Mash

Julieduke

Wow, there's a few more fans of MASH besides me, way cool! I have seasons 1-7 on DVD.

Julie, the episode you're referring to is "To Market, To Market", the second episode of the first season.

Jamanda, the episode you're referring to is "Requiem for a Lightweight", the third episode of the first season. This was Sorrell's first appearance as General Barker. He made another appearance in the seventh episode of the first season "Chief Surgeon Who", the same episode that marked Jamie Farr's first appearance as Klinger.

Rick Hurst appeared in an hour-long episode "Fade In, Fade Out", the first episode of the sixth season, which marked the first appearance of David Ogden Stiers as Winchester. Rick's character was funny, much like Cletus was.

Yeah, we saw the other appearance of General Barker too. He's the one Klinger flashed and Hawkeye told him to put on a dress and Trapper said, "At least a slip." Klinger was so funny! And General Barker just said, "That man's naked!" Too funny! Good warm up for all those times he'd have to put up with Bo and Luke skinny dipping.

Radar totally! He's so cute! Very "Enos" like, except he gets "slinked" in one episode, which is kind of left up to the imagination, and is a bit more...girl crazy...in earlier episodes (i.e. the hole in the nurse's shower).

We also like Klinger and his collection of fabulous gowns and line of reasons why he should be out.

Of course, everybody loves Hawkeye and his sidekick, Trapper or B.J. They had some of the best one-liners.

Frank: I know I'm a real asset to this outfit.

Hawkeye: You're only off by two letters.

My dad watches this show so much that I'm familar with it without really ever having really sat down to watch it. LOL.

I can remember seeing one scene where Radar was testing the radio or something and he says "Testing, testing. A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I got a gal...."

Trivia Question! What song is he singing? :D

Ding ding ding! We have a winnah! LOL

Uhh....prize? *looks around* How 'bout this ticket on the Chattanooga Choo Choo? =)

To bring this back around to MASH, here's a neat lil' roundabout trivia thing for ya. The song "I've Got a Gal in Kalamazoo" was featured in the 1942 movie "Orchestra Wives" with the Glenn Miller band. There also was a very young actor in it who plays the soda jerk who ends up losing the girl. Although he wasn't credited in the film, there's no mistaking who it is.

Col. Potter himself, Harry Morgan. :wink:

We now return you to yer regularly scheduled program. LOL

• 9 months later...

I have only sesons 1, 2 and 4. Does anyone know if I can still get season 3, and the rest? I wish though that the season dvd's had more "extras" on it. I would have loved to hear some commatarys about some of the episodes or things like that.

As far as my favorite character, hmmm that is a hard question since every main character is great. They all have such a chemistry between them. hmmmm if I have to choose though I would have to say Klinger due to his constent attempt in trying to get out of the army. Plus I would have to choose Hawkeye, Trapper, B.J, Henry, Potter, etc etc.

Hey did any of you notice that on "Family Guy" season two, they quoted MASH, the line that Radar said when they found out that Henry was dead.

"His plane spun in, there where no surviors."

If Target or Best Buy doesn't have them on the shelves, you probably can get either store to order it in for you to pick up (it beats paying shipping and handling charges that Amazon offers). I got all of my MASH DVD's at Wal-Mart (you can try there too). I have seasons 8 & 9 added to my collection. Seasons 10 & 11 (the final two seasons) are due in June and December 2006 respectively.

Thanks

Wow I didn't realize that I was so behind on my MASH collecting.

I rmemeber the day that the series finale aired. It was a Monday night and I was still in HS. Normally I would have been at my Seniors Girl Scout meeting, but we cancled the meeting that night so we could all stay home to watch "So Long, Farewell, Goodbye."

What did you give up to do to watch it?