The Dukes of Hazzard pretty much defines who I am today...

General Fan 01

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I want to say hello to all The Dukes fans out there. Its my day off today and being the roommate of someone who watches CMT alot, all the recent viewings of past Dukes of Hazzrd episodes and the talks about the new movie coming out has really got me reminiscing alot. I've been doing a lot of searching on the internet for behind the scences info and memorabilia which is how I found this forum. I'm 26 years old and for as long as I can remember I've had a passion for cars. Since I was in diapers probably. I remember sitting in front of the TV as early as 3 years old anxiously waiting every Thursday night for my mom to finish watching Entertainment Tonight so that I could watch my Dukes of Hazzard at 8pm eastern standard time (broadcast television). This must have been in 81' or 82'. I loved this show so much as a small child and I loved the General Lee the most even though I was too young to even know what kind of car it was at the time. I still have the same passion for cars to this day as I did as a todler. One day I dream to own a very close replica of the General Lee (a real 69 Dodge Charger) as a collectors item. As crazy as I may sound, I guess you can say that the show and the general lee has made a huge impact and contribution to who I am today and I cannot thank the cast, directors, producers, stunt men, and everypne who contributed to the show's success enough for that. The show and the all the memories I have of it live in me to this day and always will till the day I die. Just felt like sharing my two cents worth. Thanks to those who are reading.

Sincerely,

Eric

Tampa, FL

Eric....

Great to see what an impact the Dukes has had on you. Thank you very much for sharing that with all of us. This is exactly what makes the Dukes something special and makes this forum special too.

I hope you will get your "General Lee" sooner than you expect, but not before I get mine...LOL . Although I will take a 77 Trans Am SE (Bandit style) ...

Darrell