Bo Duke Is Indeed Going To Jail!

By all accounts, John is a very nice guy. His mistake was not getting a prenuptial agreement with that banshee of an ex-wife. 

I got his autograph at the 2005 Superman festival in Metropolis Illinois.  He stayed almost 2 hours past his scheduled time signing autographs for fans.  I was near the end of the line, and his wife didn’t look pleased with him.  From her demeanor, I’d gladly pay 18k a month to not be married to that demon!!

48 minutes ago, HossC said:

If, like me, you've missed this story, you can read it here. I went with the Fox News site for my link because that's who he spoke to, although they didn't bother to get his age right!

Hoss, you are the man! I tried but couldn't get it to download! Thank you! It may be excessive …..and I think it is, but come on! Where is all that money he made off the show and from appearances and from toys, shirts etc.??  These people just burn through money like it will always be coming in at the same pace....they need to have discipline and maturity and some foresight!!

$19,000/mo. is $228,000/yr. Let's say he walked away from the Dukes and all the side line stuff and had $20 million. This shouldn't be too hard to figure ( He probably made a lot more!) but let's be conservative. OK, $20 million invested properly, without having to be a financial genius, you could live very nicely on the interest and never touch the principle and STILL pay that gold digger her $19,000/mo.! This is another example of people getting too happy and throwing money everywhere ( like you see the rappers do on their videos), and thinking happy time  is here to stay and it's never going to end! 

It looks like John got away with only five hours in jail due to Daisy distracting the guards and Luke helping him escape overcrowding.

I've been trying to find out what's happening with Tom's legal troubles. Various allegations and charges were made last August/September, but not much has been written on the subject since then. Incidentally, Tom's appearing at Cooter's in Nashville this weekend - see here for more details.

That's not very exciting Hoss but it's probably best. I heard that Ben Jones was firing his old wrecker up and was planning on using chains to pull the bars off the windows. Since his wrecker has seen its better days I'm guessing he wouldn't have had much of a chance running from the cops. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not to burst y'all's balloons here, but John is not yet out of trouble because he still has to pay. He said in an video on FB that he will probably will be going back due to charging him with what they know he can't pay. I agree he should have invested his money more than he did, but their youngest is 21 years old. So that money isn't going to the kids. There is no way she should have gotten away with getting paid by John that much per month.  It's just wrong. No matter if he is a celebrity or if he isn't a celebrity. I get the celebrities have more money, but still...Jeff Gordon's first wife got a boat load and Jeff's boat when they divorced as well - and they didn't have kids!

I second Hoss. They made a big deal on Tom Wopat's arrests months ago and yet haven't said one word since then. It would be nice to hear what is going on with him and all that...

"I've worked seven days a week, 80 hours a week, at least since 1978."

1. I have no doubt he works hard, but I am willing to call BS on this statement. That is hard to keep up for 40 years. And acting is not a very consistent gig.
  2. Should have had insurance on the studio.
  3. He's been divorced twice. One would think he would have had a pre-nup the second time.

In his defense though, it sounds like his wife is responsible for a lot of his fortune disappearing in the first place. (https://theblast.com/john-schneider-financial-problems/)

"Schneider also lays some of the blame for his financial hardship on Elvira. He claims when she filed for divorce in 2014, she also withdrew $200,000 from their joint account and transferred it to a separate account without his consent. He also claims Elvira “never attempted to work or even find work” during their marriage. Schneider also claims she ran up $15,000 per month on their American Express and put them both “in severe debt to commercial institutions, the IRS and the state government.""

Interesting article, Meadowmufn. Elvira must be a real catch, as she was pushing for the maximum jail sentence against John. Also interesting to see that they were in talks for another movie on the Hallmark Channel before Tom had his issues. 

Bottom line, he should have definitely gotten a prenup, and been more careful with his money over his lifetime. I’d still feel for the guy though, even if I wasn’t a Dukes fan. 

• 5 months later...