Donna said to Daisy

“Sure, I got to make the property tax payment at the bank,†Daisy said to Donna

“Hop in!†Donna said

Donna and Daisy take off with the General unaware that someone was watching them in the bushes.

“Kew, kew, kew, I got ‘em this time, velvet ears!†Rosco said to Toodles

Rosco pulls out with his patrol car and starts chasing the General.

“Enos, Cletus, do you got yours ears on?†Rosco asked

“Yes, Sheriff Rosco!†Enos and Cletus said driving together

“General Lee’s heading down your way. I want you to stop them. You got it?†Rosco asked

“Right away, Sheriff!†Enos and Cletus said

Just then, Daisy and Donna notice Rosco following them with the lights and sirens on.

“Daisy, why is he chasing us. I know I’m not speeding. I’ve never had an officer stop me before for anything!†Donna said as she panicked

“Because, he thinks we’re Bo and Luke. He’s always trying to stop them for some false charge,†Daisy said as she calmed Donna down

Enos and Cletus appear from the other direction.

“Oh, no, it’s the other two officers coming the other way. I better stop to be neighbourly,†Donna said to Daisy

Donna stops the General as Rosco, Enos, and Cletus block the General in.

“Alright you Dukes, get out of there!†Rosco said in an angry tone

Rosco realizes he’s got the wrong Dukes as he sees Donna and Daisy sitting in the General.

“Oh, sorry Mrs. Duke. I thought you were that no good husband of yours and his cousin!†Rosco said

“Sheriff, I was on my way in to pay the ticket so you could drop the charges against Luke and me,†Donna answered calmly

“You were! Well, why didn’t you say so!†Rosco replied

“Because you didn’t giver her a chance to talk!†Cletus answered

“Sheriff, I was brought up to know the difference between what’s right or wrong. I always pay my dues and the ones that my loved ones owe,†Donna said

“She’s got you there, Sheriff!†Enos replied

“Hush, you dipstick! What do you mean by that speech?†Rosco asked

“If you drop the charges against Bo and Luke, then we’ll drop our charges!†Daisy answered

“What charges?†Rosco asked

“Mostly false arrest,†said Daisy

“False arrest?†Rosco said

“And false charges. Sheriff, I checked with the state government and they said that if you write up any more tickets for false laws, they can take you to court and fire you as Sheriff. Is that clear?†Donna said

“That’s blackmail!†Rosco said

“That’s right!†Donna replied

“Alright, the charges are dropped. Let ‘em go, boys!†Rosco said with disappointment

Daisy and Donna drive off to town.

Donna pulls up to Cooter’s while Daisy ran over to the bank.

“Daisy, I’ll be over there in a few minutes, okay?†Donna said

“No problem,†Daisy replied

Donna walks into Cooter’s.

“Hey, Cooter!†Donna said as she saw him working on his truck

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t Mrs. Luke Duke!†Cooter said as he saw Donna walking in

“Cooter, you don’t have to be so formal, just call me Donna,†Donna answered

“What can I do for you, Donna?†asked Cooter

“Well, I may need you to tow my car in because it won’t start. I was gong to get it tuned up anyway. Is that a problem?†Donna said

“No problem, I help out all the Dukes, besides, you’re part of the Duke family now!†Cooter responded

“Oh, I have another favour to ask. Luke and I decided to have a proper wedding in Hazzard over at the church. Now, my father died when I was little, so will do me the honour of giving me away at the wedding?†Donna asked

“I’d be honoured. I see Luke loaned you the General to drive,†Cooter said

“Yes, he did, but the Sheriff stopped us because he thought me and Daisy were Bo and Luke. Anyway, I got him to drop the charges against them and us,†Donna explained

“How did you do that?†Cooter asked

“I placed a call to the state government asking them if they had heard of these unusual statutes. They said they never heard of them and if the Sheriff charges us again with them, the state can take him to court,†Donna answered

“How about that, you just did a little shuck and jive. Now you’re really a Duke!†Cooter replied

“I think Luke’s proud of me getting myself out of trouble!†Donna said

“I think so too, I think he’s picked a great lady and he’s lucky to have you. You two have a lot in common,†Cooter said

“Cooter, I got to go. I’ve got to change my car registration and driver’s licence to reflect my new marital status and I got to transfer my money into Hazzard bank. Oh, where’s the motor vehicle department?†Donna asked

“It’s in the Hazzard County building. See you later, Donna,†Cooter answered

Donna gets her registration and licence changed quickly and then meets Daisy at the bank.

“Daisy, I’m sorry it took me so long, but I did get my errands done,†Donna explained

“That’s okay. I was just telling Laverne about how lucky Luke is to haveyou. Oh, Laverne Smith, this is Donna Anderson Duke,†Daisy said

“Pleasure to meet you, Donna Duke!†replied Laverne

“Nice to meet you, Laverne. I sure could use your help. I need to transfer all of my savings from Atlanta to here. Is that a problem?†asked Donna

“No problem,†Laverne answered

Laverne reads Donna’s account number and punches it into her computer as Donna hands over her savings.

“That was simple. Now, all your money is in Hazzard bank,†said Laverne

“Thank you,†Donna replied

“You’re welcome, have a nice day,†Laverne answered

Back at the farm, Daisy and Donna pull in while Bo, Luke, and Cooter were working on Donna’s car. Daisy and Donna get out of the General and walk over to the men.

“I’m back, darling. What’s the problem with my car?†Donna asked as she kissed Luke on the cheek

“Just a bad battery, nothing major,†Cooter answered

“Cooter tells me that was quite a performance you did in order to drop the charges against you and me,†Luke said with a smile

“Luke, I only told the truth. That’s what the judge told me when he called back last night. I acted as calm as I could,†Donna explained

“Honey, I’m really proud of you. You’re now a true Duke, you didn’t even need my help to shuck and jive Rosco,†Luke answered

“Luke, now I think Donna was the right girl for you to marry. She fits in perfectly!†said Bo

“And she can sure hold her own with driving the General,†Daisy said

“That’s because my loving husband gave me driving lessons in his spare time!†replied Donna

The Dukes all share a laugh with Cooter over how Donna proved that she can be just as tough as the rest of the Dukes.

It’s now a few weeks later. Donna’s mama and grandma arrive in town to re-witness Donna and Luke’s wedding day. Janice Anderson was a short woman with silver hair and brown eyes. Helen Cooper was an older version of her daughter, Janice. They’re both dressed up for the wedding as they arrive at the Duke farm. Donna, wearing a long, white wedding dress and matching white shoes, greets them with her hair styled in an upsweep. She was also carrying a bouquet of pink and white carnations.

“Oh, mama, grandma, it’s so good to see you again!†Donna said as she hugged both women

“Honey, look at you. That wedding dress your grandma made is definitely you. It fits you to a tee!†Janice answered

“I’m gonna treasure my dress for the rest of my life. It’ll always be a reminder of you, grandma,†Donna said

“Honeychild, don’t talk about me dying yet. The doctor said I’ve got the body of a 40 year old,†Helen replied

Just the, Daisy, Bo, and Cooter enter the room. Daisy is dressed in a light pink dress and white shoes. Bo and Cooter are dressed in black tuxedos.

“Mama, grandma, I want you to meet Luke’s cousins, Daisy and Bo. And this is Cooter Davenport, Luke’s friend. Cooter’s agreed to give me away at the wedding,†Donna said

“Nice to finally meet Donna’s mama and grandma. She talks about you all the time,†Bo said as he shook hands with both women

“Welcome to Hazzard, ladies. You’re quite welcome to stay her if you like,†Daisy said

“Thank you, Daisy, we might consider that,†Janice answered

“You’ve got a fine daughter and granddaughter. Luke’s a very lucky man!†Cooter responded

“Thank you, young man,†Helen replied

“Speaking of Luke, where is he?†Donna asked

Luke was walking down the stairs as he heard his name mentioned. He looked handsome in his black tuxedo. He was clean shaven, Donna never saw him without his goatee, but she immediately loved his new look.

“Luke, what made you decide to shave off your goatee?†asked Donna

“Well, I know it was tickling you every time we kissed, so I decided never to grow it back!†answered Luke

“I think you look even more handsome and sexier without it!†said Donna

“It’s nice to see you again, Luke. I hope you’re taking good care of my baby,†Janice said

“Don’t worry, Mrs. Anderson, I promise, I’ll never hurt her,†Luke said to his mother-in-law

“Luke, you’re such a cute man, take good care of my granddaughter, she means a lot to me,†Helen said

“Mrs. Cooper, she means everything to me and more, I can promise you that,†Luke answered to his grandmother-in-law

“Oh, Luke, you can just call us Janice and Helen, we’re not formal people you know,†Janice said

“Okay, Janice and Helen,†Luke answered

“We better get to the church before everyone wonders where we are!†said Bo

Everyone pulls up to the church in plenty of time. Luke was driving the General while Bo and Cooter were his passengers. Daisy drove Donna’s car with Donna and her mama and grandma in the backseat.

Reverend Phillips joined Bo and Luke at the alter. He was a tall, thin, bald man. Luke couldn’t wait to see Donna again, even though he only saw her a few minutes ago.

“Bo, do you have the ring on you?†Luke asked

“Right here in my pocket,†Bo responded

“That’s good, I hope you don’t lose it on me during the service,†Luke replied

“Luke, you can trust me, you did pick me to be your best man,†said Bo

“That’s right, I did,†answered Luke

“Gentlemen, I think we’re ready to start,†said Reverend Phillips

The organist starts to play the wedding march. Daisy makes it down the aisle. She looked radiant in her light pink dress as she held a bouquet of pink carnations. Donna then makes it down the aisle as she held onto Cooter’s hand. The organist stops once the bride reached the alter.

“Who gives away this woman?†Reverend Phillips asked

“I do,†Cooter answered and then had a seat

“Very well. Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony. If anyone objects to this union, speak now or forever hold their peace,†said Reverend Phillips

No one objected to this union.

“Very well then. Do you, Lukas Kenneth Duke, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife, for better or worse, in sickness and in health, till death do you part, as long as you both shall live?†the Reverend asked

“I do!†Luke said as he smiled at Donna

“And do you, Donna Mae Anderson, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband, for better or worse, in sickness and in health, till death do you part, as long as you both shall live?†the Reverend asked

“I do!†Donna said as she smiled at Luke

“The rings, please,†said the Reverend

Bo hands Luke the ring.

“Place the ring on the bride’s left ring finger and repeat after me ‘with this ring, I thee wed’,†said the Reverend

“With this ring, I thee wed,†Luke said as he placed the ring on Donna’s finger

Daisy hands Donna the ring.

“Place the ring on the groom’s left ring finger and repeat after me ‘with this ring, I thee wed’,†said the Reverend

“With this ring, I thee wed,†Donna said as she placed the ring on Luke’s finger

Luke, Donna, Bo, and Daisy head over to sign the register.

“By the power vested in me and by the State of Georgia, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride,†said the Reverend

Luke and Donna kiss passionately and then descend down the aisle and then outside the church. The General Lee was all decorated with ‘Just Married’ signs on the back and cans tied to the back bumper. They all decided to head over to the gazebo for some wedding pictures before heading to the Boar’s Nest for the reception.

The Boar’s Nest was all decorated for a Hazzard County reception. The tables were dressed with white tablecloths and scented candles. Pink and white streamers were hung from the ceiling. The head table was over by the stage along with the master of ceremonies podium. The wedding car was a three tier adorned with pink iced flowers.

The wedding party arrived just after the guests did. The MC for the reception was none other than Cooter.

“Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you Luke and Donna Duke,†Cooter said

With that said, everyone sat down to exchange a few toasts and stories about the newlyweds past lives. A delicious turkey dinner was served along with the wedding cake, after which the newlyweds fed to each other.

Since the bride was a karaoke DJ, she decided to provide the entertainment at her own wedding after getting a steady gig at the Boar’s Nest. Luke and Donna sang a lot of songs together, ‘Golden Ring’ by George Jones & Tammy Wynette, ‘Islands in the Stream’ by Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton, ‘Feelings’ by Conway Twitty & Loretta Lynn, and ‘Jackson’ by Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash. Bo and Daisy sang a couple of songs together for the wedding dance, ‘If I Needed You’ by Don Williams & Emmylou Harris and ‘You and I ’ by Eddie Rabbit & Crystal Gayle . Everyone had a great time and wished that the night never ended.

A few of Donna’s relatives were at the wedding. Her cousins, Mickey and Heidi Cooper, are twin brother and sister. They came with their parents, Jack and Nancy Cooper. Luke’s cousins, Coy, Vance, and Jeb Stuart Duke, were also at the wedding. Donna felt that she owed an apology to Rosco, so she invited him to the wedding along with Enos and Cletus. Rosco took his sister, Lulu, with him. Even Emery and Mabel Potter were at the wedding along with Laverne and Molly Tizdale, the new postmistress.

Helen was sitting with her children, Janice and Jack, when she heard a familiar voice.

“Helen, Helen Burns Cooper, is that you?†the voice said

“It sure is. Oh my, Lulu Hogg, how are you?†answered Helen

“I’m fine, even though I’m lonesome without J.D.,†replied Lulu

“Lulu, you remember my children, Janice and Jack. This is my old school friend, Lulu Coltrane Hogg,†Helen said

“Yes, I remember both of you. Janice, I had no idea that your daughter is Luke’s new bride!†replied Lulu

“Donna couldn’t wait for me to meet Luke. Her eyes lit up every time she mentioned his name. I was a little worried about their relationship because of the age difference, but once I met him, I thought he was a fine gentleman,†Janice answered

“I always liked Luke, even though J.D. and my brother, Rosco, hated him and Bo. They couldn’t see the good that I saw in those boys!†Lulu replied

“Yeah, Donna had a run in with Rosco, but she didn’t realize he was your brother until I told her. She felt bad about it, so that’s why she invited him to the wedding,†said Helen

“I think they make a cute couple,†Lulu said

“Okay, all you single ladies, gather around here so that one of you can catch my bouquet!†Donna said

All the single women, Daisy, Laverne, Janice, Helen, Heidi, and Molly were fighting for the chance to catch the bouquet.

“One, two, three!†Donna said as she tossed her bouquet

Laverne caught the bouquet. After that, Luke pulled the garter off Donna’s leg.

“Now, it’s time for all the single men to gather around!†Luke said

Bo, Mickey, Enos, Cletus, Rosco, Coy, Vance, and Jeb Stuart gathered around to catch the garter.

“One, two, three!†Luke said as he tossed the garter

Cletus caught the garter. He then placed it on Laverne’s leg. Luke and Donna watched this moment together.

“Ah, Luke! Don’t they make a cute couple?†Donna asked

“Sure do. I’ve never seen Cletus blush so much!†Luke replied

It was time to depart from the Boar’s Nest. Luke and Donna hopped into the decorated General Lee and headed to the Hazzard Hotel for the honeymoon.

The End