Gilligan's Island(1964-1967)

Skipper Duke

The end of (Rescue From Gilligan's Island 1978)

The Castaways survive the storm that ship wrecks them again. Unfortunately the Minnow II sank out from under them. They swim unknowingly back to the island. They collapse soaking wet onto the Lagoon beach. Gilligan gets mean mugging looks from the group. He runs off into the Jungle. Mary Ann:"Oh. He didn't mean any harm Skipper!" Skipper:"Neither did the iceberg that sank the Titanic!" Ginger:"Any idea where we are?" Skipper:"Not really. That storm turned us 'round and 'round, and blew us all over the map for 12 days." Mrs. Howell:"Well, surely we must be someplace. If we weren't, we wouldn't be here!" Mr. Howell:"That's my Lovey's long suit. Haha logic." Mrs. Howell:"Yes." Professor:"Well, wherever we are, thanks to your expert seamen ship Skipper, we're all alive." Skipper nods and throws his hand up in a wave of appreciation. Gilligan(Comes running out of Jungle, carrying a piece of wood.):"Hey! I know where we are!" Skipper:"Now how could you know that Gilligan!? That wind was blowing 90 miles an hour in every direction!" Gilligan:"But I know Skipper!" Skipper(Amusingly):"And how do you know Gilligan?" Gilligan(Holds up piece of wood that he found.):"Look what I found!" The board says MINNOW I on it. Skipper:"Oh no!" Mr. Howell:"The same island!" Gilligan gets the mean mugging looks again from the group. Gilligan(Comes running over to the group, stopping at the Skipper):"Well, why are you all so sad!? I mean, we're home again, huh!?" Skipper(Stands up, takes off soaking wet Captain's hat, and smacks Gilligan on the head with it.):"Yes Gilligan! We're home again!" Gilligan:"Yeah?" Clapping sound of wet Captain's hat meeting Gilligan's wet sailor hat. Gilligan:"Oooh!"(Drops board on Skipper's feet.) Skipper:(Cries out in pain):"Aaah, aaaahhhh! Ooooh Gilligan!"(Puts Captain's hat back on, as Gilligan runs away. He runs after Gilligan who dives into the Lagoon for cover. They splash around with Skipper trying to hit Gilligan some more with Gilligan trying to evade the attacks.) End credits roll.

Edited by Skipper Duke
Forgot to put the word hand

(Season 1 Big Man on a Little Stick)

Gilligan is exercising using little bamboo dumbbells. He swings them up. Skipper walks up just as Gilligan is swinging them back down, striking Skipper in the chest. Skipper:"Ooop! Gilligan! What are you doing!?" Gilligan:"Oh hi Skipper." Skipper:"That is not the answer!"

(Rescue From Gilligan's Island 1978) scene

Skipper & Gilligan are in their hut in at night in their hammocks sleeping. Skipper can't sleep due to Gilligan's snoring and various strange sounds he's making. Skipper:(Frustrated, pokes Gilligan's hammock.)"Gilligan." Gilligan continues snoring away. Skipper pokes him again. "Gilligan!" Still no response from Gilligan. The Skipper has had it now. "Gilligan!!!" Gilligan:"What is it? What's a matter?" Skipper:"I can't fall asleep with all that snoring going on!" Gilligan:"I don't hear anything!" Skipper:"Gilligan, I want you to go back to sleep, and I want you to sleep without snoring! Do you understand that!? That is an order!" Gilligan:"Yessir!"

(Season 1 Two on a Raft)

Gilligan:(Working on raft)"I finished it!" Skipper:(Is nearby, and rushes over to Gilligan.)"Oh that's great! I knew you could do it Gilligan. I'm really proud of my Little Buddy!"(He looks around, and sees the unfinished raft.)"Wait a minute! Do you call that finished?" Gilligan:"Not the raft! The sign!"(Points to a sign that reads GILLIGAN RAFT MAKER.)"It's a beauty isn't it?" Skipper:"Yes Gilligan! But we can't sail the sign! Now, start lashing poles together with that vine!"

48 minutes ago, Skipper Duke said:

(Season 1 Two on a Raft)

Gilligan:(Working on raft)"I finished it!" Skipper:(Is nearby, and rushes over to Gilligan.)"Oh that's great! I knew you could do it Gilligan. I'm really proud of my Little Buddy!"(He looks around, and sees the unfinished raft.)"Wait a minute! Do you call that finished?" Gilligan:"Not the raft! The sign!"(Points to a sign that reads GILLIGAN RAFT MAKER.)"It's a beauty isn't it?" Skipper:"Yes Gilligan! But we can't sail the sign! Now, start lashing poles together with that vine!"

Gilligan being Gilligan!  Poor Skipper---pure joy to watch!

Gilligan's Island fans... Cool version of the Skipper hat. But the only real colors for the show of course are black(Alan Hale) and white(Jim Backus).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Replica-Captains-Hat-Skippers-Hat-Yachting-Hat-khaki-version-/203257165824?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

I'm currently watching my way through my 'Cheers' boxset, and have now reached the final season where we get to meet Rebecca's father who's a navy captain. One scene cuts to him and the guys watching TV in the bar and he comments, "As a man who has thirty years of naval experience, I can say at all confidence that if that crew got together and shot Gilligan, they'd have been off that island in a week. Problem solved." I think I can guess what they were watching! ;)

2 hours ago, HossC said:

I'm currently watching my way through my 'Cheers' boxset, and have now reached the final season where we get to meet Rebecca's father who's a navy captain. One scene cuts to him and the guys watching TV in the bar and he comments, "As a man who has thirty years of naval experience, I can say at all confidence that if that crew got together and shot Gilligan, they'd have been off that island in a week. Problem solved." I think I can guess what they were watching! ;)

Cousin HossC Very cool! I saw an episode once with Rebecca wearing Mr. Howell's the white Lancaster hat. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Marooned(Lost Pilot)

Skipper:"Here we are on a deserted island, uninhabited, unexplored, uncharted." Ginger:"I get the picture. Just color us lost." Skipper:"Well, our only chance of rescue is if the Professor here can get the transmitter fixed. Then we can radio for help." Professor:(frustrated)"I've been trying, but it's very difficult without the proper tools." Skipper:"Now here this, folks. We've all got enough to keep us busy. The Professor here, he's fixing the transmitter. Gilligan is out there right now, fishing for our dinner." (to the girls)"and you girls, you girls wash all of the dirty clothes on board." Bunny:"Aye, aye, Skipper."