The Series Final Episode...

I finally watched it today and it left me rather unsatisfied, it felt more like "just another episode" than the series final episode. It didn't seem like they cared much for it, like they just wanted to be done with it?

That being said, it's still a good season and I enjoyed seeing Hughie Hogg again on this final/canceled season.

8 hours ago, Philip_Duke said:

I finally watched it today and it left me rather unsatisfied, it felt more like "just another episode" than the series final episode. It didn't seem like they cared much for it, like they just wanted to be done with it?

That being said, it's still a good season and I enjoyed seeing Hughie Hogg again on this final/canceled season.

This is somewhat how I feel. It didn't have the right " Feel" to it, for a final episode.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't know if the cast knew that was going to be the final episode at the time it was filmed. I'm.guessing it was filmed in November/December of 1984 before a holiday break. 

I've been watching commentary about the production of each Knight Rider episode which likely had a similar production schedule to dukes and it seems like the episodes are filmed about 1-2 months before they air once they get to mid season. IE a season premiere might film in June and get shown in september, but by the middle part of the season, the episodes are airing faster than they are filmed, so later on there is less time between when an episode is filmed and when it airs. 

I wonder if there were any episode scripts ready to be filmed had Dukes not been cancelled. 

Edited by Blk95ta

IMDb says that the final episode, 'Opening Night at the Boar's Nest', was filmed between December 20, 1984 and January 2, 1985. That's only just over a month before the original air date of February 8, 1985. Remember that much like Wikipedia, these sections of IMDb are edited by the public, so you might want to double-check the filming dates with another source.