Uncle Boss

If I had to guess I'd say it was suppose to air real early in the second season. I say that because in the first season and 2nd episode of the 2nd season the titles of the episodes didn't have quotes around them when they show them at the beginning of each episode but all the episodes after that do. Uncle Boss does not. And yes I'm aware that, that's a really strange thing to notice. :lol:

I'm glad somebody else brought this up in a post. I personally feel about this the way I feel about the whole chronological order of the show.

Starting out with Uncle Boss. I can definitely say for sure that this was supposed to be an early season two episode. According to the Dukes of Hazzard Companion book, because of the order CBS aired them, Arrest Jesse Duke is described as the first appearance of Hughie Hogg. But if you watch these episodes, Boss doesn't make a big deal over Hughie as he does in Uncle Boss, whereas Boss says he'll have to bring in his "Secret Weapon" against the Dukes. This was actually suposed to be Hughie's debut on the series because of this fanfare.

Other indications of it being an early season two episode are:

1: Enos Strate is still deputy obviously.

2. Once again, the reappearance of Daisy's yellow Plymouth after it was destroyed in the Runaway.

3. Bo and Luke's hairstyles are shorter than the recent season three episodes

4. Luke's wearing the plain blue shirt again.

5. Flash is not around yet.

6. Cooter's five o clock shadow is back.

7. The music on the trailer is the same music used on the trailers of Days of Shine and Roses, the Meeting, and Road Pirates.

8. They were still filming on the Walt Disney Ranch, but then again, so were the Carnival of Thrills and Baa Baa White Sheep.

9. For the last reason, I repeat my statement of the fanfare used to introduce Hughie Hogg as Boss's secret weapon against the Dukes.

The shuffling up of the chornological order has never made any sense. CBS did it and so did syndication in two different ways.

When I view my DVDs and old tape recordings off TNN, I put Uncle Boss in between Days of Shine and Roses and Gold Fever. I also watch Find Loretta Lynn in the early half of season two because of the presence of Daisy's Plymouth and the presence of both Cooter and Rosco before they took their leaves from the show. I also prefer the non Cooter episodes together and the non Rosco episodes together, just so that the show will make better sense.

But anyway, that's just me. I'm glad to have the first three seasons out on DVD and I eagerly look forward to season four this summer.

Cheers.

Will Rodgers

The Voice Man

• 2 months later...