Skipper Duke

I've never read the book, but I have the movie in my DVD collection, the soundtrack in my CD collection and the 1:18 model in my diecast collection (I may even have a cheap replica license plate too!). Having said that, it must've been a few years since I watched Christine.

I included three of the cars from the movie in my Famous Movie and TV Cars fan art thread.

5 minutes ago, HossC said:

I've never read the book, but I have the movie in my DVD collection, the soundtrack in my CD collection and the 1:18 model in my diecast collection (I may even have a cheap replica license plate too!). Having said that, it must've been a few years since I watched Christine.

I included three of the cars from the movie in my Famous Movie and TV Cars fan art thread.

Cousin HossC Wow! Very nice artwork! I tip my Captain's hat to you the artiste. :)

Christine Belford, who played Arnie's mom in the movie, was in an episode on 'CHiPs' about three years earlier. Her character was married to a persistent drunk driver who ultimately ended up killing her in a crash. The reason I was reminded of this is that the guy who played her husband in 'CHiPs', Joshua Bryant, appeared in three episodes of 'M*A*S*H' as Margaret's occasional love interest Jack Scully, and I've seen two of those episodes in the past week.

BTW. Christine Belford had long, dark hair in 'CHiPs', which she wore tied up - quite a contrast to the shorter blonde curls she had in 'Christine'.

2 minutes ago, HossC said:

Christine Belford, who played Arnie's mom in the movie, was in an episode on 'CHiPs' about three years earlier. Her character was married to a persistent drunk driver who ultimately ended up killing her in a crash. The reason I was reminded of this is that the guy who played her husband in 'CHiPs', Joshua Bryant, appeared in three episodes of 'M*A*S*H' as Margaret's occasional love interest Jack Scully, and I've seen two of those episodes in the past week.

BTW. Christine Belford had long, dark hair in 'CHiPs', which she wore tied up - quite a contrast to the shorter blonde curls she had in 'Christine'.

Cousin HossC wow! :)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Skipper Duke said:

Meet real Christine the car the book and movie is based on

https://jalopnik.com/meet-the-golden-eagle-the-car-claimed-to-have-killed-a-1830037928

It wouldn't surprise me if the story if that car being haunted is real.

This guy I know had a late 60's Dodge Dart. He gave it to his son and his son ended up getting killed in an accident. He held on to the car and eventually gave it to his grandson who ended up dying in an accident as well. Neither of the accidents took place in the Dart but I always thought it was a strange coincidence that they perished after taking ownership of the Dart. The guy ended up selling the Dart after his family said the car has got to go. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...