it's unrealistic that nobody in DOH has to grab their car keys before driving

Lots of people around here still leave the keys in their cars, not so much with all the meth/heroin problems, but definitely common place to leave your keys in the ignition when I was a teen (90's). So I imagine it was even more commonplace to do so in the late 70's early 80's in the rural south. 

Growing up in a not so safe neighborhood where you locked your doors and put 2x4's above opening windows it still astounds me that people leave doors unlocked and stuff in their vehicles. I remember the first overnight trip the wife and I took to a small nearby town. The B&B we stayed at left the doors unlocked 24/7 and even kept the back door open all night. I shut the door when I got up to use the bathroom overnight and got chastised the next morning by the owner :lol:. Though recently that small town has been hit with a rash of burglaries and car break ins so I bet to the residents there lock the doors now.

2 hours ago, Hobie Harkins said:

( You ain't NEVA lied!   ;) )  

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Except for the times that I'm shucking and jiving folks....which is only about every other post. 

23 hours ago, Hobie Harkins said:

It's also unrealistic that nobody ever has to fill up on gas although they do a lot of driving!

Do they even still sell gas at the Boars Nest since old Brodie went missing ?
Gas pumps at Cooter's in occasional use...usually for out-of-towners.
The only other Gas Station I remember is the small store/station that they run down to to use the pay phone in a few episodes.
Wish they would have used Homer Griggs (?) General Store in more episodes

59 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

I think there were 2 other places on the outskirts of the county where you could get gas. If anybody is interested I could look that up in my notebook. 

I'm interested, Unca Roger. I wonder if one of them is the place with the phone booth ?

• 5 months later...