Favorite Dukes of Hazzard Quotes

I always thought the name " Heep" was a funny sounding name!  Burton Glliam ( I 'm not sure how to spell his last name) played several times in the series and never seemed to be type cast!  Heep.....his Irish counterpart would be called, " Heep O' Trouble!  ;)  ( How's that one Hoss? )  Kind of like , What's Irish and sits on the back porch all night long?...........Patio  Furniture!! :)   

8 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

I always thought the name " Heep" was a funny sounding name!  Burton Glliam ( I 'm not sure how to spell his last name) played several times in the series and never seemed to be type cast!

The actor is Burton Gilliam - his other Dukes appearance was as Tom Colt in 'Double Sting' (minus the mustache). Maintaining the "Colt" connection, he played the Colt gun salesman in 'Back to the Future III'. You may also know him from 'Blazing Saddles' or classic 80s shows like 'Knight Rider', 'The A-Team' or 'The Fall Guy'.

8 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

What's Irish and sits on the back porch all night long?...........Patio  Furniture!! :)   

Or the Irishman who's always bouncing off the walls? Rick O’Shea!

There's actually an Irish radio personality who goes by the pseudonym Rick O'Shea, which reminds me that there's a radio DJ from near here who now works in the UK who uses the name Robin Banks.

16 hours ago, HossC said:

The actor is Burton Gilliam... You may also know him from 'Blazing Saddles'...

With nothing good on TV last night, I decided to watch 'Blazing Saddles' again. I'd forgotten that Burton Gilliam had one of the lead parts and featured in a DVD extra documentary. Here he is in the movie. It's one of the screengrabs I posted in the Hazzard Square thread, because they used the Warner Brothers Western set which was next to Midwest Street at the time - see all the pictures here.

BlazingSaddles8.jpg?width=1920&height=10

(Season 2 The Ghost of General Lee)Phil:"What are we gonna do now Ernie? We ain't got no dynamite." Erine:"We'll steal ourselves a pickup truck." Phil:"What about her?" Ernie:"Don't worry, she ain't goin' anywhere." Phil:"Yeah. That's right. She ain't, is she?" Ernie:"Come on. Let's get outta here." Phil:"You bet."

Edited by Skipper Duke
Forgot to write the season and episode name

(Season 2 The Ghost of General Lee) Maybelle Tillingham: "Operator. Operator."

Daisy Duke:"Maybelle! Give me the Sheriff's station!"

Enos: [checking off something] "There you go."

[phone rings]

Enos:"Sheriff's office. Deputy Enos Strate speaking."

Daisy Duke:"Enos! You've got to come over to the Boars Nest, quick!"

Enos:"I appreciate the invite, Daisy.... It's mighty nice of you. But I'm on duty right now, honey."

Daisy Duke:"This ain't an invite. There are two dudes here trying to rob Boss Hogg's safe!"

Enos:"They are? Oh... Well, I'll be right there!"

Daisy Duke:"Please hurry!"

Edited by Skipper Duke
Forgot to put " marks around Operator. Operator.

(Season 1 The Big Heist)Boss Hogg:(On CB)"This is J. D. Hogg callin' Sheriff Rosco Coltrane. Over."(Boss getting impatient, when Rosco doesn't reply.)"Rosco, where in tarnation are you come in?! ROSCO???!" Rosco:"Yeah? Rosco here Boss. Hey Boss. That was a great idea of yours, puttin' that white tape on those no parking signs. We already made $30 this morning! And it's still early yet. Over." Boss Hogg:"Rosco, I don't care didly about $30! I just been robbed of $30,000 by Bo Duke! Over." Rosco:"Bo Duke? Are you sure Boss? Over." Boss Hogg:"Am I sure? Well, he just escaped in an orange stock car, with a big black and white 01 on the doors, and Luke Duke was drivin! Is that good enough for ya? Over." Rosco:"Kew kew kew! That's the Duke Boys! We got 'em! We got 'em! Over." Boss Hogg:"We got nothin' but a jackass for a Sheriff. Now, you listen, and you listen good! They was headed South on Interstate 104! That's where you'll get 'em, with my $30,000! And if that's no interest ti ya, just remember part of that money is yours!" Rosco:"Oh! It's that money?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From 'Mrs. Rosco P. Coltrane':

Mama Coltrane: Rosco P. Coltrane, you can't get married. You ain't ready yet.

Rosco: Well, Mama, I'm 48 years old.

Mama Coltrane: True, but you still don't pick your clothes up...your socks don't match...and you still squeeze your toothpaste from the middle.

Rosco: But, Mama, you don't understand, I want a wife!

Mama Coltrane: When you was five, you wanted a fire engine...and look how fine you growed up without it.

Rosco: All them other kids had a fire engine.

Mama Coltrane: So now you got a police car. Eat!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

(Season 2 Officer Daisy Duke) Cooter:"Uncle Jesse, they're gonna keep an eye on Daisy. But who's gonna keep an eye on them two?" Uncle Jesse:"Well, who do you think, dummy? Follow me." Cooter:"Who's gonna keep an eye on us?"

I remember this one and  it was a good one!

• 2 weeks later...

(Season 1 Deputy Dukes) Luke Duke:"Awe awe!" Bo Duke:"Well, are we gonna go after 'em, or are we just gonna sit here all day!?" Luke Duke:"Well, it just so happens I left my car keys in my pants pocket, an' right now, I ain't got no pants pockets!" Bo Duke:"Since when do we need keys to start a car!?" Luke Duke:"Alright!"