1/25 MPC General Lee kit

JHDuke

Hey y'all,

I've decided to take my first few steps into modeling and what better way to do it than with a General Lee kit! It's a 1/25 scale MPC kit produced by Round 2 Models, I will be posting updates on this although I will be working on this whenever I have a free minute, so I apologise if updates are a bit inconsistent.

10:4

Joe :)

Hey y'all,

So today I sprayed the body and interior and started painting the underside, rollcage and a few other parts, I've been using Tamiya TS-31 spray for the body and TS-68 spray for the majority of the interior (dashboard, steering wheel and seats are all hand painted with the closest Tamiya bottle paint I could find, the same goes for the firewall etc.), I'll try to post some photos but I'm having problems with the size of the files, worst case scenario I'll have to scale them down in Paint, anyway that's all for now, I'm gone.

2 hours ago, JHDuke said:

I'll try to post some photos but I'm having problems with the size of the files, worst case scenario I'll have to scale them down in Paint, anyway that's all for now, I'm gone.

Paint.Net is much better than MS Paint, and it's free. You can download it here.

• 11 months later...

Hey y’all,

Well, it was officially a year ago yesterday at the time of writing that I started this project.

Unfortunately, cold weather, family commitments, an international pandemic and two bereavements got in the way of things.

Well, I’ve made some progress! I’ve painted the dash, centre console and steering wheel (ended up using the wrong Tamiya colour ‘Deck Tan’), I’ve also started on the rollbar and done the first coats on the oil pan and firewall.

I also have those long overdue photos for you that will be ready very soon!

10:4

Joe

On 12/21/2020 at 12:29 PM, Spike said:

I see they finally put the right body in the kit. The kit I have the body was of a Charger 500 instead of a regular Charger body. 

Ouch. Although saying that, the hood is a little bit off on mine, it's too hard to see on the photos, but I know for a fact others have metioned this before on HNet.

On 12/23/2020 at 7:45 PM, JHDuke said:

Ouch. Although saying that, the hood is a little bit off on mine, it's too hard to see on the photos, but I know for a fact others have metioned this before on HNet.

I see it has locking hoodpins whereas the General Lee did not. The hoodpins are also in the wrong spot as they should be at the front corners not by the faux hood vents

47 minutes ago, Spike said:

I see it has locking hoodpins whereas the General Lee did not. The hoodpins are also in the wrong spot as they should be at the front corners not by the faux hood vents

I wonder why the General didn't have hood pins, especially after they welded the doors shut and put a roll cage in.

• 1 month later...