Moonrunners Vs. The 2005 Dukes Movie

I'm buying the 1975 movie Moonrunners and I going to watch the new Dukes movie. I've heard that Moonrunners is horrible, but I also know that Moonrunners was the inspiration for the Dukes of Hazzard. With all the hype that is going on with this new movie, I'm starting to feel like this movie will be a real turd. I thought, to make things interesting, I would watch both films and see which one has better characters, better car chases, and, pretty much, which one is the bigger disappointment. If you've seen Moonrunners put in your two cents.

I'm buying the 1975 movie Moonrunners and I going to watch the new Dukes movie. I've heard that Moonrunners is horrible, but I also know that Moonrunners was the inspiration for the Dukes of Hazzard. With all the hype that is going on with this new movie, I'm starting to feel like this movie will be a real turd. I thought, to make things interesting, I would watch both films and see which one has better characters, better car chases, and, pretty much, which one is the bigger disappointment. If you've seen Moonrunners put in your two cents.

i notice the promo pic for ghostrider you have, with nick cage in the lead on that movie, i can already smell that turd coming.

Moonrunners was alright. It didn't really have the comic relief we get from Boss and Rosco, but the guys were all pretty cool, though they weren't as good of guys as Bo and Luke later became. And it had that same vibe of good ol' boys outsmarting someone trying to get the best of them.

As for the new movie, I think Moonrunners will end up being a better movie because it is more of an action movie. And the series had all action and coolness around the Dukes and the comedy from Boss and Rosco, while the movie has made the Duke boys the buffoons instead of Rosco. The movie won't have the coolness to comedy ratio of the series, it will replace the coolness with bad comedy, making it comedy and bad comedy.

In all fairness, Moonrunners had no Moonrunners series preceding it. So they couldn't ruin an established franchise. Broken Lizard seems to be almost deliberately ruining the movie.

Broken Lizard seems to be almost deliberately ruining the movie.

Dale the Bold,

Unfortunately, I tend to agree with you, and what seems worse, from everything I've read, is that Broken Lizard doesn't seem to realize what they are doing. I could handle intentional parody (on the order of last years Starsky and Hutch), but it seems that Broken Lizard has no idea that what it is doing is disrespectful (to my way of thinking).

LS3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think you guys are way off on thinking the new movie will make Bo and Luke into Baffoons. Bo was never to quick on the uptake to begin with. And as far as the origional being cool--only because I was 5 or 6. The General was is and always will be cool but the Duke boys (and I love em) were always a bit Cheezy.

I think you guys are way off on thinking the new movie will make Bo and Luke into Baffoons. Bo was never to quick on the uptake to begin with. And as far as the origional being cool--only because I was 5 or 6. The General was is and always will be cool but the Duke boys (and I love em) were always a bit Cheezy.

Bo was usually shown as being pretty naive, but he did have moments of wisdom - he grew up some after the first few shows. This movie does make them both out to be buffoons - including Luke, which is just wrong - as he was usually seen as the wisest one of the clan (next to Jesse).

As for the show being cheesy - maybe it was, but it's still a classic, I'm well past the age of 5 or 6 and to this day, I think the show is cool - I catch something every time I watch that I didn't catch before.

LS3