Gilligan's Island(1964-1967)

Skipper Duke

(Rescue From Gilligan's Island)Skipper: "Just think what we've missed during the past 15 years: 3 different presidents, astronauts walking on the moon, and miniskirts... we even missed the MINISKIRTS!"

Gilligan: "What are miniskirts?"

Skipper: "Remember when we left, women's skirts were clear down to here [points below knee].  While we were gone they came up to here [points to top of thigh].  Now they're back down to here again [points below knee].  Gilligan, we missed from here [knee] to here [thigh]!"

(Season 3 The Invasion)Skipper/Gilligan's mother:"Here! Let me take that heavy bag off your arm so you can eat." Gilligan/014:"No! I just realized something!" Skipper/Gilligan's mother:"What?" Gilligan/014:"You're not my mother!" Skipper/Gilligan's mother:"How did you find out?" Gilligan/014:"Because my real mother would make me wash my hands before I eat. Besides, my real mother is a woman!"

Skipper/Gilligan's mother:"What're you gonna do to me 014 kill me!?" Gilligan/014:"No that's to good for you. I have a torture for you worse than death!" Skipper/Gilligan's mother:"You mean?" Gilligan/014:"Exactly! Sit down there at the table, eat your soup, and don't spill a drop!"

Edited by Skipper Duke
Forgot to put Gilligan's mother in there in one of them.

23 hours ago, HossC said:

Having never seen Gilligan's Island, I didn't realize that Weird Al borrowed the following lines from the theme tune for his song Amish Paradise.

There's no phone, no lights, no motorcar
Not a single luxury
Like Robinson Crusoe
It's as primitive as can be

I shouldn't have been surprised that Weird Al included Gilligan's Island theme lyrics in a song - seven years earlier he parodied Tone-Loc's 'Wild Thing' with a song about the show called 'Isle Thing'.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This scene is from the end of the Season 2 episode Feed the Kitty. Skipper:"I guess I learned how to be an expert juggler all for nothing." Gilligan:"Come on Skipper. You didn't turn out to be an expert juggler at all." Skipper:"Oh yeah! Watch this Gilligan!"(bends down, picks up 3 coconuts, starts juggling them. One gets lodged up in a tree, stops juggling, looks confused.) Gilligan:"What's a matter Skipper?" Skipper:"Well, I could've sworn I had 3 coconuts."(Looks up, coconut falls from tree, conking him on the head. He looks dazed, stumbles backwards and sideways each way, as we fade out.)

Season 1 episode Wrongway Feldman. Gilligan:"Uh oh! Uh oh!" Wrongway Feldman:"What's a matter?" Gilligan:"I can't fly this plane! There's no fruit in here! I got a great idea! I know what I'll do. I'll go get a Coconut, a Papaya, a Pineapple and-" Wrongway Feldman:"Gilligan!" Gilligan:"I got the bananas!"

(Season 1 Goodbye, Island)

Skipper:"Gilligan! Don't you realize, that if the Professor hadn't thought of using Mrs. Howell's perfume to dissolve this glue, you'd still have us stuck to the boat!?" Gilligan:"Yeah! You still smell pretty Skipper!" Skipper:"Doh!"

Edited by Skipper Duke
Forgot a word