I have a question

PGM77

Hello I'm new to the fourm. And I have a question. Has anybody ever been to Covington, GA were the filmed some of the episodes. I went there for the first time last weekend when I was in Atlanta and I know this may sound crazy but it brought tears to my eyes. I felt like I was actually in Hazzard. I kept waiting for Bo Luke and Roscoe to come running out the court house any min lol. Allthough it wasn't really Hazzard but all the same it was very cool :D

Howdy there, welcome to HazzardNet!

Yeah, I've been to Covington, tho' it was back in....oh, 1999. It was cool seeing the courthouse that was used in the first few eps. Also got to see the original Boar's Nest building, the junkyard, and I drove around on some of the same roads that were used in filming. Lotsa fun.

Probably wouldn't make the trip again, since Atlanta has sprawled out so much that Covington is practically eaten up as a suburb. The town square, however, is charming enuff that I might be tempted. Was there still an Ace Hardware store on the square? Man, they had the best praline fudge. Homemade, sold out of a little pan right by the cash register. Yummy.

Brian