Best Reunion Movie Balladeer Don Williams(1997) or Mac Davis(2000)

11 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I'm not a big fan of the reunion shows but I would say Don Williams. I liked him better as a singer too...just sounded more country than Mac Davis....I wonder if Mac was related to Jefferson Davis....probably not.

It's possible but I'd bet money  he's not! Also, I have to agree with you....Don Williams was/is more country/authentic than Mac Davis.

• 7 months later...

Well, I seen them yesterday and I gotta say it was disappointing and sad, at the same time.

Uncle Jesse sort of felt lost and alone and it just didn't feel rigjt, Roscoe should've retired years ago, and Coy, Vance and Hughie Hogg weren't even included for these reunion flicks.

But the one I missed the most? Boss. :(

However, I did enjoy Toby Keith's performance and he's probably glad to be part of it.

3 hours ago, Philip_Duke said:

Well, I seen them yesterday and I gotta say it was disappointing and sad, at the same time.

Uncle Jesse sort of felt lost and alone and it just didn't feel rigjt, Roscoe should've retired years ago, and Coy, Vance and Hughie Hogg weren't even included for these reunion flicks.

But the one I missed the most? Boss. :(

However, I did enjoy Toby Keith's performance and he's probably glad to be part of it.

I didn't like the reunion movies for many reasons but the biggest is what you stated here. There is no way all 3 younger Dukes would have left Jesse alone. They would have called in Coy and Vance at the very least. And there is no way Boss Hogg would die. They should have had him be out of town on business or something. Of course, that would have required a different plot and script. You can tell these reunion shows were written by people who weren't really fans of the show. I doubt they even consulted with any super- fans. 

4 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

You can tell these reunion shows were written by people who weren't really fans of the show. I doubt they even consulted with any super- fans. 

While I'm not disagreeing with most of your post, 'The Dukes of Hazzard:Reunion!' was written by Gy Waldron, so he should've known the characters best of all since he created them. The story for 'The Dukes of Hazzard: Hazzard in Hollywood' was written by Bob Clark, who co-wrote 'Repo Men' in the Georgia-era of season 1. Amongst other things, he also wrote and directed 'Porky's' and 'Porky's II' in the early '80s, so 'Hazzard in Hollywood' could've looked very different!

4 hours ago, HossC said:

While I'm not disagreeing with most of your post, 'The Dukes of Hazzard:Reunion!' was written by Gy Waldron, so he should've known the characters best of all since he created them. The story for 'The Dukes of Hazzard: Hazzard in Hollywood' was written by Bob Clark, who co-wrote 'Repo Men' in the Georgia-era of season 1. Amongst other things, he also wrote and directed 'Porky's' and 'Porky's II' in the early '80s, so 'Hazzard in Hollywood' could've looked very different!

That makes it all the more confusing. You would think the people involved with it all , would've done a MUCH better job than they did writting and performing the script!