Blizzard of '08

i've been wanting a blizzard all year and i finally got one for my birthday.lol how much snow are ya'll gettin outa this? up here in north central ohio, we're supposed to get about a foot! so far i think we got 3 or 4 inches. we had like 2 inches by 2 pm. they let us out of school a little early cause of it.

Happy Birthday, Dixie!

Happy Birthday!!

We're supposed to get about a foot of snow too. With heavy winds.

Added to the 8 feet we already got this winter it makes for a lot of snow even by Canadian standards. LOL

You know it's bad here when there is reports of avalanches at the snow depots! 2 this year. They are above and beyond capacity and the city's budget is spent.

We're beating records from the 1940s. Crazy winter.

Pardon my ignorance Kit but what to you mean by level 3?

I know about hurricane winds levels but we don't really use them here. Are there some for snow storm too?

I would gladly report the situation here at this moment but I can barely see outside.

I spotted a few car advancing slowly with their hazard lights flashing. That means that the visibility must be down to zero.

Oh boy. Lights flashed a little while I typed. I hope we don't have a power outage.

A level 3 is where no cars aloud on the roads unless it's a cop car or some time of emergency vehicle.

There are times I can't even see across the road. It so deep where I live that very time my dog goes out I have type rope around his tail so i can find him.

:rofl:

A level 3 is where no cars aloud on the roads unless it's a cop car or some time of emergency vehicle.

There are times I can't even see across the road. It so deep where I live that very time my dog goes out I have type rope around his tail so i can find him.

we have been under a level 3 since about 7 or 8 this morning. i think we still are! it just stopped snowing so they should be able to start clearing off the roads i hope.

His tail? LOL!! My neighbour has to put a leash on her tiny dog otherwise he disappears under the snow.

No cars! Yes I remember that a journalist wrote a few years ago that he was in the States and was driving on the highway. He figured no one was on the streets because of the storm but then a cop stopped him and told him about cars not being allowed out. The frozen cop made the journalist follow him all the way to the police station where he checked his I.D. (there was some confusion with Quebec drivers licences at the time) and explained the rules over hot chocolate. Once thawed, the cop was in a better mood and didn't give a fine to the journalist.

We don't have that here. We're advised to stay inside but if you feel courageous (or stupid depending on one's point of view) you can go out.