GENERAL LEE: Driving and Riding Shotgun: Which do you prefer

Howdy from Hazzard Tn.

When it comes to Bo and Luke in the General Lee, there's something I'd like to know. There are two distinct ways in which the Dukes handled General Lee.

THE EXCLUSIVE SET UP:

Bo drives. Luke rides shotgun. Seasons 1 &2

THE ROTATION SET UP:

Bo and Luke both drive and ride shotgun 50/50

Seasons 3-7

Which way do you prefer?

Being a Luke Duke fan, I liked it when Luke began driving the car on a more regular basis starting in season three and beyond as opposed to his occassional drving time during the first two years. Now I love it when Bo drives, becuase when he drives, he defines fun and has the makings of a NASCAR driver. On the flip side, I also like it whenever Luke drives because Luke is the eldest cousin, he has experience and he's the brains of the family. I also feel Luke had to have helped Jesse teach Bo and Daisy how to drive when they reached driving age.

I also wonder who decided that Luke should drive more, Tom Wopat? An executive? Gy Waldron? Who knows? I'm just glad it happened that way.

What are your thoughts?

Cheers.

Will Rodgers

The Voice Man

It never mattered to me who drove they were both GREAT!!! I'm more of a Luke fan myself so it was good when he drove. Maybe Luke is a lot like me I love to drive but when I'm in the car alone for two reasons -- one - noone is there to tell me how I should drive; two - if someone is with me I would rather them drive so I can look around and talk to them.

Has anyone noticed that about 9 out of 10 times the General Lee is jumped by Bo it lands front first?

When Luke jumps him 9 out of 10 times it lands back end first -- thus not crushing the front.

I wonder if it was planned that way or coencidence??????? I intended to ask the stunt team at Duke Fest 04 but didn't remember while I was close to them -- maybe this year.

DixieDavenport

My best friend liked Bo more so we would argue over who jumped the best and did the least damage!! LOL

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would have to say that I liked Bo driving a little better than Luke, but I had also enjoyed watching Luke drive. They both had thier own way of doing things. It all had seemed to work well with Bo driving...Bo drove while Luke worked out the plans. ;)

And as for why Tom didn't drive very much at first, I heard somewhere that it was Tom's choice, that he perferred riding shot gun. I can't remember where I heard it from...maybe from one of the extras on a DVD set. That's what I heard. . . :)

~Garrett Duke~

I would have to say that I liked Bo driving a little better than Luke, but I had also enjoyed watching Luke drive. They both had thier own way of doing things. It all had seemed to work well with Bo driving...Bo drove while Luke worked out the plans. ;)

And as for why Tom didn't drive very much at first, I heard somewhere that it was Tom's choice, that he perferred riding shot gun. I can't remember where I heard it from...maybe from one of the extras on a DVD set. That's what I heard. . . :)

~Garrett Duke~

I prefer seeing Bo drive since I believe the General to be more his car. In the first episode we hear that Cooter has Luke's car and that Roscoe took it and that's why Cooter took Roscoe's patrol car. To me Bo was the better driver and that's why he is always driving in races or around Hazzard.

I prefer seeing Bo drive since I believe the General to be more his car. In the first episode we hear that Cooter has Luke's car and that Roscoe took it and that's why Cooter took Roscoe's patrol car. To me Bo was the better driver and that's why he is always driving in races or around Hazzard.

I think I prefer Bo drivin', it's just the way it should be. As Uncle Jesse would say, "It's like goin' to church without yer shirt on, it just don't feel right!" I mean Luke is a wicked driver too, there's no denying that. I just think it's a little bit more fun when Bo drives. And as for Bo always landing front end first, I think that (whether on purpose or not) it reflects on his character, he goes all out and always dives in head first, Luke is a little more cautious, and tends to think things through, more than Bo.

Now if I were driving the General, I'd be behind that wheel pullin' 180's and flying! The only way I'd be the passenger would be if Bo was driving. AAAWWWWWW Bo!

Well that's what I think!

I think I prefer Bo drivin', it's just the way it should be. As Uncle Jesse would say, "It's like goin' to church without yer shirt on, it just don't feel right!" I mean Luke is a wicked driver too, there's no denying that. I just think it's a little bit more fun when Bo drives. And as for Bo always landing front end first, I think that (whether on purpose or not) it reflects on his character, he goes all out and always dives in head first, Luke is a little more cautious, and tends to think things through, more than Bo.

Now if I were driving the General, I'd be behind that wheel pullin' 180's and flying! The only way I'd be the passenger would be if Bo was driving. AAAWWWWWW Bo!

Well that's what I think!

I like it either way. It was nice to see Luke get a chance to drive for a change. Bo seems like he has more fun when he's driving though and I like seeing Luke doing the physical stuff like jumping into other cars, shooting arrows, and grabbing and hanging onto tree limbs. But either way it's still fun and I get to see the General doing his thing.

I like it either way. It was nice to see Luke get a chance to drive for a change. Bo seems like he has more fun when he's driving though and I like seeing Luke doing the physical stuff like jumping into other cars, shooting arrows, and grabbing and hanging onto tree limbs. But either way it's still fun and I get to see the General doing his thing.