First Time Poster

JHDuke

Hi all,

Having a Dukes obsession the majority of my life I decided to sign up to HazzardNet and introduce myself, so here it goes... I'm Joe and I've been a fan of The Dukes of Hazzard since I was about 5 or 6 years old, I've stood by the show nearly my whole life leading to a long-standing argument with my father on which 80's TV Car was better, KITT or the General, anyway I look forward to getting to now you all in the future.

Best regards,

Joe

As you may have noticed, I'm originally from the UK, and I'm still just across the water in Ireland.

We've had a few prominent UK members in the past, but they've all gone a bit quiet of late. Roth isn't too far away in the other direction - just across another bit of water in the Netherlands.

Everybody here is from Hazzard and now Joe is too and we are excited to have a new guy in town. You sound like the kind of person who will be staying around a long time so that's awesome. Tell us more about your love of the show. Favorite character, season, episode, scene, etc. There's so much to explore here. Feel free to check old some of the older threads and revive them. This place is the best electronic Dukes of Hazzard museum on the planet. It will take you months to go through it all. 

7 hours ago, JHDuke said:

, I've stood by the show nearly my whole life leading to a long-standing argument with my father on which 80's TV Car was better, KITT or the General, 

If your father has tried to convince you that Kitt is better I have to question what kind of role model he has been. On the other hand, you are a lifelong Dukes fan so he clearly did something right when he raised you. Despite his one single fault he sounds like a great parent. 

Edited by RogerDuke

Hi all,

Thank you so much for a warm welcome I should probably tell you more about my love of the show, well... My favourite character is Luke, favourite episode is "Duke vs Duke" and to show my love of the show I have a General Lee slot car that sits pride of place on my desk, thanks again for a warm welcome.

Joe

3 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

If your father has tried to convince you that Kitt is better I have to question what kind of role model he has been. On the other hand, you are a lifelong Dukes fan so he clearly did something right when he raised you. Despite his one single fault he sounds like a great parent. 

Yes he did, well both of them are good shows compared to some of the new stuff has always been my belief, but he was a very good parent 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...