Things are changing at Cooter's Pigeon Forge!

In Hazzard, the more things change, the more they stay the same.  This is also true at Cooter's Place in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.  About a year ago, Cooter's in Gatlinburg relocated to nearby Pigeon Forge due to unforseen circumstances.  The new location does not have the 'familily fun center' gocarts and indoor mini golf.  However, the new store brings opportunities to build new fun experiences for Dukes fans to enjoy.  In addition to easier access and expanded room for events and more cool Hazzard merchandise and collectibles, we are now buiding in the famiilar setting of the Hazzard Garage. The General Lee needs a cozy home after all!   This will be just the first of more things to come over the coming months, so stay tuned!      

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the current state of things at the end of October- Its really starting to look like the Hazzard garage we know.  Big thanks for my awesome team: My wife Dawn (who it turns out is a great scenic painter), Walter (who it turns out is a great carpenter and electrician!), and Joe, Nelu, and Shannon who keep the store running while we tear it apart, and scare children with the construction noise!  Its a particular challenge working around the General Lee- we have to be very careful swinging ladders, lumber, and paint around it.

123369347_10158944895169402_8060081591567455203_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=M9Z54L524FwAX9akK3i&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=eb01cfad81beab1db30dec5d535e9004&oe=5FC4ACC8

9 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

So cool! If you punch a hole through the wall do you end up in Rhuebottom's? Seriously though, fantastic job and thanks for posting this!

That is actually something I considered!  Although if we do that, it will actually be a hole into the neighboring store :)

M  

• 2 weeks later...