Favorite Dukes of Hazzard Vehicles

14 hours ago, HossC said:

Being an English classic, I also like Gaylord Duke's Jaguar XK-E (or E-Type as it was over here).

Do you see many of those over there? I would assume they are like older Corvette's would be over here. You see them on the road but not that often. Do you ever see many Corvette's over there, even newer ones? 

Edited by RogerDuke

I also like it any time mid 70s Mustangs pop up since a 1975 was my first car. You see them a few times on Dukes but they never spent much time showing one..no bad guys ever drove one or anything.....quite a few older Mustangs though. I like those too. They probably avoided them because they weren't that fast....Farrah Fawcett had a hot one on Charlie's Angels though. 

1 minute ago, RogerDuke said:

I also like it any time mid 70s Mustangs pop up since a 1975 was my first car. You see them a few times on Dukes but they never spent much time showing one..no bad guys ever drove one or anything.....quite a few older Mustangs though. I like those too. They probably avoided them because they weren't that fast....Farrah Fawcett had a hot one on Charlie's Angels though. 

She did?

10 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Do you see many of those over there? I would assume they are like older Corvette's would be over here. You see them on the road but not that often. Do you ever see many Corvette's over there, even newer ones? 

I can't remember the last time I saw one on the road, and none of the car shows are taking place this year. I'd say you're more likely to see an E-Type over in the UK, but they're still rare enough.

By coincidence, as I write this I'm watching TV show about restoring a Corvette Stingray (a C3) in the UK. The guy it belongs to is a member of a local Corvette owners club, so there must be a few Corvettes around. Back around 1980 there was an early-70s C3 parked outside some apartments about half a mile from where I lived. It was quite an exotic sight back then, and probably the first I'd seen in real life.

US cars are still rare over here. I used to see a tatty black 60s Mustang coupe and a bright yellow Dodge Rumble Bee locally, but I've not seen either for a while. I do occasionally see one of the newer Mustangs as they're finally being sold here with the steering wheel on the correct side.

Speaking of rare cars, I saw a McLaren going through town yesterday, although I wasn't close enough to see which model it was.

11 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

11 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

She did?

Here's Farrah on her Mustang II. I originally posted this picture in the General Lee is #01 - The 100 Greatest Movie and TV Cars of All Time! thread.

MustangCobra.jpg

23 hours ago, HossC said:

By coincidence, as I write this I'm watching TV show about restoring a Corvette Stingray (a C3) in the UK. 

Here's another coincidence....I hadn't seen a Stingray episode in quite awhile and just got an itch to watch one last night. The TV series only lasted 2 years (1985 and 86) but I really liked it. It starred Nick Mancuso and he drove a black 1965 hardtop Stingray. 

23 hours ago, HossC said:

Here's Farrah on her Mustang II. I originally posted this picture in the General Lee is #01 - The 100 Greatest Movie and TV Cars of All Time! thread.

MustangCobra.jpg

Now, that is one super hot......automobile. The car would look a lot better if that girl would get out of the way and Emma Tisdale would hop on the hood. 

4 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Here's another coincidence....I hadn't seen a Stingray episode in quite awhile and just got an itch to watch one last night. The TV series only lasted 2 years (1985 and 86) but I really liked it. It starred Nick Mancuso and he drove a black 1965 hardtop Stingray. 

I don't think I've ever seen that show, Roger (I'm not sure if it made it to the UK). The 1965 Stingray was at #75 in that list of 100 Greatest Movie and TV Cars.

When I think of a TV show called Stingray, it's the 1960s submarine-based puppet series that comes to mind. It was created by Gerry Anderson, who also gave us Thunderbirds and Space 1999.

:previous:

A little research tells me that the '80s Stingray was shown in the UK, but I don't remember it (and I watched a fair number of US TV shows back then). Maybe it was shown at an odd time. Dukes, the A-Team, Knight Rider etc. all made it to primetime, but other '80s shows like The Highwayman and Tour of Duty were shown at around 11pm and possibly midweek (IIRC).

Here's the intro for the '60s Stingray show that I know: