100 Years Ago Tonight...

CDoherty95

Hey y'all :)

As I'm sure most of you know all about the Titanic, and what happened to her. Well I can't believe I'm saying this but it's been 100 years since the Titanic sank, along with the death of first,second, and third class citizens, along with most of the crew.

I'd just like everyone to pause for a moment, and remember the 1514 unfortunate souls. Some of them could have been like you, beginning a holiday and looking forward to rest and relaxation. Or maybe they felt that their country had no more to offer, and were emigrating to start a new life.

You don't have to have any sort of faith to do this, for instance I'm atheist and I'm still taking a minute out to remember the 1514 unfortunate souls.

And just incase you're having a hard time imagining 1514 people gone, try to imagine everybody that you have ever known, or maybe possibly everyone from HNet (is there that many members?). I hope that helps.

But seriously, let's all take a minute to remember the dead...

Hey y'all :)

As I'm sure most of you know all about the Titanic, and what happened to her. Well I can't believe I'm saying this but it's been 100 years since the Titanic sank, along with the death of first,second, and third class citizens, along with most of the crew.

I'd just like everyone to pause for a moment, and remember the 1514 unfortunate souls. Some of them could have been like you, beginning a holiday and looking forward to rest and relaxation. Or maybe they felt that their country had no more to offer, and were emigrating to start a new life.

You don't have to have any sort of faith to do this, for instance I'm atheist and I'm still taking a minute out to remember the 1514 unfortunate souls.

And just incase you're having a hard time imagining 1514 people gone, try to imagine everybody that you have ever known, or maybe possibly everyone from HNet (is there that many members?). I hope that helps.

But seriously, let's all take a minute to remember the dead...

As a Titanic historian since I was 12, I'm well aware of how special today is. By now all of the survivors were rescued and the shock and disbelief of the sinking is spreading all over the world. To those over 1500 souls that died, may you rest in peace...