Bad Apples

Riddick

Chance raced into the room, sparing only a glance to the monitors. The frantic sounds of the monitors was telling her more than she needed to know. Heartrate was rocketing as blood pressure was dropping rapidly. It was signs a surgeon hope she never saw, because it meant a patient was bleeding somewhere, in Riddick's case, probably internally.

She grabbed the syringe of atropine the nurse had prepped for her. The large cardiac needle much was bigger than anything Doc used at the clinic. Because it had to go much deeper than skin or tissue. With an experienced, steady hand, Chance slipped the needle between Riddick's ribs and inserts the slowing agent into the heart itself. Within seconds the monitoring began to drop to a semi-normal pace. But Riddick's wasn't out of danger yet.

With his vitals somewhat stablized, Chance turned to the nurse again and gave an order. "Prep him for surgery."

(cue anyone)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*This is a joint post between Daney and MaryAnne*

When they were at least a hundred feet from the store, MaryAnne slowed the Chevy and killed the headlights as they approached. She put the transmission in neutral, turned the engine off and let the car coast to the side of the road, parking it behind some thick brush.

The few outside lights of the store shown the Camaro parked near the telephone and someone standing at the phone, their back facing the Coltranes. The two cousins watched for a moment and then each looked around, trying to spot Daney.

"I don't see her," Rosco said.

"I think she's on the otherside of the building." MaryAnne took the keys from Diablo's ingnition and opened the door. "C'mon..."

Rosco followed and the two law officers moved quietly toward the store building and the backside of it.

Anderson was still on the phone. He sounded agitated as he spoke, but neither Rosco nor MaryAnne could figure out what he was saying. They reached the building and followed the back wall to the side Daney's car Hunter was parked. They came up to the car and made sure Daney saw them first before either one spoke.

Rosco looked through the passenger window at the young Duke woman. "I thought I told you to go home," he said.

Daney shifted nervously a little in the seat. "Um, hi Rosco, MaryAnne." Daney refused to lie. "I have no excuse for disobeyin' your order." She paused. "That definitely is the fella that me and Daisy seen earlier." Hazel eyes glanced out the window toward the man. "But his buddy isn't with him."

"Probably back with Brian....where ever that is," MaryAnne said, watching Anderson as he continued talking on the phone. His hand was waving to emphasize some point he was making to whoever it was on the other end.

"Why don't we grab him now?" Rosco suggested. "Force him to take us to where Brian is."

MaryAnne turned and looked at Rosco. "You've got to be kidding. After what them two almost did to you, you really think that dude is just gonna happily take us to his little hideout? He'll shoot us all down first." MaryAnne glanced back at Anderson, still on the phone. "No, we wait and we'll follow 'em."

They didn't have to wait long. Suddenly Anderson slammed the receiver down. They heard the jingle of change as it was swallowed completely by the phone. Anderson stuck his finger in the coin return slot looking for a freebie but would walk away empty handed.

"There he goes..." MaryAnne said. She handed Diablo's keys to Rosco. "Here, go get Diablo and follow us..."

"What? Wait a minute--"

"Rosco, just do it, we don't have to time to argue." The Camaro was heard turning over and gravel crunched as the Z-28 drove out of the parking lot. "Go on, git!"

Rosco headed back to where Diablo was parked, sputtering something as he went. MaryAnne pulled Hunter's passenger door open and jumped into the car.

"Follow 'em, Daney, but don't let 'em spot ya...."

"Alright, MaryAnne. If you insist." Daney replied. She straightened in the seat. Hunter's engine came to life. Carefully the green Plymouth sped from the side of the building. The Camaro was about seven car lengths away when the Duster turned onto the road.

The dark blue car crossed an intersection as Daney saw the reflection of another vehicle's lights in the side mirror. "MaryAnne..."

"What?"

Daney's hazel eyes kept focused on the road and vehicle in front of her. "Why did these men do this?" She asked very quietly.

MaryAnne paused and let out a heavy sigh. "I dunno, Daney. There's a lot about Riddick we don't know but based on what we do know about him, I can only guess there's people in his past that would like to see him destroyed."

"Works for me," Daney agreed with MaryAnne's summary of why the men were here. Hunter cruised along semi sandwiched between blue and black Chevys.

The Camaro turned off on Storm Creek Road, and then over to Holte Road. "The way he is drivin', he's either been on these roads before. Or he is being coached by someone." Daney commented, her foot came off the accelarator for a moment.

"I'm sure they had most of the county pretty well cased before they launched their attack against Riddick," MaryAnne said. She picked up Hunter's CB mike. "He just turned onto Holte Road, Rosco... I think Chance's information was correct."

"Acknowledged. Tell Daney to ease back a bit. We don't want to get caught."

"Ten-four..." MaryAnne gave Daney with a knowing look with a grin. "You heard the Sheriff. Khee..."

Daney smiled, checked the mirror to make sure Rosco was far enough back, and tapped the brake pedal.

Anderson never glanced in the Camaro's mirrors. He was focused on getting back to Fargo and their hostage. About ten minutes later, he pulled up to a building.

"Pull off to the side here," MaryAnne said. Daney eased Hunter to the side of the road with Rosco pulling in behind them. The lights of the two cars were shut off and they sat in total darkness, approximately 50 feet from the building Anderson had pulled up to.

After a moment, Rosco's voice came over the CB. "How you wanna work this?"

MaryAnne kept her eyes on the building as she raised the mike up. "I ain't sure yet. These dudes are pretty trigger happy so I don't wanna go crashing in like gangbusters. Brian might get hurt, or one of us."

"True..." Rosco paused. "Maybe we can lure them out?"

MaryAnne smiled. "Cousin, that kind of thinkin' is why you're the Sheriff and I'm just a deputy. Khee!"

Daney turned and looked at MaryAnne. She smiled at the pretty brunette law woman. A gleam in her hazel eyes.

(cue anyone!)

(co-written by Riddick and Brian )

"Fargo?!" Anderson shouted hastily as he entered the building slamming the door behind him.

"What the hell are you trying to do? Announce our presence to the dead, you damned fool." Fargo sat up from slouching in his chair, his voice a mean snap.

Fargo placed his hand tenderly over the painful gash across his gut, he watched his partner enter, the other mans facial expression telling all. But he said nothing, he waited, putting the pressure of silence on his partner as he stared with an evil, twisted expression.

Anderson shook his head and nervously glanced around, his eyes glaring for a quick moment at thier prisoner sitting at the table with his hands in plain view. He looked at his partner and ran a hand over his face in pure agitation.

"The boss says that we can't do anything until he gets here sometime within the next 24 hours. " Anderson snapped in distaste.

"What!?" Fargo spat with angry eyes. "Hello NO!" We caught him were gonna be the ones to that get led to Riddick's body! That jackass ain't taking all the credit, or profit!"

"Damn right he ain't. Lets go ahead and get this plowboy to talk." He paused giving Brian a hungry grin of satisfaction. "When were done with him we can trade his body for Riddick's."

Brian felt his heart make a swan dive into his stomach and sink to the bottom. He swallowed, but said nothing, forcing his expression into an aloof mask.

"You keep the gun on him," Anderson said to Fargo. I'll get him talking."

Fargo shook his head. "No way man! I went through hell to get my hands on Riddick! Im going to be the one to find out where he is!"

"But I...."

"You keep the gun on him." Fargo forced the gun into Anderson's hands and took a pair of brass knuckles out of his pocket.

Unhappily, Anderson took the gun and steadily pointed it back at Brian's temple, sighing, feeling like he never got to have any of the fun.

"Alright you dumb hick! Where's Riddick's body! What did your friends do with it?!" Fargo slid the brass knuckles onto his right fist and glared. "Answer..."

Brian answered immediately. "Beats me.....I nevah got a chance to follow 'em, did I."

"No! But you know what they would have done with him! Now I'll ask you again.... where's Riddick's body! You were there when he was shot I know you know!" Fargo spoke the truth, Anderson had seen the whole thing from the roof top, it was only Brian's dark clothing that had saved him from a bullet as well.

"I saw him get up and run after I shot him!" Anderson said with a snap.

Inexplicibly, Brian leaned back in the chair and began to laugh, a deep chuckle coming from him. The bounty hunters had just given away what they did...and didn't, know. One Coltrane shuck-n-jive was coming up...

"Y'all are fools," Brian said through a mocking grin. The hick-act was fading, and he put an edge of scorn into his voice. "Idiots. Rank amatures. You saw Riddick run into woods. An' then you caught me later, wipin' blood away. You believed me, when I said somebody took the body away. You nevah thought to go back into the woods with me and make sure, did you."

Feeling made fun of and dumb, Fargo drew his brass knuckle clad fist back and swung, striking Brian acrossed the right side of his jaw. His teeth bared in anger and frustration, the plowboy was right, they hadn't gone back to check the woods and see if Riddick's body was there.

Fargo drew his fist back again, ready to strike. "You're lying.... Riddick ain't out in those woods. I know how you hicks work, you would never leave one of your kind behind... dead or alive! Now tell me where he is or I'll hit you twice the next time!"

"--agh!" Brian's head snapped to the side with the blow. He gripped the end of the table, keeping himself upright, and hissed a pained breath through his teeth. He slowly turned his head towards Fargo, dark eyes burning.

Brian's answer came in a low, quiet voice, the words curled around a snarl. "You bought it hook, line, and sinker, you sonsab****es. Riddick ain't one of mah kind...and without me, you'll nevah find his stinkin' carcass in the woods." Brian paused, then spoke again in a sudden roar. "NEVAH!!"

His anger boiling over by the hicks bold reply, Fargo released the rubber- band like hold he had on his fist, again connecting with the side of Brian's jaw. Once.... Twice he struck the prisoner.

"You tell us.... if we have to take turns going at you all night long! You WILL show us where his body is!" For good measure he punched Brian in the ribs as hard as his own aching body would allow.

" --aah! Ugh! " The punches were savage, and as much as Brian braced himself for it, the pain spiked through him like hammer blows. He bowed his head and panted, knowing that he only remained concious because Fargo wanted him that way. But it was shaping up to be a long, bad night....and Brian knew that protecting Riddick and his kin, might call for a sacrifice.

When he'd recovered enough to answer, Brian lifted his head again. The side of his face bore a gash from the brass knuckles, but he allowed no fear to show in his expression. Instead, there was a narrow-eyed challenge. "Keep it up, jackass, and ah won't be able to show you anythin'. Except this."

With solemn ceremony, Brian brought up his right hand and extened his middle finger.

With an angry grunt of effort, Fargo brought his brass-covered knuckles down upon Brian's offending hand with the upraised middle finger. Baring his teeth he pressed the brass knuckles against Brian's hand, crushing it between the table and his fist.

"Tell me where he is... or you will never use this hand again." Fargo said through his teeth.

" ---- @#$%&* ---- !!" There was death, and then there was dismemberment. Of the two, Brian found the latter harder to cope with. "AWRIGHT! He's in the woods! Where ah left him, by the water! There was nobody else....just me! I was gonna get help to haul him outta there when ya caught me...aaaahh!"

Fargo released the pressure on his prisoner's hand, but didn't raise the brass knuckles. His eyes gazed into Brian's, his own glazed over in fierce anger. "Did you see Anderson in the woods that night?!"

"Yeah - " Brian gasped out. "Saw the flashlight.....he got kinda close.....ah just froze till he turned back." After a breath, Brian looked up and added, "If you hadn't called him back, he mighta found me. Yer too damn impatient, man."

"Anderson! Go get the hand cuffs out of the car, we're going for a ride." Fargo said, placing the brass knuckles back into his pocket.

"A ride?" Anderson sounded hesitant as he looked at Fargo, his eyes wider. "Is he going with us?"

" I said WE'RE didn't I?! Now move it!" Fargo spat, tearing the gun out of Anderson's hand, his eyes never leaving his prey. He spoke again to Brian.

"Your going to lead us right to Riddick's body.... if his body is there like you say then you just might live.... if the buzzards dont get you!"

It was an empty promise, and Brian knew it. The bounty hunters would have dispatched him no matter what. And once they found out they'd been duped....things would get messy. But for now, Brian only nodded and flexed his right hand, working the pain from it.

Anderson quickly went out to the Camaro sitting behind the building and got the hand cuffs out of the glove box, just as Fargo had instructed. He soon returned with them.

"Put them on him, make sure they're good and tight, we dont need him getting loose!" Fargo deamnded. "Get up, hick! Move it! One wrong move outta you and we'll be trading a dead body for less then a bloody carcass."

"Awright, awright...shaddap." Brian stood slowly, offering no resistance as Anderson approaced him.

As roughly as physically possible, Anderson grasped one of Brian's wrists and wrenched his arm around behind his back, clamping the cuffs on one wrist then the other.

"Alright you... back to the car." Anderson demanded, a touch of hesitance in his voice. He didn't like Brian, or the looks of their black-clad prisoner, there was something about him that sent a shudder down his spine. A sense that made him wish that he had at least taken a shot at the man when he had the chance.

Fargo had no reservations. He flicked the gun in the direction of the door motioning Brian to get a move on it, unlike his partner he felt nothing but anger and pure hatred towards his prisoner. If the slightest chance presented itself, he swore to himself he would kill that hick.

After being forced into the cuffs, Brian straightened up, squared his shoulders, and looked at Fargo and Anderson with a distainful eye. He then walked towards the door, slowly, not doing anything to cause undue violence against him. But once at the door, he paused by it and waited. "Ladies first," he drawled, giving a slight bow to Anderson.

Suddenly Anderson's fist came up, his feeling of hesitance washed away in a burst of anger. His fist collided with the center of Brian's abdomen and then into the small of his back.

"Get out there you stupid sonofa@#$%!" Fargo opened the door and grabbed Brian by the back of his black shirt and hauled him roughly outside.

With a cough of pain, Brian staggered through the door, Anderson practically carrying him by the scruff of the neck. "Awright...ladies second," Brian muttered.

As rough and brutally as possible Fargo and Anderson dragged Brian to the rear of the Camaro. With a simple nod towards the trunk, Anderson stuck the key into the lock.

"First class." Anderson said as he opened it.

Brian eyed the open trunk with misgiving. Camaro's weren't big on luggage space. "Hey man....the backseat is fine. Really. Ah'll even shut up."

"Get in there you @#$% hick!" With that, Fargo gave Brian a swift shove towards the trunk, the barrell of his gun pressed against the back of his head.

Having little to lose at this point, Brian pushed the envelope. "Say please."

Fargo pulled back the hammer of the gun.

At the sinister click of the hammer, Brian winced. "Guess that's yer way of sayin' 'please'. Well, so long as your bein' so @#$%&* polite about it...."

Brian threw one leg over the end of the trunk, shifted himself over inside, and fell into it, landing on his back. He pulled the other leg in and flattened himself the best he could, making sure he wouldn't be bonked with the trunk lid. "There, happy?"

In answer to Brians smart reply, Anderson slammed the trunk down hard and walked the drivers side of the car and opened the door. "Come on, lets go."

Fargo nodded and sat down in the passenger seat. A moment later, the Camaro fired up and began to pull away from the old warehouse.

(Cue anybody!)

• 3 weeks later...

*This is a joint post with MaryAnne and Daney*

MaryAnne and Daney watched the Camaro pass. MaryAnne could only make out two people in the car.

"I can't tell if Brian's with them..." she said. She watched until the Camaro's tail lights disappeared around the corner and then she looked back at the warehouse. She suddenly had a horrible thought and then picked up the CB mike. "Rosco, you better follow 'em."

"I couldn't see if Brian was in the car," Rosco replied back.

"That's what I'm worried about. Daney and I will check out the warehouse. You keep an eye on 'em. We'll let you know what we find." Hopefully nothing...

"Ten-four." Diablo's engine turned over and Rosco swung the Chevy out onto the road and followed after the Camaro.

MaryAnne looked at Daney.

Daney reached into the backseat and grabbed her backpack. She retrieved a flaslight. "MaryAnne, you want this one or the one in the glove box?"

MaryAnne popped open the glove box. "I'll take this one," she said, pulling the flashlight out. She smiled at Daney. "You always come prepared."

"I learned from the best," Daney grinned nervously. Uncertain of what they would find in the warehouse, she got out of Hunter. "Maybe Rosco will meet up with the boys or someone," She said quietly, waiting for MaryAnne to lead the way to the building.

"Maybe," MaryAnne said. "Hopefully those two dudes don't spot him...." She clicked on her flashlight and walked to the warehouse with Daney.

The warehouse was not as big as what some folks would think of a warehouse to be. Infact it was probably about the size of an average barn. But nonetheless it had served as a warehouse at one time or another for products Boss's varied enterprises dabbled in. Both legal and illegal.

When they got to the building, MaryAnne and Daney stepped inside cautiously, unsure of what they might find. Both shined their flashlights around the room, noting the footprints on the dusty floor. There was little furniture; a table and a couple of chairs. There was no Brian, but they still had a little more of the building to look through.

Without a word, the two split up. One toward the left area, the other ventured right. Daney was almost finished when she speculated out loud. "Maybe this was only one of the guy's hang outs." Fargo and Anderson's boss probably had more than one place in the town on the off chance his plans got messed up. She peeked over her shoulder at MaryAnne.

"I don't think so," MaryAnne replied as she looked into another smaller room of the one she and Daney were in. "I doubt they had plans to stay in Hazzard as long as they have and I don't think they'd have more than one hideout." MaryAnne came to stand in the middle of the room and looked across at Daney. "Well, obviously Brian's not here. But those two took off for somewhere. Either they killed Brian already and they're going to dump him, or he's in that car and still alive."

Daney took a deep breath. "I like option two!" She ran past MaryAnne to the door. "Do you want to drive this time?" She hurried out of the building and to the Plymouth.

MaryAnne followed out after Daney. "If you don't object," she said. She came to a stop at the driver side of Hunter, and looked across the hood at Daney. "Because I'll tell ya, option two is the only thing I'm considering!"

Hazel eyes locked with blue ones. "Yep, because so help them if they-" Daney commented, and got into the vehicle. MaryAnne got in the driver's side.

The flashlights were tossed in the backseat. The engine sprung to life. Daney released the parking brake. MaryAnne's right hand moved the shifter from neutral to reverse. Her left hand gripped the steering wheel. Her foot hit the gas pedal.

The vehicle went backwards enough to turn around, then Daney slammed the shifter into drive. As Hunter pulled onto the road, she grabbed the cb mic and held it up for MaryAnne.

She took a hold of it. "Rosco, you there?"

"Yeah," came the immediate reply. "What did you find....?"

"Nothing. He's not in there, which means he's gotta be in that car. Where you at?"

"Just a couple miles away from there. Still on Farmer Road. MaryAnne, if he's in that car what if he's---"

"Just keep with them, cousin, we're coming!"

(cue anyone!)

• 1 month later...

Inside the Camaro's trunk, Brian was having an uncomfortable ride. He felt every jarring bump and pothole in the road. The trip itself, however, wasn't the bad part. It was the destination itself that was concerning him. Soon, his bluff would be called for good.

Wherever Riddick was, Brian hoped the trade had been worth it. Wherever his kin was, Brian hoped that they might someday have the chance to track down Fargo and Anderson and visit some justice upon them.

Meanwhile, he'd do what he could to see that the Camaro eventually drew the attention of the law. Brian drew his knee up and kicked back into the inside of the taillights, attempting to break them from the inside. He repeated the kicking, banging himself around in the trunk until the Camaro's brakes slammed for a second and forced him to roll bodily against the inside panels. *WHAM!* "..GAH! @#$&*..."

The Camaro moved again, the point made. Brian turned his head to look at the taillights. One was cracked, but the interior frame kept him from successfully knocking it out. Well, that left the wiring harness...

The darkness of the trunk kept him from being able to see exactly where the tailing wiring was, but that didn't stop him from using a boot to catch and pull against any wiring found. He was rewarded with the disconnect of half the brakelights, when the wires gave. The other wiring set was behind his head, and there would be no turning himself around in the trunk to get at it.

He hoped that half the brakelights being out, would be anough for some picky Southern cop to pull the car over. And maybe get suspicious. And maybe, just maybe, eventually Fargo and Anderson's bounty hunting days would be over.

Unfortuntely, it wouldn't happen soon enough.

(cue anybody!)

Rosco saw the Camaro's tail light go dark and he blinked. "That's funny it was workin' just a minute ago...huh, ain't never seen that before---" Suddenly Rosco stopped and he realized something. He could pull them over for a busted tail light!

No. He couldn't. He wasn't driving a patrol car and the two bounty hunters already knew what he looked like and would probably bolt like scalded cats. If they didn't just shoot him dead first.

Rosco picked up Diablo's CB mike. "Enos, you got yer ears on? This is Rosco..."

"Right here, Sheriff! Where have you been? You and MaryAnne have been gone an awful long time and for a spell there I couldn't get you on the radio!"

"Enos, will you hush! Listen, where are you right now?"

"I'm on patrol on County 14. Why?"

"I want you to get your butt over here to Farmer Road. I got a suspicious lookin' vee-hicle I want you to pull over."

"Uh, Sheriff? You want me to come over to pull somebody over? Why can't you do it?"

"Because, dipstick, I'm not in a patrol car! Now just hush and git over here. I'll explain everything later! Just git over here!!"

"Yes sir! I'm gone!"

Rosco sighed and dropped the CB mike. It was several minutes before he spotted the headlights of Enos's patrol car coming down another road that intersected with Farmer Road. The Camaro passed the intersection and then Enos pulled out and followed.

"Sheriff, where are you?"

"Nevermind where I'm at, Enos. The car infront of ya is the one I want ya to pull over. They got a busted tail light."

"Ok, Sheriff...." The red and blue gumballs atop of Enos's car lit up. A short *whoop* from the siren called to the occupants in the Camaro.

(cue Fargo/Anderson!)

Fargo and Anderson looked in the rear view mirror at the same time as the lights on top of the police car came on. It wasn't a site that they had wished to see right about now, but there were worse things they decided, even if they couldn't think of anything right now.

As a matter of fact, Fargo pondered considering his choices of action. Such a kinda law Hazzard County had, they would probably obligein helping them find the carcass they were looking for. For a price of course, how about for the price of a local civilian, like the one in the trunk.

Suddenly Fargo jammed on the breaks and spun the Camaro around so that it came to a halt, its passenger door facing the front end of the one coming Furry. Quickly Fargo jumped outta the car and ran to the trunk in the blink of an eye, he popped the trunk with one hand and drew a .45 from his outter coat pocket with the other hand.

Fargo roughly grabbed Brian by the front of his black shirt and jerked him hard towards the open trunk. He pointed the gun at Brian's head knowing that it would immediatly cause the law to come to a screeching halt. Fargo drew back the hammer on the gun and an shoved the barrel under Brian's chin.

(Cue MaryAnne, Brian or Rosco and Enos.)

Enos had already slowed the patrol car down when Fargo had brought the Camaro to a screeching halt. Seeing Fargo jump out, however, sent up every red flag and alarm with the police training Enos had had. The patrol car came to a stop.

Several feet behind him, Rosco brought Diablo to a quick stop and killed the headlights, the Chevy becoming cloaked within the darkness. He could see in the headlights from the patrol car that Fargo had popped open the trunk of the Camaro and Brian was being held like a prize buck, the gun unmistakable in Fargo's grip.

There was a tense moment, as Enos remained in the cruiser, afraid if he stepped out that Fargo would pull the trigger. Carefully, he picked up his radio mike. "Sheriff? That's Brian in that trunk.....would you please tell me what's going on?"

"There's no time, Enos. Listen to me....I'm not that far behind you...."

Enos glanced in the rearview. "I can't see you..."

"You're not supposed to. Step out of the patrol car, Enos....careful. Let 'em see ya, talk to 'em...stall for time, okay?"

"Okay, Sheriff....you say so...." Enos put the mike down and slowly opened the door. He stepped out of the car and kept his hands in plain view for Fargo to see.

Rosco was still on the CB. "MaryAnne, you hear any of that."

"Yes! What in the hell is going on?!"

"We've got trouble. Big trouble. Git your postieror up here, but kill your lights just before you get here."

"That didn't answer my question! What the hell is going on?"

"Our hostage situation just took a turn for the worst."

MaryAnne tossed Hunter's CB mike down. "Dammit!" Daney flinched at the outburst.

Enos meanwhile, stepped a few steps away from his patrol car. "Okay," he said. "Just take it easy....I was only pulling you over because you had a busted taillight...."

(cue Fargo/Anderson)

The bounty hunter held on tightly to his hostage as his partner Anderson came around the passenger side of the car. This hadnt been part of there plans exactly but, if it meant getting

to Riddick or his remains, hell who cared. Fargo pressed the gun firly to Brian's chin and continued

to hold onto him tightly as he watched the Hazzard County Deputy ease out of his patrol car.

"Stay right that deputy! You take one step this way an this plow boys a dead man!" Fargo shouted at Enos.

"Do as we say pig and no one will get hurt. We just want what we came here for!" Anderson shouted too, putting in his moneys worth.

Fargo glanced at him briefly and returned his attention to the deputy standing at his patrol car, he looked at his hostage for a moment. Not a flicker of emotion showed in his eyes as he glared at Brian and adjusted the hold on his gun.

"Listen up deputy! Im only gonna say this once!" Fargo too a deep breath and bellowed loudly. "You bring us a man named Tunder Mason Chase... AKA Riddick! And we will make you a fair trade! You give us Riddick and we will give you this plow boy umharmed and entirely intact!" Fargo's voice was now loud and very demanding.

He paused awaiting the deputies reply to his demand of the young law officer, Fargo wouldn't hesitate to stick his hostage with a bullet if the deputy refused. But he would be patient and wait, he knew very well that this hostage was his only way to get Riddick.... there carcass prize.

(Cue Anyone. MaryAnne, Brian... ya know anyone.)

Enos stood perfectly still and even had his hands out so that Fargo and Anderson could see where they were. Riddick? he wondered. What did they want with Riddick? Boy he wished he knew what the heck was going on!!

Stall for time the Sheriff had said. Was he kidding? The dude holding the gun on Brian looked ready to pull the trigger if he got the wrong answer. And Brian had his hands bound behind his back and was essentially helpless.

Enos took a deep breath. "Awright...." he said gently. "Look, I think we can work this out here... I ain't sure where Riddick is right now but I can probably find 'em...."

As Enos was talking, MaryAnne had brought Hunter down the road. The Plymouth's headlights were off, as Rosco instructed but MaryAnne wasn't exactly prepared for what she was going to see. Hunter coasted and when MaryAnne saw Brian being held at gunpoint by Fargo, the deputy saw red.

Suddenly she slammed the accelerator and Hunter's highbeams came on. The car blew past Rosco in Diablo and was aimed for Fargo and the back end of the Camaro.

"What the--?? MaryAnne!! NO!!!"

MaryAnne had a deathgrip on the steering wheel. Daney was beginning to having some serious reservations about having let MaryAnne drive the car....

Enos turned, seeing nothing but bright headlights and he jumped out of the way, landing on the hood of his patrol car. Hunter's engine roared as the car came barreling down on Fargo and Brian.

(cue Fargo or Brian!! (hang on, Daney! ROFL))

(***I know I shouldn't interupt the story, but I would like to pause here for a brief moment to tell everyone alittle something about this next post and this story. This story started a long time ago, it got cold for a short time and maybe even forgotten about for a time. But here we all are finishing it, alot of work has gone into writing this fic, as does every fic and I would like to thank the dedicated people who have made it possible to finish such and important story.

This next post took me three hours to write this evening, I wrote 7 different versions of it to get it the way I thought it should be. This post needed to be as good as I could possibily make it because of its importance to this fic. This story in itself is very important, two people who usually don't stand on the same side of the tracks did, an that ment alot to me. Because of people like these and stories like this, I Riddick will always call Hazzard County my home, no matter where I may roam.

Thank you all for putting forth such an amazing amount of time and effort. An thank you to the two muses who stepped outside of the boundaries and defied all the odds. Thanks Signed: Author Denise & Riddick. ****)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Arrrhhhhh!!!" Fargo snarled and turned his head away from the blinding headlights of the car barreling towards him.

The bright lights caused him to grimace as he jerked his body in the other direction releasing the front of his hostages shirt and sheilding his eyes. Fargo stood there stunned like a big nasty buck in the headlights, mad, confused and unsure of which direction he should go.

Quickly he made a decision, if he was going down, he was going down with a big bang and he was sure as hell taking someone with him. Although he knew the hand holding the gun had lowered a few degrees and although he could not see the black clad figure he pulled the trigger.

"BANG!!!"

The gun shot echoed through the darkness as Fargo spit a bullet into Brian's right shoulder and quickly dove out of the way of the barreling car. As he hurried to get out of the way Fargo fired again and again until he hit the ground near the ditch.

"BANG!!! BANG!!! BANG!!!"

The stray bullets sprayed high clipping the open hood of the trunk with a brutle sound...

"TING!!! TING!!! TING!!!..."

(Cue Anyone....I hope that I didn't disapoint you Brian.))

(I'll have more indepth accolades later, but for now, Dee, you've done a great job in this story. =)

I took liberties with Fargo and Anderson, as I've had permission to write these characters from the start. Daney, I merely placed you in a position and I hope you don't mind the minor character control.)

----------

There was hardly any time to register what had taken place. Only that reaction had to be quick.

Rosco had jumped out of Diablo when he realized MaryAnne was barreling through in Daney's car. He had hollared his warning and ran after the car in vain effort to stop what was about to happen but it was futile. He watched in horror as the gun in Fargo's hand discharged and Brian reeled from the bullet in his shoulder and fell into the open trunk of the Camaro.

Enos, after he recovered from his fall over the hood of his patrol car, scrambled back to his feet as Fargo went diving out of the way of manic car. Enos didn't see that Brian had been hit, but did see the sparks in the black night as more bullets screamed in the direction of the trunk of the Camaro. Given the ferociousness of which the gunfire came, when it came to an abrupt stop, Enos could only guess that the gunman had run out of ammunition. Enos pulled his gun from his holster and started for the ditch Fargo had tumbled into.

Hunter flew away from the scene and went several feet down the road before swinging around to come back.

Rosco headed for the trunk of the Camaro. Anderson, rifle in hand, saw this and Enos heading for Fargo. He brought the rifle down to bear on Rosco first....

Rosco saw it and bolted to the end of the Camaro, hitting the ground just as shots skipped in the dirt behind him, dust illuminated by the Hunter's highbeams as the car returned to the scene. Rosco rolled around to the back tire of the Chevy and looked directly underneath the car to see where Anderson was standing. The man's feet took a few steps toward the back of the Camaro and then changed direction and he suddenly bolted in the direction of Enos's patrol car.

MaryAnne brought Hunter to a skidding stop and jumped out of the car, pulling her gun from the holster. Hunter's highbeams cut a swath of light directly at Enos's patrol car and she saw Anderson running toward it.

"Stop!" she yelled. A warning shot was fired.

Daney scrambled out of her Plymouth and saw Rosco and MaryAnne headed toward Anderson. She looked and saw Enos had jumped down into the ditch and had one armed pulled behind Fargo's back, the bounty hunter face down in the dirt. His previous wounds were making their presense well known and the pain practically paralyzed him. Daney hurried over to help Enos.

Anderson came to a short stop just at the fender of the white patrol car and turned back, bringing the rifle around to bear. Hunter's highbeams blinded him but he caught the movement of Rosco coming around the front of the Camaro and he fired a wild shot in the Sheriff's direction. MaryAnne answered by firing at Anderson, hitting the bounty hunter in his left arm, the force of the bullet knocking him over the hood of the patrol car.

Rosco got there first and relieved Anderson of the rifle. He looked at MaryAnne as she came up beside him. "Brian was hit--"

MaryAnne waited for no more and turned immiately, running back to the Camaro. She reached the trunk and pauses only a beat before reaching in to touch her cousin.

"Brian? Brian, can you hear me??"

Her fingers gently felt for a pulse...

(cue Brian!)

The only bullet that had concerned Brian, was the one that had claimed his flesh and sent him falling back into the trunk. He layed there as the burn of lead and warm seep of blood gave way to a pleasant numbness. He didn't flinch as further shots pinged against the open trunk lid over his head, sending tiny sparks to dance for his bemusement.

The roar of a motor, screeching brakes, and more gunfire didn't phase him. Despite the chill of the night air and the lack of his jacket, he didn't feel cold. He didn't feel anything....

...but he saw the swath of bright light outside, caused by Hunter's headlights. The open trunk lid was revealed against the night sky, the back of the Camaro like an open coffin.

He closed his eyes, the weariness of his exhausted, wounded body sinking towards a sweet oblivion. But soon a familar voice was interrupting this indulgent repose; and it was a voice that could not be ignored. At the touch to his neck, Brian slowly opened his eyes, and turned his face towards MaryAnne.

She stood there, her uniformed presence a silhouette against the white light behind her. He smiled, weakly, and whispered out her name. "MaryAnne...."

And then unconciousness could no longer be denied, and Brian gave into it, his eyes closing and his face turning to rest against her hand. His pulse continued to tap lightly beneath her fingers....

(cue MaryAnne)

• 2 weeks later...

MaryAnne could see the wound in Brian's shoulder, the darkened stain of the black material of his shirt. "Hang on cousin....hang on..." She gently took her hand away from Brian's pulse and immediately made a run for Diablo.

Rosco, having secured Anderson with handcuffs, made the bounty hunter have a seat on the ground next to the patrol car. He saw MaryAnne head for Brian's Chevy so he went to the trunk of the Camaro to see for himself.

Brian was unconcious but Rosco saw the slow, steady rise and fall of his cousin's chest. He was still alive....

Diablo came forward with a ready growl. MaryAnne put the car in park and stepped out of the car, coming around the front of it. "We don't have time to wait for an ambulance. Help me get him into Diablo...." She pulled the passenger door open and then turned to the trunk of the Camaro.

Together, the two carefully lifted Brian out of the trunk of the Camaro. They then maneuvered to the passenger side of Diablo and the black clad cousin was placed in the car with care.

"Okay," Rosco said as he closed the passenger door. "Git out of here. Go on!"

MaryAnne was already half way around the front of the car. She jumped in the driver seat, put the car in gear and the Impala tore off down the road.

(cue anyone!)

• 3 weeks later...

(It's simple, love. Without consultin' anyone, removed the piece so Brian's arrival at the hospital would be more storyline congruent. I gave my word to Miss Denise many moons ago about makin' an apperance in this story and completed that goal. Basically, it's up to C., MaryAnne, Brian etc to finish this adventure. Opps, I think MaryAnne said we weren't suppose to do this but sometimes a side note to everyone is the best policy. Daney)

(okay, forgive a tad of character control here)

Chance stepped out of the doors of the ER, taking a deep breath of night air. Five long hours in surgery had proved a mixed blessing. The hemogenesis treatment had raised Riddick's blood pressure to the point of survival but with it popped open some of the internal sutures holding his wounds together. Chance had worked like mad and against a ticking clock to repair the damage. But without the drug treatment, Riddick's wound would have slowly leaked to his death from inside, unnoticed. But now his was once again stablized, even now he was being returned to ICU.

The young surgeon rubbed the cramps out of her fingers, it had been a long and hard surgery but...

She didn't have a chance to finish the thought as Diablo came turning up into the ambulance bay, turning with such speed and force Chance almost had to jump out of its way.

When MaryAnne opened the door to reveal Brian, Chance didn't give Riddick another thought for the moment, but yelled inside for a stretcher and help. Within seconds, a couple of hospital staff was outside helping Chance lift him into the stretcher. She just recieved a new patient.

Chance was no stranger to gun shot wounds, and she could already tell that despite the blood, the wound was too high on the shoulder to have damaged any major organs, but the loss of blood was a concern. But that could be stablized once inside the ER within minutes. She had to force her mind away from the fact that this was the man she loved or else she would lose that clinical edge that made her such a good doctor. Running along side the stretcher, she glanced back at MaryAnne, giving her a small nod, silently telling her that her cousin was in the best medical hands in Tricounty.

(Cue Brian, MaryAnne or anyone else in this scene)

The rush of adrenline that had carried MaryAnne from getting Brian into Diablo, the drive to the hospital, getting him out of Diablo and then helping him onto the stretcher all came to a crashing stop once the doors the ER swung closed.

MaryAnne had seen Chance's nod and knew Brian was in the best of hands. But for the moment, the young deputy could do nothing but stare at the middle of the two doors as they settled....

....and cry.

(cue anyone!)

Bo and Luke sighed at the sight of the brunette law woman in emotional distress. They gave each other a look, hurried outside. The Duke men stopped in mid stride to the General at the sight of a familiar face behind the wheel of someone else’s car. “Rosco!†They hollered to the driver of a green Plymouth Duster, it’s engine turned off a second before the Sheriff’s lanky form emerged out the driver side. “Boys, I had permission. Appreciate if y’all went over to the jailhouse, check to make sure Enos got two rogues cuffed and stuffed.†His blue eyes flashed darkly for a moment. “G’wan.†He ran toward the hospital entrance doors. The boys watched quietly.

“You wanna drive it?†Luke jerked a thumb toward Hunter.

“Hmmm,†Bo hesitated. “Maybe one of us should stay here with Rosco and MaryAnne.â€

“They have each other, Brian’ll -†Luke paused, stepped over to the General. He got in the driver side of the orange stock car. Bo got the in the passenger side. “We can pick it up when we report back to the Sheriff about Enos.â€

“If you insist, cousin.†Bo got comfortable, fastened the safety belt just like Rosco always said too. He guessed that the two men that had caused Riddick’s dilemma were now guests of the Hazzard County Jail.

(cue Author Denise... Daney)

• 2 months later...