Rumor Control

I think people of the world have gone insane. Now sword/sabre handles are offensive :wacko::blink:. Bad enough it's getting to the point where you can't wear a shirt with any logo on it as it might offend someone as one college coach recently found out. I'll be wearing my Garfield shirt today so hopefully nobody gets offended by that lazy cat :lol:

12 hours ago, Spike said:

I think people of the world have gone insane. Now sword/sabre handles are offensive :wacko::blink:. Bad enough it's getting to the point where you can't wear a shirt with any logo on it as it might offend someone as one college coach recently found out. I'll be wearing my Garfield shirt today so hopefully nobody gets offended by that lazy cat :lol:

I'm allergic to cats so according to politically correct rules that makes you an intolerant hateful person. Your insensitive shirt also doesn't consider the feelings of dog owners so I'm proposing that it be banned. Anybody who doesn't agree with me is evil. Anybody who think that I'm wrong for labeling those people as evil is evil. 

14 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I'm allergic to cats so according to politically correct rules that makes you an intolerant hateful person. Your insensitive shirt also doesn't consider the feelings of dog owners so I'm proposing that it be banned. Anybody who doesn't agree with me is evil. Anybody who think that I'm wrong for labeling those people as evil is evil. 

You forgot prejudiced, narrow minded, etc. Ha! Ha! 

Listened to Dale jrs latest podcast while I was doing some yard work at one of my clients and he said the best thing... "I hope the Cancel Culture Cancels Itself. Stop trying to erase history.". Y'all probably wouldn't like to hear the rest of it though as the 'flag' is brought up and he's happy Nascar banned it etc. etc...

Well you can say goodbye to Aunt Jemima, Uncle Ben, Mrs Butterworths and Cream of Wheat :wacko: :blink::fryingpan:. If the people would look at the history of how some of these brands came to be they'd probably be proud of them. Wonder what brand is next. 

I know one thing you better get your Dukes of Hazzard DVDs if you don't have them or have defective discs before they stop selling them, it's only a matter of time.

Seen on the local news this morning an interview with some guy that organized a local 'juneteenth' celebration. He said celebrating July 4th is like celebrating slavery and racism. Looks like USA's Independence day is next on the Cancel Culture list. :angry::censored:  Yet they have no problem 'celebrating' July 4th by setting off fireworks all night long. 

I remember when people used to give the benefit of the doubt, forgive someone's mistakes, and gave second chances. I sometimes give 5 or 6 chances, against my better judgement. :lol: I am not a fan of cancel culture. I call it The Church of the Perpetually Outraged. That's a difficult way to go through life. I just don't have the energy for it.

Just when I thought I seen or heard it all... I read that some streaming services have removed an ""offensive"" Golden Girls episode :lol::roll:, that had Blanche and Rose in beauty masks, because it resembled black face. What's really hilarious is the episode is conveying interracial marriage and bringing families from two different backgrounds together. This 'cancel culture' is kind of shooting itself in the foot when they get shows and movies taken off the air that actually push the message of equality.

Wow! Even Golden Girls is no longer safe. It's no more forgive and forget. Tear down George Waahington statues, dynamite Mount Rushmore, defund police, create your own nation in the middle of a city. John Wayne went from being a good guy to a bad guy. Our Dukes were censored and now the Duke is next. What is happening here?!

19 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Wow! Even Golden Girls is no longer safe. It's no more forgive and forget. Tear down George Waahington statues, dynamite Mount Rushmore, defund police, create your own nation in the middle of a city. John Wayne went from being a good guy to a bad guy. Our Dukes were censored and now the Duke is next. What is happening here?!

The whole dang world has gone crazy Roger. Even cartoons are offensive if the non white characters aren't voiced by people of color. Common sense has been basically thrown out the window. No surprise covid 19 is spiking again now and some states are going back into lockdown. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Heard on the local news this morning that the jingle the ice cream trucks have played for decades will be gone soon, someone apparently got offended by it :roll:

On a good note I seen a few Dukes seasons for sale at the nearby Walmart. They're slim plastic cases now instead of the thick cardboard ones so they should take up a lot less space on the shelf. They had a whole 1980's tv section there with DoH, A-team, Knight Rider, Miami Vice, Magnum PI, Quantam Leap etc...