forum nazi at work

Can't, don't have it. The topic was entitled "enough of this" and it went on to say that Uncle Jesse and the characters of the original show weren't real and we just need to get over it, blah blah blah. It wasn't particuarily constructive and it was more of the same individual opinion that had already been scattered around a dozen of his other posts. I made the editorial desicion to remove it based upon content redundancy and the antagonistic nature of the comments. (Had he posted it on an existing thread I probably wouldn't have blinked.)

This resulted in the "Forum Nazi" topic - and really, a true Forum Nazi would have banned his posterior months ago instead of dealing with him one post at a time. But I'm a kind-hearted and sentimental sort of moderator. I'd rather edit or remove an occassional post - and such action is rare - in lieu of hitting the nuke button on the person as a whole.

I don't take much personally, and so the aforementioned party is free to roam and bray and is probably writing more pearls of wisdom as we speak.

That doesn't mean my esteemed peers are gonna feel the same way, though, and if they get cranky, my own shenanigans will pale in comparison.

Brian

It wasn't particuarily constructive and it was more of the same individual opinion that had already been scattered around a dozen of his other posts. I made the editorial desicion to remove it based upon content redundancy...

Then how about removing some "Who would you have cast" or "My idea for the movie" threads... :lol:

It wasn't particuarily constructive and it was more of the same individual opinion that had already been scattered around a dozen of his other posts. I made the editorial desicion to remove it based upon content redundancy...

Then how about removing some "Who would you have cast" or "My idea for the movie" threads... :lol:

fathead.....I just don't think you get it . I think Brian, MaryAnne, Muf'n all do a tremendous job on here to stop that kind of stuff before it gets carried away. Brian did probably the best thing to nip this one in the bud before it erupted .

They have given considerable lead way to Bamamediamafia and his posts. And to their credit they have taken so much from alot of us on here. They have shown a lot of respect for our opinions and thoughts on here and they should be respected for that. Like Brian said, it is very very rare that something is deleted.

Darrell

fathead.....I just don't think you get it . I think Brian, MaryAnne, Muf'n all do a tremendous job on here to stop that kind of stuff before it gets carried away. Brian did probably the best thing to nip this one in the bud before it erupted .

Hey folks, I was just joking around, hence the smiley...!

I expect that the mods must be doing a great job... I was just curious as to what content was deleted. I actually like reading what bamamediamafia has to say. I find he's got a different spin on stuff and is actually involved in the movie personally. But I'm sure that's hard for some die-hard fans to swallow.

Anyway, everybody keep up the good DOH snoopin'.

No harm done, Fathead, I figured you were just goofin' around. The overwhelming majority of the posts on this site are never touched, because we've got a great group of people on HazzardNet. I'm lucky to be of any use around here!

And yeah, every now and then Bama says something of material interest, and I take the rest with a grain of salt. He's not being persecuted or nothin', so not to worry. ( That doesn't mean I won't fire back if fired upon, tho'.)

Die-hard fans can handle the opinions of the less-rabid crowd - but anybody can get touchy about the tone of a message. We're all human.

Awright - back to the usual shenanigans!

Brian

(ps - thanks ya'll for the kind words in the above posts )

I agree with brian and capt. I have been known to say some pretty tough things, usually after reading a post that made no sense, like banning the movie, and my other rants. But local law does a good job to keep this in line. Also referring to someone like a nazi isnt very nice there bama, in whatever context you meant it to be. Just remember that there is alot of things that can be said about people from bama.

S'awright, we're all cool. I know that JBama01 ain't the same as bamamediamafia - nor do we take any particular user to represent their state as a whole.

And I've got nothin' against bamamedia. He's been merrily posting away some interesting stuff about joblo.com. Once in awhile, he's taken a potshot at me, but so have a few others over the years. When people get bored, sometimes they'll fight with the moderator for something to do. Ain't no big deal.

Thanks ya'll -

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Being a Moderator is a thankless job and our three do an exceptional job. And Brian, if you are being picked on, then it just means that we care. Plus, it's no fun to pick on someone without any power. You have to test the limits every now and then to see what is acceptable and what isn't.