Skipper Duke

(Christine is following Buddy Repperton & Richard Trelawney in Buddy's Camaro.)

(Buddy & Richie are jamming out to The Rolling Stones "Beast of Burden" on the Camaro radio. They finally notice Christine behind them. Buddy adjusts the inside rearview mirror. Richie flips Christine the middle finger.) Richie Trelawney:"A**hole!" Buddy Repperton:"Watch this."(Slows down, stops.)"Let's give this a**hole some of his own medicine!"(He backs up. Christine backs up too.) Richie Trelawney:"He's backin' up too."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This movie shares 2 connections with The Andy Griffith Show. Harry Dean Stanton(State Police Detective Rudolph Junkins) from Christine is the proprietor of a General Store on an island in The Andy Griffith Show episode entitled Howard The Beach Comber. TAGS shares another Christine connection. Richard Collier(Pepper Boyd)was Mr. Simmons in the Seth Taylor statue episode and in Only a Rose.

Edited by Skipper Duke
Forgot to include Richard Collier's episodes.

• 2 months later...

WHAT MICHAEL AND REGINA CUNNINGHAM COULD HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY! In the book and movie!
If Arnie’s parents had not been so mean and snobbish, and not insisted that “You are not keeping, any car at this house!”, they could have let Arnie work on Christine in the garage. During the restoration period, they could have parked the Volvo in the driveway  and take Darnell’s out of the equation. That would have saved him the 20 bucks a week to rent stall 20.
In the Cunningham garage, he could have done enough work on her to get her street legal. Once he got her street legal and registered, he could have driven her on streets and highways enough to let her backwards running odometer do the rest. Once she was fully restored, they could have let him park Christine on the street in front of the house. That is if they felt it was too much trouble to maneuver the Volvo around Christine in the driveway.

• 9 months later...

Arnie Cunningham:"Let me tell you a little somethin' about love Dennis, It has a voracious appetite. It eats everything friendship, family. It kills me how much it eats. But I’ll tell you somethin' else you feed it right, an' it can be a beautiful thing, an' that’s what we have. When someone believes in you, that you can do anything, anything in the entire f***ing universe, an' when you believe right back in that someone, then watch out world! Cuz nobody can stop you then! Nobody ever!"

Edited by Skipper Duke

Dennis Guilder:"You feel that way about Leigh?" Arnie Cunningham :"What!? F*ck no I'm talkin' about Christine man no shi**er ever came between me and Christine now you watch this ..."(Floors Christine into the wrong lane, right at an oncoming car. The oncoming car moves out of the way.) Arnie Cunningham:"Chicken sh*t!"

• 1 month later...

I feel bad. Talking to a Facebook friend Morgan about the book and movie and telling her how different they are. She loves the movie. I don't know if she's read the book yet. I have given her so many spoilers. That's why I feel bad what I feel bad about. I told her "If you have never read it, I'm giving you all these spoilers. I better hush up."

Edited by Skipper Duke

I talk to this chick on Facebook. She crushes bad on Moochie. I'd hate to have to break it to her if the Facebook Malcolm Moochie Welch Danare account is a fake. But I did advise her "Don't believe anybody on here who says they're a celebrity." But she's so into him if it's Malcolm Danare or not she'll believe anything the account says to her. The girl wants babies and a future with him for heaven's sake. She needs some help. She's loopy. Loco. Looney Tune etc etc.

Did you know on set of Smothered, John Schneider the director got the Christine experience? They locked him in the car, moved the seat forwards towards the wheel, and the radio came on, and it was green and smoky in the car. He told her "Ahhh no Christine!" Then when it wouldn't open up, he told her "Let me out baby." Then it opened so he could get out. JS had no idea that they were planning to do that with the door, the seat, the radio the smoke. They gave him the works.

Something that bugs me from book to movie transition in Christine, Buddy Repperton worked for Will Darnell and that's how he knew Christine was there. And in the book, it's Sandy Galton who tells about the airport parking lot. But in the movie, it's Moochie Welch who knows where it's kept at. Without explanation in the movie how he(Moochie)knows this. My guess is like Buddy Repperton, Moochie Welch also worked for Will Darnell at the garage and he kicked Moochie Welch out of the garage like he did to Buddy Repperton. It's the only thing that makes sense to me how Moochie Welch knew where it was kept.

I heard the remains of that gas station they made specifically to blow up still stand today. It was fabricated. Not a real station. Built just to be blown up. Also Mobico is a fictional name. Something I wonder about, in that scene, why didn't Buddy Repperton try that tow truck at the station. Check if it was unlocked. If the keys were inside, or he could've hotwired it, he could've made a getaway in that truck. A friend on Facebook she said:"Would have ruined the scene." Me:"Yeah plus mom would say to me "You ain't supposed to think of that!" "The script didn't tell him to try that tow truck!" She'd say. My Facebook friend:"If he was panicking, he would not be thinking straight." Me:"That too. According to the movie, best way to getaway from a pissed off flaming demonic possessed car is to run straight right up the middle of the road."

I bring you some sad news about a few Christine filming locations. The bridge from the over pass, under which she chased and killed Moochie Welch in the "You ain't mad are ya?" scene is no longer there. Torn down. The property has had a development done in recent years since the movie. Also Roland D. LeBay's house is gone since recently. The property on which brother George LeBay sold Arnie Cunningham the car at.

14 minutes ago, Skipper Duke said:

I bring you some sad news about a few Christine filming locations. The bridge from the over pass, under which she chased and killed Moochie Welch in the "You ain't mad are ya?" scene is no longer there. Torn down. The property has had a development done in recent years since the movie.

A location and/or source would be helpful with these "facts". If you're talking about the overpass at Huntington Drive N. and Moonstone Drive in Los Angeles, it was demolished 2015 and 2016. You can still see the overpass in the historic Streetview images:

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.0781864,-118.193827,3a,75y,60.21h,90t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s_fUUROjVvR5CM1I_1TwcTA!2e0!5s20140901T000000!7i13312!8i6656?entry=ttu

7 minutes ago, HossC said:

A location and/or source would be helpful with these "facts". If you're talking about the overpass at Huntington Drive N. and Moonstone Drive in Los Angeles, it was demolished 2015 and 2016. You can still see the overpass in the historic Streetview images:

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.0781864,-118.193827,3a,75y,60.21h,90t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s_fUUROjVvR5CM1I_1TwcTA!2e0!5s20140901T000000!7i13312!8i6656?entry=ttu

Yeah if people watch those YouTube videos of filming locations Then and Now it can be misleading cuz the one from Now still has the bridge there. From before demolition.