Season Two episodes!

Once the second season DVD comes out in two weeks, everyone can watch the episodes in the order that they make sense.

The original airdates were really messed up: for instance, we see Daisy driving her jeep in "Arrest Jesse Duke", but we don't see her getting the jeep as a present until a couple of weeks later in "The Runaway". In some episodes, you didn't know whether she was going to be driving the plymouth or the jeep.

Same goes with Rosco's and Cooter's replacements. You didn't know whether Rosco or Cooter were going to be in the episode or their replacements (even though both sets of replacements weren't in the same episode).

Hughie Hogg was featured in "Arrest Jesse Duke", but his introduction episode didn't come until next season in "Uncle Boss", featuring Daisy's plymouth and Enos (by that time was on his own show).

L.B. Davenport was in "The Runaway", "Follow That Still", and "Duke of Duke". B.B. Davenport was in "Grannie Annie". That's four Cooter wasn't in.

Hughie Hogg was in "Arrest Jesse Duke". Lester Crabbe was in "Treasure of Hazzard". Grady Byrd was in "Jude Emery" and "Officer Daisy Duke". Buster Moon was in "The Return of the Ridge Raiders". That's five Roscoe wasn't in.

What's my point in all of this, it's simple. The airdates in the following seasons made more sense than in season two.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen on various episode guides that they were shown out of production order. Does anyone have enough time on their hands to put the episodes of season two in such an order so they make sense? It'd be nice to watch them in "chronological" order, unless they do that for you on the dvd. Shucks, that'd be nice, but they probably keep them in order of their airing date.

A lot of tv shows air the episodes in different order than the order in which they were produced. One of the big factors with this is "Sweeps" week. I believe with the second season, in the middle of the five eps that are missing Rosco, "Find Loretta Lynn" is in there. Rosco's there, and so is Daisy's yellow Plymouth. This episode aired during a "sweeps" week.

I'd be willing to bet that subsequent seasons also had episodes aired in a different order than they were filmed, we just don't notice any obvious difference (like two different cars, ala Daisy and her Jeep/Plymouth). LOL