Could there be a new DOH series?

I couldnt find this topic when I did a search, but if this has been brought up before...sorry.

I thought about this the other night. I mean a lot of hardcore old fans aren't thrilled with the people playing Boss, Bo, Luke, Daisy etc. However, what if this movie is a huge hit with the younger generation? What if those 15-20 somethings can't get enough of it. Would that popularity force WB make a new TV series? It wouldn't be the first time people have tried to cash in from the success of a movie.

Thoughts?

• 1 month later...

Bein' the unofficial forecaster of What May Come ....lemme check the magic 8-ball here..... *shake shake shake *

Maybe.

I'd give it 30% odds right now, which is pretty strong, all considered. The main problem is, WB would be dealing with yet another cast - it would be far too expensive on cast payroll alone, to use the same faces as the big-screen flick.

However, Paramount has used umpteen different casts in various Star Trek incarnations, with good success.

Yet, a spinoff series from Knight Rider fared horribly, when NBC attempted a new cast and concept with "Team Knight Rider."

Divia is right in that the biggest motivator for WB would be the salability of any new Dukes series. And it would probably hit the same corporate objections as the original - probably worse, given today's intolerance of the rebel flag. But if the movie slips under radar with it -- then who knows? The popularity of the Dukes cannot be denied. The sales of the original series DVD, the CMT ratings, and the predictable upcoming movie success, will be a little hard to ignore...even for the most jaded anti-Duke execs.

Brian

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

umm... this kindly hard to be new series coming out when search new casts like star trek had four series that hard time for long time and there will not be any series but good thing on CMT continues top on tv.. like rerun than other series like A-Team, Macgyver but Macgyver still rerun on SpikeTV... so well no change any future yet.. but I think Reunion casts would be last for them meet again later if other release movie 3rd one.. like replace Sheriff or something like that.. I not sure known..myself. so well. thanks. :)

Revive the series with the original actors? Not likely.Tom Wopat has expressed numerous times he has no interest in doing that again or even a 3rd reunion. Revive it with current movie actors? Forget it. I wouldn't watch that garbage especially after that mockery of a movie.Could it happen with the movie actors? Not likely either.It would be too costly now.Let alone the actors wanting big $$,as stated before 69 Chargers are far too hard to come by.Sure minor stunts could be done but jumps? You'd have to use fakery to do it. Either use miniatures like in the last season(looks too fake) or use CGI(very costly and can still tell it's fake) or digitally enhance the old stock footage which would be almost as costly as CGI and die hards would be turned off saying "Hey I saw that jump before in such and such episode" So it probably ain't gonna happen. The only other alternative to make it more cost effective is to totally change the car and then you'd lose all the fanbase cause hardly anyone will accept the General Lee as any other car and the new Chargers are as expensive as 69 Chargers only the parts would be easy to get.

well judging by the new dukes of hazzard movie, a new Dukes series/show would not be anything like the original, and you would definatly need originality from the old Dukes if you were going to make a new show. Reasons being, the new movie didnt appeal to me in the sence, i thought it was going to be at least a bit like the the show. I was disappointed that there was a lot of cursing in it, rosco was really mean, and never showed any real humour. Uncle jessie was alot more explicit, Daisy was s lu t t y than usual and well everything wasnt in its right place. Now judging by the movie they did, my guess is it would probably be about the same, it would be alot different from the original. its wouldnt be the same actors, everything would be different, and that show was like a legend and you cant remake a legand. If they did i dont think many of people would stick to it.

• 5 months later...

I personally would not want to see a new DOH series as the original is the best, no new DOH series could ever replace the old DOH series as it has had alot more ratings and most new shows nowadays do not get as much high ratings as the classic stuff.

Nobody could replace the well known and loved DOH characters, and the new movie really was abit messed up seeing as they added bad language to it and why choose somebody from tv show Jackass to play Luke Duke in the new DOH movie?

But anyway, the DOH classic original series 1-8 is always gonna be best and no.1!

It will never happen, the biggest part of hardcore fans would never allow it.

making a movie is one thing,but a new series,would never fly,especially if they keep the same profanities and such.

Today's generation is more interested in violence and such,very few shows have family values anymore. Most people want matrix stuff or need for speed and things like that.

I know I ain't interested in watching a new series of dukes, "The dukes of hazzard" is a classic,making a new one would be like singing opra on american Idol,doesn't matter how good you sing opra,you will never win such a contest.

Same goes with a new t.v. series, The dukes have their place already, we all remember the way it was,and that will never change.

It will never happen, the biggest part of hardcore fans would never allow it.

making a movie is one thing,but a new series,would never fly,especially if they keep the same profanities and such.

Today's generation is more interested in violence and such,very few shows have family values anymore. Most people want matrix stuff or need for speed and things like that.

I know I ain't interested in watching a new series of dukes, "The dukes of hazzard" is a classic,making a new one would be like singing opra on american Idol,doesn't matter how good you sing opra,you will never win such a contest.

Same goes with a new t.v. series, The dukes have their place already, we all remember the way it was,and that will never change.

Totally agree with that!